Old 09-27-2022, 02:28 PM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default ChannelStrip by Audio Assault - now 7.99$

https://audioassault.mx/products/aa-551-channel-strip
Old 09-28-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
Mcgiver69

Already got it and it is very good, Linux ready too.
Mcgiver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
Tobbe

Bought it also. Great stuff from Mexico
Old 09-29-2022, 04:18 AM   #4
mike@overtonedsp

https://www.uaudio.com/blog/uad-4k-c...ss-compressor/

Interesting analysis from UAD, particularly regarding the subtleties of the EQ section, which are often overlooked.
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:36 AM   #5
beingmf

Thanks a lot, Tobbe! Not for the channel strip though, which didn't convince me at all but for the free "Blacksun" guitar amp. That thing is gorgeous, amazing!!
Old 09-29-2022, 07:43 PM   #6
wastee

Thank's share it! Bought it.
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
PMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
https://www.uaudio.com/blog/uad-4k-c...ss-compressor/

Interesting analysis from UAD, particularly regarding the subtleties of the EQ section, which are often overlooked.
Thanks for the tip, Mike!

There are so many great Linux-native plugins out there, many free, many commercial.

I really like the EQ 500 Channel EQ plugin from OvertoneDSP https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/ (shoutout to Mike!)

20 db boost or cut in 3 bands... and it still sounds natural. I *always* use it on kick drums.

$27 bucks, and a free trial version - good stuff!

I support devs that support Linux, and I gotta say, the only OvertoneDSP plug that I haven't bought (yet), is their graphic EQ.

Last edited by PMan; 09-30-2022 at 01:23 PM.
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 02:58 AM   #8
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
I really like the EQ 500 Channel EQ plugin from OvertoneDSP https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/ (shoutout to Mike!)
Thanks - we also do some dynamics and EQ plug-ins for Linux with, lets just say 'similar coloured knobs' at:

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/download-acm500xa/ and

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/down...0xa/index.html.

These might be a bit more expensive but they do come with some nice features such as fully interpolated controls (so no zipper noise when adjusting the parameters, which can otherwise be evident with, for example a 1kHz tone) and a stylized resizable modern UI - for those suffering skeuomorphic overload...
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #9
PMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
Thanks - we also do some dynamics and EQ plug-ins for Linux with, lets just say 'similar coloured knobs' at:

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/download-acm500xa/ and

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/down...0xa/index.html.

These might be a bit more expensive but they do come with some nice features such as fully interpolated controls (so no zipper noise when adjusting the parameters, which can otherwise be evident with, for example a 1kHz tone) and a stylized resizable modern UI - for those suffering skeuomorphic overload...
Fully interpolated controls, eh? I'll have to check those out...

Thanks, Mike
Old 10-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #10
gauderbock

Has anyone struggled to get Audio Assault stuff working on Linux? I've bought quite a lot over the years, but the GUIs often disappear and I can't work out why. I can't see it being a dependency issue as it sometimes works, sometimes not. Examples include Duality EX, AuralVerb, several of the guitar amps...

FWIW I'm on Ubuntu at the moment, but found the same on AV Linux (MX Edition) a while back.
gauderbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #11
Mcgiver69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauderbock View Post
Has anyone struggled to get Audio Assault stuff working on Linux? I've bought quite a lot over the years, but the GUIs often disappear and I can't work out why. I can't see it being a dependency issue as it sometimes works, sometimes not. Examples include Duality EX, AuralVerb, several of the guitar amps...

FWIW I'm on Ubuntu at the moment, but found the same on AV Linux (MX Edition) a while back.
Only encounter that issue when opening Tonelib plugins, once I've opened a Tonelib plugin then the GUI on AA plugins don't appear and viceversa. Haven't found the reason or solution yet.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #12
Mcgiver69

Audio Assault FreakQ 305 is on offer $5, it comes with Linux native version.

https://audioassault.mx/collections/...ucts/freakq305
Old 10-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #13
Pinknoise

Quote:

MXLinux is where I get the most luck with AA and Ugritone. Under Arch, EndeavourOS previous version, I was able to make them work after a lot of install uninstall clear cache rescan. Under Artemis, latest version cant get them to work.
Cant get them to work on Manjaro.

I end up installing pc versions under wine. It is sad. Also their activation seldom works they should give us a text file for license so at least this way they cut one problem out of the equation.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 10-08-2022 at 09:22 PM.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:27 AM   #14
PMan

Quote:

I've been on Ubuntu for years, currently on 22.04. I have not had problems with Audio Assault plugs. I only own 2; AuralVerb and FreakQ 305. Great plugs, no problems with either one of them.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:23 AM   #15
gauderbock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgiver69 View Post
Only encounter that issue when opening Tonelib plugins, once I've opened a Tonelib plugin then the GUI on AA plugins don't appear and viceversa. Haven't found the reason or solution yet.
Thanks, yep I've just tried and same here. Very strange.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:58 PM   #16
gauderbock

Quick kludge for the above - loading Tonelib GFX as a regular plugin, and Audio Assault Duality EX via Carla Rack works fine here. Not ideal, but ok.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:28 AM   #17
gauderbock

Okay, I've got Tonelib GFX, Auralverb, Duality EX, and Reamp Studio playing together nicely. Basically, when adding an Audio Assault plugin from the FX browser, right click and choose to run as a separate process. Seems to work fine.

(I didn't even know that option existed until today...)