Old 07-19-2021, 04:06 AM   #1
AlB
Human being with feelings

Default 7.1 to Ambisonics?

I am trying to convert a 7.1 mix (interleaved) using the IEM Multiencoder normalisation SN3D 1st Ambisonic order , but for some reason I only get two channels & not 4. Can anyone help work out why? I'm guessing it's a channel input order.

I've got the right no of channels set , it shows 4 outs but I only see 2 signals.

Appreciate any help, I basically need to convert 7.1 to Binaural, I'm using IEM to Ambisonics then using Harpex to convert to Binaural.
AlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
sguyader

Can you give us more details on how you set up your session?
For example, do you want first export a FOA ambisonic wav file (4 channels) from Reaper, that you want to convert to binaural afterwise?
Or do you want a binaural (2-channel) file out of Reaper?

I suspect that you render (export) your audio through the master track and that it is set to receive only through channels 1-2, but I may be wrong.
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
AlB

Thanks for the reply, if I can get the 4 channel Ambisonic file that would be great I can do stereo in or out of reaper but I can't seem to get the IEM to process it properly to 4 tracks

I've checked the inputs using interleaved and split files today, they all come into an empty bus track in Reaper and go to the right outputs, I slot the IEM plugin in set 1st Ambisonic order (4 tracks) order and checking the Encoder plugin I/O is the same. but all I get is two tracks.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
Kewl

Could you share the .RPP file (without the audio files)? It looks like a routing problem.
Kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
AlB

Thanks Kewl for the reply ok finally I've sussed it, I put mono versions of the encoder on the surround file sources and that worked fine.

Sorry to waste peoples time.