Old 09-29-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
pietro79
Human being with feelings

Default hide only *certain specified* markers

Hello!

With some projects, I have hundreds of markers, and am wanting to better make sense of them.

I use Auto-Colour extensively. Super useful.

I use the action "Ruler: Display project regions/markers as gridlines in arrange view" lots too. But it's only On or Off.

My question: is there a way to hide only *certain specified* markers, filtering their visibility based on keywords.

By "hiding" them, I mean hiding the actual markers from the Ruler, and/or hiding them from the Region/Marker Manager.

In terms of hiding the markers from the Ruler, I would imagine it would work like Auto-Colour, but instead of adding a colour to the marker, it would make the marker invisible.

In terms of hiding them from the Region/Marker Manager, I'm thinking that maybe there's a way to specify keywords to *exclude* -- I tried for example preceding a term to exclude with a - (negative symbol), but that's just read as "search for dash".

Any tips?

Thanks!
Pietro
pietro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:07 AM   #2
X-Raym

Markers and Regions doesn't have visibility variable unfortunately.

You can consider using Heda's script Regions tracks instead, to make marker and regions frawn from items. Items. It allows to hide/display markers based on item or track Mute state.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:53 AM   #3
uncleswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro79 View Post
Hello!

With some projects, I have hundreds of markers, and am wanting to better make sense of them.

I use Auto-Colour extensively. Super useful.

I use the action "Ruler: Display project regions/markers as gridlines in arrange view" lots too. But it's only On or Off.

My question: is there a way to hide only *certain specified* markers, filtering their visibility based on keywords.

By "hiding" them, I mean hiding the actual markers from the Ruler, and/or hiding them from the Region/Marker Manager.

In terms of hiding the markers from the Ruler, I would imagine it would work like Auto-Colour, but instead of adding a colour to the marker, it would make the marker invisible.

In terms of hiding them from the Region/Marker Manager, I'm thinking that maybe there's a way to specify keywords to *exclude* -- I tried for example preceding a term to exclude with a - (negative symbol), but that's just read as "search for dash".

Any tips?

Thanks!
Pietro
If you have the SWS extension installed you can use its Marker Utilities. It won't do exactly what you want but you can, with some forward planning, use its Load, Save and Delete Marker set options to great effect.

For example, if I'm working on a music video, I might have separate marker sets for song sections (intro, verse, chorus etc), another for audio edits I need to do, another for video edits, another for scene cuts etc.
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #4
pietro79

Hi!

Just reporting back that I made this a feature request, but then user vitalker taught me that, indeed, you *can* modify a search term to be an exclusion.

You write NOT with a space after it.

Example:

"sfx NOT water" will return all markers/regions that contain "sfx" excluding those that contain "water"

It's case-sensitive

---
Also vitalker mentioned AND and OR work, too. And that they should work in all search boxes in Reaper, not just Region/Marker Manager.

Horray!
pietro79 is offline   Reply With Quote