Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-06-2022, 05:20 PM   #1
FonBot
Human being with feelings

Default Maschine Mikro Mk3 appears enabled but no MIDI input

Hi there!

I have a Maschine Mikro which I used in the past to finger drum in Superior Drummer (as a VSTi in REAPER). It's been a year or so since I last used it. It worked fine, but now it is not.

As the title says, it is recognized as a MIDI device, and its status is Enabled. But it is not listed on the track's MIDI inputs, nor the track recognizes any kind of MIDI input.

The device functions correctly in the Maschine Software. I also downloaded MIDI View software and it shows input when I press the pads, so I'm assuming that it is something in REAPER.

Also,no USB hub involved, and I tried 2 of the three USB ports my laptop has (both of them worked just fine before)

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone has got one that might help?
FonBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:58 PM   #2
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FonBot View Post
Hi there!

I have a Maschine Mikro which I used in the past to finger drum in Superior Drummer (as a VSTi in REAPER). It's been a year or so since I last used it. It worked fine, but now it is not.

As the title says, it is recognized as a MIDI device, and its status is Enabled. But it is not listed on the track's MIDI inputs, nor the track recognizes any kind of MIDI input.

The device functions correctly in the Maschine Software. I also downloaded MIDI View software and it shows input when I press the pads, so I'm assuming that it is something in REAPER.

Also,no USB hub involved, and I tried 2 of the three USB ports my laptop has (both of them worked just fine before)

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone has got one that might help?
So I use the DrivenByMoss extension with my mikro mk3 (you should check that out as it adds some cool functionality) but I believe the answer for you is the same as it would be if you were using that. You have to hit Shift+Project (I think it’s the little star-like icon) to be in straight midi mode. Otherwise it only works with Maschine. It’s been a while but I believe I’m correct. My apologies if that didn’t fix your issue.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:35 AM   #3
FonBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
So I use the DrivenByMoss extension with my mikro mk3 (you should check that out as it adds some cool functionality) but I believe the answer for you is the same as it would be if you were using that. You have to hit Shift+Project (I think it’s the little star-like icon) to be in straight midi mode. Otherwise it only works with Maschine. It’s been a while but I believe I’m correct. My apologies if that didn’t fix your issue.
Hey, many thanks for chiming in!

Yeah, the Maschine is in MIDI mode (and it sends MIDI and it is recognized by Windows), but REAPER won't see it as selectable input.

I'll check out that DriveByMoss thing. Appreciated!
FonBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:40 AM   #4
foxAsteria

This might not solve the problem, but FYI you can use Maschine in native mode, while still recording the MIDI in Reaper by recording track MIDI output. That way you can still use all the functions of Maschine (eg note repeat) but edit the MIDI in Reaper.

Try my templates if you want: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=194950