Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-03-2022, 05:27 AM   #1
Daodan
Human being with feelings

Default [FIXED] Automation and modulation has no effect when changing preset during playback

Hi.
It would be nice if automated (and modulated) parameters were updated immediately when you change preset. Now, if there is no value change in automation (flatline), the automation has no effect until the value changes or playback stopped or repeated.

Example:

You can see that Mix parameter automation ignored after preset changed till automation value changes.

Same with modulation:

I think it would be great to always update the parameters immediately after changing the preset.

-----
Fixed in v6.78+dev0413. Thanks!

Last edited by Daodan; 04-14-2023 at 04:24 AM. Reason: FIXED
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:10 PM   #2
Daodan
Human being with feelings

bump
Just got bx_delay2500 (from last Plugin Alliance sale). Nice delay and it have "Lock" mix function to change presets and keep dry/wet balance untouched (Fix. Mix button). BUT! there is "Wet Solo" button witch is enabled in some present and disabled in other.
So the only way to really lock dry/wet mix is automation or modulation with zero strength.

But every time I change preset during playback I need to hit space twice (stop/play) to force automation or modulation to work.

Automated parameter updated at playback stop or next loop iteration if repeat playback enabled. Would be great to update it immediately after preset change.

Before finishing this post, I decided to test some other plugins. It seems that some of them do not have the described problem. Does this mean that this is the fault of the plugins and cannot be fixed from REAPER side?
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote