Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 11-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #121
Giovanni_B
Human being with feelings

Thanks for answering.

Yeah, it looks like it's a pain in the ass. I guess I'll stick to the good old Ctrl+drag.

Any plans for new themes in the future?
Giovanni_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #122
kaylec

Can someone explain how I can make the track names (font) larger? My old eyes need things a bit larger.
kaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #123
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni_B View Post
Thanks for answering.
Any plans for new themes in the future?
Not a the moment.
Unfortunatelly this new stuff with HiDPI/retina complicated things too much. Also I dont have a hidpi monitor(dont see the need- HD ones work just fine) so I cannot test the high resolution stuff.

MAybe in the future, who knows.

J
Old 11-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #124
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylec View Post
Can someone explain how I can make the track names (font) larger? My old eyes need things a bit larger.
Open the Theme develpment/tweaker in the Actions menu and search for font settings in the menu. There is an alinee with track name font. You can change the size there.

REgards J
Old 11-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #125
kaylec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne83 View Post
Open the Theme develpment/tweaker in the Actions menu and search for font settings in the menu. There is an alinee with track name font. You can change the size there.

REgards J
ARG!! Or course - thanks for reminding me.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #126
kaylec

Hello again -

I am trying to make my version look like Stevies - with the track lables justified left and the folders centered.

I made a duplicate of your theme file and opened the rtconfig file and found where the font is moved over 0.5 and changed that to 0 - which seems to work.

I saved the file (that being the only change) and put the theme back in the folder and can select it from the menu, but it doens't keep all the colors and such. I did this once before on the default theme and the same thing happened. So I wonder what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Old 11-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #127
Janne83

Quote:
Hello again -

I am trying to make my version look like Stevies - with the track lables justified left and the folders centered.

I made a duplicate of your theme file and opened the rtconfig file and found where the font is moved over 0.5 and changed that to 0 - which seems to work.

I saved the file (that being the only change) and put the theme back in the folder and can select it from the menu, but it doens't keep all the colors and such. I did this once before on the default theme and the same thing happened. So I wonder what I am doing wrong? Thanks

The theme lost its connection with its image folder. If its packed together in reaperthemezip package you dont get this issue. If you unzipped it to reach rtconfig and images you have to show the copied theme where the images are (click on the browse button and locate the images folder) and then resave the theme so it remembers the path:

Old 11-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #128
kaylec

OK - I think I understand that part. I can get the graphics back by doing what you say, but not the colors. Let me ask if I am doing this correctly:

1 - copy your theme and change the extension from xx.ReaperThemeZip to xx.ReaperTheme.Zip
2- Open that zip and find the folder and the .ReaperTheme file
3 - find the reconfig doc in the folder and open that in Text Edit, make any changes and save that doc as plain text
4 - select the folder (which includes the folder and the .reapertheme file and compress is to a zip file
5 - rename that file xx.ReaperThemeZip and move it to the color themes folder.

Then I can check and see if the images folder is where you indicated. if not, I have to find that in the folder that I used to create the zip file and then resave the them.

Yes? Thanks for all your help. Learning a lot.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:37 AM   #129
Janne83

Quote:
OK - I think I understand that part. I can get the graphics back by doing what you say, but not the colors. Let me ask if I am doing this correctly:

1 - copy your theme and change the extension from xx.ReaperThemeZip to xx.ReaperTheme.Zip
2- Open that zip and find the folder and the .ReaperTheme file
3 - find the reconfig doc in the folder and open that in Text Edit, make any changes and save that doc as plain text
4 - select the folder (which includes the folder and the .reapertheme file and compress is to a zip file
5 - rename that file xx.ReaperThemeZip and move it to the color themes folder.

Then I can check and see if the images folder is where you indicated. if not, I have to find that in the folder that I used to create the zip file and then resave the them.

Yes? Thanks for all your help. Learning a lot.
Sorry for a late reply. Been busy

I usually worked with an open archive in themes folder- .reapertheme file and an image folder- I save and locate the images via this setup. It works as long as it is in the themes folder. I repacked to reaperthemezip package only when I posted the themes here in the stash in Reaper website. Both options work. Just make shure to repack it back at the end when youre finished with all the setting up.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:19 PM   #130
Giovanni_B

Hi Janne,

The latest updates of Reaper broke some elements of your theme, particulary the way muted items or items on muted tracks are displayed. Are you aware of this issue? is there something I can do with the png images to fix it?

Thanks.

Notice the pink lines and the weird grey edge:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard02.jpg (16.4 KB, 161 views)
Old 06-10-2022, 08:38 AM   #131
reapercurious

I've tried many themes but I can't get away from Janne2016v1.0.4

this is my favorite reaper theme of all time.

reason, it's easy to visually find what i need to find. the icons are simple and memorable. there are no overly fancy anything, which means nothing is distracting.

it's easy to read everything, the colors are balanced. the only thing it needs is to be able to color the tracks and media items.

please keep maintaining this theme.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:40 AM   #132
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni_B View Post
Hi Janne,

The latest updates of Reaper broke some elements of your theme, particulary the way muted items or items on muted tracks are displayed. Are you aware of this issue? is there something I can do with the png images to fix it?

Thanks.

Notice the pink lines and the weird grey edge:
Hey. This is some cockup with the yellow/pink lines. (i used excessive amount of yellow lines to center the edges.)Thanks for finding this out, i havent noticed it myself because I use the default themes usually.

I remade the itembg files (please find them attached under this post)just replace these with the old ones in the theme folder (easiest if its reaperthemezip is to directly open the file in winzip and drag the new item pngs in)

PS:
Regarding actively maintaining this theme its unfortunately quite difficult with so many new additions (its been 8 years since Ive released the last version)- also the original theme photoshops were unfortunately lost in a flooding (couldnt find any backups unfortunatelly in all the chaos at the time). Ill try to find them (if they still exist) in a stockpile of my old hdds when i find some time to spare but cannot promise anything.

Hope this helps
Best regards J
Attached Images
File Type: png item_bg.png (1.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: png item_bg_sel.png (1.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Janne83; 06-12-2022 at 02:54 AM.
Janne83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:09 AM   #133
Giovanni_B

Perfect. Thank you Janne.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #134
twonky

This is an awesome theme- would someone mind telling a noob how to color the whole track in the MCP? Even in the Tinted version i can only color the scribble strip.

Thanks!
twonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:51 AM   #135
blade_master777

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonky View Post
This is an awesome theme- would someone mind telling a noob how to color the whole track in the MCP? Even in the Tinted version i can only color the scribble strip.

Thanks!
I apologise if I've misinterpreted your question, but if I'm correct you may want to try the Reaper Preferences > Track Control Panel > Tint Track Panel Backgrounds. See the attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: png MCP Tint.png (249.7 KB, 153 views)
blade_master777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:08 PM   #136
twonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_master777 View Post
I apologise if I've misinterpreted your question, but if I'm correct you may want to try the Reaper Preferences > Track Control Panel > Tint Track Panel Backgrounds. See the attached image.
Nope, you got it exactly, thank you so much for the help!
twonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:17 PM   #137
OrgodioOrgodio

Hi Janne, your theme is by far the best looking, cleanest, and minimal theme I've ever seen. I'd like to know how can I change the position of the Pan knob in both the TCP and MCP.
Thank you so much!
OrgodioOrgodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:24 AM   #138
Leo Zali

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrgodioOrgodio View Post
Hi Janne, your theme is by far the best looking, cleanest, and minimal theme I've ever seen. I'd like to know how can I change the position of the Pan knob in both the TCP and MCP.
Thank you so much!
+1!! I can't use Reaper without this theme anymore. Been using Janne since 2014. We need a 2023 version!
Leo Zali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 07:49 AM   #139
futurewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zali View Post
+1!! I can't use Reaper without this theme anymore. Been using Janne since 2014. We need a 2023 version!
I also hope for the same, but perhaps it is wishful thinking.
futurewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 11:32 AM   #140
Mne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zali View Post
+1!! I can't use Reaper without this theme anymore.
Same here!
Mne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 05:28 AM   #141
Janne83

Hey

1. the moving of pan knobs can be done y manipulating numbers in the rtconfig.txt file with lines set mcp.pan and set tcp.pan. Just note the setting is individual for each layout.

2. Regards new versions of themes-

I already wrote about it some time ago- The new hidpistuff is just too time consuming and complicated for me to dig in- creating many versions of the same images with different scaling is a bit much- even one version takes weeks, so at current time i unfortunatelly dont have enough time on my hands. Its a full time job unfortunatelly.

Other thing- I personally still dont have any 4k displaysin my setups because I have no need for them so it would be quite difficult to test stuff before releasing it.

Hope you understand

Regards J