Old 02-25-2022, 05:53 PM   #161
juliansader
Human being with feelings

v2.17 uploaded. Hopefully it's 3rd time lucky!
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:14 AM   #162
Vagelis

I can confirm that it finally works! Thank you very much Julian for fixing it!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:18 AM   #163
hans

Just love it!
One of my fav scripts.

But is there a way to get it to work on normal track volume envelopes as well? Apparently, the behavior is different from all other envelopes.

Last edited by hans; 05-10-2022 at 12:25 AM.
hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #164
juliansader

Sorry for not replying sooner!

It seems that the script works better with Envelope defaults -> Amplitude scaling than with Fader scaling. I will try to see if I can improve its behaviour with Fader scaling.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #165
hans

Thanks Julian! Would have been great. But i'm very happy with how it works overall anyway. I'm using a gain insert plugin as the alternative at the moment, and it'll work if there isnt an easy fix.

thanks for a great script!
Old 08-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #166
rss313

awesome lfo capability, thank you
i did RTFM but can't wrap my head around some parameters. and why is bezier disabled? i can't make anything look as smooth as you did in the OP gifs. is there video demo of this anywhere?
rss313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #167
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rss313 View Post
i did RTFM but can't wrap my head around some parameters. and why is bezier disabled?
I do not know which formula REAPER uses to graph its Bézier curves, so the script can unfortunately not replicate the exact shape in the MIDI editor.

Quote:
i can't make anything look as smooth as you did in the OP gifs. is there video demo of this anywhere?
Are you referring to the density of the CCs? The script inserts CCs at the density that the user sets in Preferences -> MIDI editor -> Events per quarter note when drawing in CC lanes.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #168
rss313

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I do not know which formula REAPER uses to graph its Bézier curves, so the script can unfortunately not replicate the exact shape in the MIDI editor.

Are you referring to the density of the CCs? The script inserts CCs at the density that the user sets in Preferences -> MIDI editor -> Events per quarter note when drawing in CC lanes.
Not sure about the bezier formula ?? Might be too over my head

Density of CCs? Yes, I think that is what I mean. I attached a png showing what I was impressed by. My preferences are at the default 32 per quarter note. Another question. My lfo tool is only working in the midi editor itself, where all the scripts were installed. I see there are 6 different scripts - do I need another shortcut on another of those to get them to work on automation lanes in the arrangement (as pictured)??
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (63.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 08-24-2022, 04:06 PM   #169
juliansader

Quote:
My lfo tool is only working in the midi editor itself, where all the scripts were installed. I see there are 6 different scripts - do I need another shortcut on another of those to get them to work on automation lanes in the arrangement (as pictured)??
There is a separate script for automation lanes: js_Envelope LFO generator and shaper.

You can use the same shortcut key for this script, because it will be installed in a separate context from the MIDI editor scripts.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:46 AM   #170
hans

just started using Script: js_Razor edit - Apply LFO to razor areas by converting to temporary automation items.lua

Great script! Thanks for that.

However, it sometimes lags a bit for me. Its fast in creating the automation item and the AI properties comes up instantly. It's when i close the AI box and the AI gets converted it lags for a second or two.

Sometimes the script creates a lot of lag in my session and I need to run "stop all scripts" to unfreeze it.

Edit:
I seem to have found out what's causing the lag.

If you create one razor area, run the script, and then without closing the current AI box and you run it again on a new razor area, the project starts to lag for infinity.

Last edited by hans; 08-27-2022 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:29 AM   #171
rss313

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
There is a separate script for automation lanes: js_Envelope LFO generator and shaper.

You can use the same shortcut key for this script, because it will be installed in a separate context from the MIDI editor scripts.
sick! i'm loving this. i noticed the tool automatically affects the time selection - is there an option to change this? I ask because when i reopen the tool on the same time selection the "work" i did gets erased.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:59 PM   #172
juliansader

Unfortunately not. The script can only recall previous shapes if they were in Automation Items.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:47 AM   #173
reapero

Great script as usual Julian! Many thanks!

Two lil questions:

- Can the font size be increased? It really looks tiny here
- Can i edit the script to default to Beats instead of Time Timebase? Tried to find it but i couldnt.
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:26 AM   #174
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
- Can the font size be increased? It really looks tiny here
Does it look smaller than in the screenshots in the first post?

To increase it, search for the line "gfx.setfont(1, font, 15)" in the script, and edit the 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
- Can i edit the script to default to Beats instead of Time Timebase? Tried to find it but i couldnt.
Find the line
Code:
tableGUIelements[GUIelement_TIMEBASE]=make_question(BORDER_WIDTH,BORDER_WIDTH+GUI_ELEMENT_HEIGHT*#tableGUIelements,0,0,0.0,"Timebase?",function(nx) end, "Beats", "Time")
and change the 5th argument from 0.0 to 1.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #175
reapero

Thank you sir!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:03 AM   #176
robotron

Can't thank you enough for making this superb tool! It's completely transformed how I edit MIDI CCs.

The only thing I can think of that would make it even more awesome is if it were possible to change some of the parameters with a MIDI controller (I'm assuming there isn't an easy way to do this currently).

This frees me up from a lot of mouse based CC editing and it would be amazing if I could change even just the start/end envelope points in the bottom section with a couple of MIDI faders.
robotron is offline   Reply With Quote