Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-27-2023, 05:41 AM   #1041
rathje
Human being with feelings

Default Dynamic... ple ple pleeaaaaase :-)

This is seriously my go-to graphic EQ now, and I LOVE IT. I still use TDR Nova for dynamic EQ and its great, but how cool it would be if ReEq could do dynamic EQ, maybe even (now we are posting wishes to Santa) with lookahead :-)

I know its not easy, and I freaking love it already. But just if you felt bored some day ;-)

THANK you for one of the best EQ's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
ReEQ - Parametric Equaliser

ReEQ is a sixteen-band high quality parametric equaliser. It's highly transparent, ideal for both mixing and mastering. It supports a wide variety of filter shapes, high/low pass filters from 6dB to 96dB, mid/side and stereo per band, and oversampling (default) for filter curve shape preservation at high frequencies.

Details

The filter code itself is based on Andy Simper's (Cytomic) SVF filter algorithms. These are the same zero delay filters used in Ableton's EQ8 which is well regarded for its high quality.

ReEQ supports filter low and high pass slopes ranging from 6dB to 96dB in increments of 6dB.
Also provided are a range of other filters including Butterworth filters for steeper (but more resonant) slopes, tilt filter, a Pultec style shelf and analog channel style low and high pass filters.

Each filter band supports mid/side or left/right for control of the stereo field.

Features

- The spectrum display type has a gradual decay effect (as used by many other commercial EQs). I find this much more useful for musical applications.

- The 'Settings' menu at the top allows various spectrum display settings to be adjusted. That's which spectrum to show (mid/side/left/right etc), whether to fill the spectrum or use lines, the ceiling and floor range, the tilt of the spectrum (it tilts around 1k freq), window type, window size and whether to show the spectrum as it was before the EQ affected it.

- The buttons at the bottom are: Oversample mode, mid/side or left/right mode, the scale of the filter bands, total gain, mid/left gain, side/right gain. The numeric values are altered by clicking on the button and dragging the mouse up or down.

- Double clicking in space creates a filter band node. Depending where the mouse x is on the spectrum you'll either create a high pass, low shelf, peak, high shelf or low pass filter.

- Click on the filter band node and move mouse to alter its frequency and dB.

- Alt Double click deletes a node.

- Double clicking on a filter band node will toggle enable/disable.

- Low and high cut filters Q is altered by dragging the filter node. For other filter types, hovering over a node and using the mouse wheel will adjust the filters Q value.

- Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and mouse wheel hovering over a slope filter will adjust the slope dB.

- Right click over a filter band node will bring up a menu. Options are: Disable/Enable, Invert gain, Select shape of filter, dB of slope (only for high/low pass filters), Stereo placement (mid/side, left/right), Split node which will split the node into mid/side or left/right and delete.

- When a filter node is in mid/side or left/right mode, some triangles are displayed around the node to give an indication of such.

- Clicking on the top-right yellow EQ dB number will show a menu allowing to select the EQ range from 6dB - 30dB.

- The info box at the mouse cursor when over a node or in listen mode will show useful information such as the frequency of the mouse position or node (if hovering over one), the music note and cents, dB of mouse or filter, filter Q and filter slopes.

- The drawn view scales to fit the full window and when the mouse isn't hovering over the window the programs turns off distracting menus and node handles.

- Holding the left shift key down puts the EQ into solo/listen mode. This mode works either with selected bands or as a freeform listen function. For freeform mode, simply press shift and move the mouse around. You'll see two boundary bars which specify the part of the audio spectrum that will be audible. Pressing the mouse button and moving vertically will increase or decrease the listening volume and you'll see a horizontal bar to tell you where the dB volume is. To solo a band, hold click when hovering over the band node and hold shift down. The soloing works differently for each filter type to accommodate what you may want to be listening for. Dragging filter nodes and altering Q works as normal in this mode so that you can make these adjustments whilst soloing. NB: filter band soloing also respects the mid/side or left/right assignment of the filter node.

- Axis lock for gain and frequency: ALT+drag will lock the frequency axis. CMD (or WINDOWS)+drag will lock gain but allow drag in Y axis to alter Q. CMD (or WINDOWS)+ALT+drag will lock gain and lock Q.

- Press CMD (or WINDOWS) whilst dragging a filter node will lock gain and allow Q tuning.

- Press ALT when dragging a filter node or turning a panel dial allows fine tuning.

- Select multiple filter nodes by holding the left mouse button and dragging a region box to encompass filters. Group selected filters are shown with a glowing halo around them. Holding CMD (or WINDOWS) then dragging the region box will not deselect already selected nodes and will toggle the selected state when the filter node falls within the region.

- When multiple filter nodes are selected the menu available by right clicking operates on all selected filters. The individual filter panel display at the bottom of the screen ONLY affects the currently focussed filter.

- There is a limit function which can be toggled using the 'LIMIT' button on the bottom button row. It hard clips any overflowing signal to prevent loud surprises. It's here as a safety measure.

- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) toggled by clicking the 'AGC' button on the bottom button row. When toggled on, ReEQ will attempt to match the output gain with the input level. A small button with 'S' (for Set) appears next to the AGC button when toggled on. Pressing this 'S' button will set ReEQ's master volume to the matching value and disable AGC once more. To cancel AGC mode simply click the AGC again.

- By default, when a filter node is selected you'll see the bottom centred panel reflect it's properties. You can adjust freq, gain and Q by dragging the mouse on the corresponding dial. To hide or show the panel click on the 'PANEL' toggle button at the bottom of the window.

- There's now a manual courtesy of enroe who made it. Many thanks!

Press ALT or CMD (or WINDOWS) and double click on a value in the bottom row to reset the numeric values to default.

ReSpectrum

- The same 'Settings' options as ReEQ.

- 'keys' button toggles a piano roll. Hover over the piano keys to see a vertical beam to pinpoint spectrum frequencies.

- 'peaks' button toggles the spectrum display of maximum peaks.

Caveats

- Only the first five filter bands are exposed as sliders for automation. This is a Reaper JSFX restriction.

- A reasonable CPU is required depending upon how many filter nodes you activate and whether you're running in ECO or HQ mode. ECO is fine for most purposes, is twice as fast, and has no latency.

Installing

The repository URL to add to ReaPack is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ju...ster/index.xml

I also supply here a zip file which can be unzipped to your Reaper effects directory.

The best method for installing JS plugins for Reaper, which works on any operating system and any install type of Reaper.

Or, you can read it in the current REAPER User Guide on page 113.

ReEQ is a labour of love and whilst I'm doing it for fun and to give something to the community, I've been asked if anyone can buy me a beer. If you so wish you can do that using the following link.

https://www.paypal.me/nitsujdsp

v1.2.0 / 1st Dec 2021
* Node drag on Low cut and High cut filters now modifies resonance.
* Panel 'gain' and 'Q' knobs now fade for bands that don't need them.
* Bug fix: ECO rendering of low cut at Nyquist caused a visual glitch.

v1.1.3 / 29th Nov 2021
* Bug fix: gfx_char() had been removed. It's necessary though because without it, the mouse_caps for CMD/ALT/SHIFT don't register unless the mouse is clicked first.

v1.1.2 / 25th Nov 2021
* Bug fix: ReSpectrum now uses SVF naming (zdf_ to svf_)
* Added version to menu in ReSpectrum

v1.1.1 / 25th Nov 2021
* Fixed version number

v1.1.0 / 24th Nov 2021
* Can now draw region to select multiple nodes
* Selected nodes can be moved and Q altered
* The right-click menu affects group selected nodes, the filters panel affects single filter nodes
* Holding CMD (Mac) or Window (windows) and clicking on a specific filter node will toggle its group selected state
* Holding CMD (Mac) or Window (windows) key whilst region selecting toggles filter select states
* Clicking on an empty part of the display will deselect all group selected filter nodes

v1.0.12 / 13th May 2021
* Node dragging - more precise selection, pressing ALT key now drags node slower allowing fine tuning.
* Dial dragging - pressing ALT key now turns dials slower allowing fine tuning.
* Denormals - now uses JSFX built in denormalisation.

4th July 2020
* Minor fix - filter types in panel were missing last two filter types. Fixed.

1st June 2020
* New filters! Low and High Channel (Analog)
* Added version to Settings menu
* Fixed a menu indexing problem

21st May 2020
* Now supports up to 16 filter nodes instead of 8. Maintained backwards compatibility in the serialisation files so you should be fine with projects already using ReEQ. HOWEVER, you won't be able to go back to the older ReEQ after using this version.
* Cross platform rendering is improved. The PC version should now have improved drawing of buttons etc.
* Attempt to fix denormalisation issue.

15th March 2020
* Fixed a bug where a filter band being in listen mode wouldn't continue listening if the mouse left the viewport.
* Altered line thickness for both retina and normal when the view becomes very compact (for MCP & TCP).
* Added a manual PDF - many thanks to enroe who kindly made it!

18th December 2019
* ReEQ now gracefully handles smaller view sizes for Reaper 6 TCP & MCP views.
* ReSpectrum brought up to date with some rendering and the above view handling.

15th November 2019
* Minor update - fixed the gfx_showmenu positions for retina mode as the latest Reaper no longer requires adjusted coordinates
Old 04-27-2023, 08:33 AM   #1042
jsaras

I'm very late to this party, but thank you for your work!
jsaras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:03 AM   #1043
Wojtek Stecyszyn

Quote:
Stock ReaEQ would be faster in all cases but ReEQ has more features. In ReEQ there is a quality setting that's either HQ or ECO. This is essentially whether oversampling is used to correct filter shapes near Nyquist. In many cases it can just be set to ECO for best performance with no loss in audio quality.
Thank you for your answer.
Is it possible (in case that my project will be overloaded and going back from ReEQ to stock ReaEQ would seem to bee a solution to save CPU) to easly transfer all EQ tweaks from ReEQ to ReaEQ?
Old 06-15-2023, 01:55 PM   #1044
BartR

is it possible to make ti multichannel?
So that if the input is 6 channel also the output is?
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 08:19 PM   #1045
odod

Hi everyone, I am still unable load the presets .. I am on Mojave with v1.2.0, how to fix this?
odod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 05:16 AM   #1046
Francesco

Is it possible to do eq matching between a track and a reference track with this like with fabfiler? No right?
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:43 AM   #1047
fake horizon

Default ReEQ doesn't remember default settings using shortcuts

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum, so nice to meet you!

I use ReEQ.jsfx as my main EQ to use with the UI embedded in the mixer.
When i launch the jsfx from the FX browser, REAPER remembers my default settings for the plugin (UI embedded in MCP). But when i launch it with a shortcut from the Actions page, REAPER loads ReEQ without the embedded UI.

Am i doing something wrong? This behavior happens with ReEQ only. I tried with other jsfx but it seems there're no problems so far.

Thanks in advance!
fake horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM   #1048
AudioBabble

Fantastic work! Thanks so much -- and you went the extra mile and wrote a pdf manual too
Old 08-15-2023, 09:31 AM   #1049
MaXyM

Hello
I'm grateful for this plugin.Using it for years.
Although I have a feeling it has been abandoned, I would like to report several issues:
* Sometimes control panel has problems showing up. I have to play with the size of the window to somehow trigger it. I'm almost sure it's due to DPI settings. I have Win10, 40" 4K monitor, and 150% dpi scale set for the OS.
* AGC - years ago I encountered high-volume crackles when enabled. I believe others were reporting it as well. But I'm not aware it has been fixed. Not using it anymore though.
* Analyzer plugin reacts on selected band shortcut, but plays nothing then. I'm aware it's not an EQ plugin anymore, but playback of a selected range would be unique and useful
* I found the plugin doesn't report mute for bands to reaper (in order to automate them)
* selecting more bands and pressing MUTE band button acts only on one of selected bands (I would expect muting/unmuting all selected ranges at once)
with regards
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:22 PM   #1050
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
Hello
I'm grateful for this plugin.Using it for years.
Although I have a feeling it has been abandoned, I would like to report several issues:
* Sometimes control panel has problems showing up. I have to play with the size of the window to somehow trigger it. I'm almost sure it's due to DPI settings. I have Win10, 40" 4K monitor, and 150% dpi scale set for the OS.
* AGC - years ago I encountered high-volume crackles when enabled. I believe others were reporting it as well. But I'm not aware it has been fixed. Not using it anymore though.
* Analyzer plugin reacts on selected band shortcut, but plays nothing then. I'm aware it's not an EQ plugin anymore, but playback of a selected range would be unique and useful
* I found the plugin doesn't report mute for bands to reaper (in order to automate them)
* selecting more bands and pressing MUTE band button acts only on one of selected bands (I would expect muting/unmuting all selected ranges at once)
with regards
Not abandoned, it's just that I'm super busy at the moment and time is scarce. Since creating ReEQ I've made the transition to plugin and DSP development as a full-time profession. That and some other personal music related projects are consuming all of my available time.

However, I could see a time in the hopefully not-so-distant future where I'll take a bit of holiday/relax time and maybe push ReEQ on with bug fixes and some of the feature suggestions that have accumulated.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 05:29 PM   #1051
Broken Glass Audio

Quote:
Not abandoned, it's just that I'm super busy at the moment and time is scarce. Since creating ReEQ I've made the transition to plugin and DSP development as a full-time profession. That and some other personal music related projects are consuming all of my available time.

However, I could see a time in the hopefully not-so-distant future where I'll take a bit of holiday/relax time and maybe push ReEQ on with bug fixes and some of the feature suggestions that have accumulated.
Are you able to share who you are developing for? Would love to support your endeavors.
Broken Glass Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 04:08 PM   #1052
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Glass Audio View Post
Are you able to share who you are developing for? Would love to support your endeavors.
Sure. I know this isn't the place for plugging, well, plugins but being though you asked I've been working with Devious Machines. Great company, Jim and Dom are wonderful people to work with.

Here's the latest plugin I worked on with them, Multiband X6:

https://deviousmachines.com/product/x6/
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 07:22 AM   #1053
AudioBabble

Fantastic plugin! I'm now using this instead of reaEq as a standard insert.

Couple of small things would be nice to see:

1. double-click on knob returns setting to 0
2. double-click on value allows text editing (entering a numerical value)

Also, I have a question:

Since this has been referred to as the 'poor man's Pro-C3', has anyone ever actually tested the two side-by-side for CPU performance?
Old 09-15-2023, 04:35 PM   #1054
Trogdor

I don't know if it is possible or not but is there a way to type in the Freq, gain and the Q? I'm trying to get specific numbers but it is really difficult trying to drag the mouse and do it and usually always pass the number I'm trying to obtain. I even hold the Alt on keyboard to make it more fine but still not fine enough.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 03:23 AM   #1055
AudioBabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I don't know if it is possible or not but is there a way to type in the Freq, gain and the Q? I'm trying to get specific numbers but it is really difficult trying to drag the mouse and do it and usually always pass the number I'm trying to obtain. I even hold the Alt on keyboard to make it more fine but still not fine enough.
You could click edit at the top of the plugin window, to edit the code... then find the slider you want and take away the - sign before the name of the slider, e.g.

change

slider30:Node2_Q=32.647<0,100.0,0.01>-Filter2 Q

to

slider30:Node2_Q=32.647<0,100.0,0.01>Filter2 Q

hit ctrl + s in the editor window to save and now you'll get a visible slider where you can type in the value.

A bit cumbersome, obviously!
Old 09-22-2023, 10:06 PM   #1056
Trogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioBabble View Post
You could click edit at the top of the plugin window, to edit the code... then find the slider you want and take away the - sign before the name of the slider, e.g.

change

slider30:Node2_Q=32.647<0,100.0,0.01>-Filter2 Q

to

slider30:Node2_Q=32.647<0,100.0,0.01>Filter2 Q

hit ctrl + s in the editor window to save and now you'll get a visible slider where you can type in the value.

A bit cumbersome, obviously!
Never thought of that. Yes it is cumbersome though, was hoping for something simpler in the current gui.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:18 AM   #1057
AudioBabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Never thought of that. Yes it is cumbersome though, was hoping for something simpler in the current gui.
yeah.. don't know if you've ever used ysfx (a 'container' for jsfx which allows them to be run in other DAWs)?

Probably not, but I was testing it the other day, and the interesting thing is that it has a 'graphics' button which makes the gui disappear, giving you just the sliders in much the same way as you can hit the UI button on VSTs, etc in Reaper.

Surprising really that Reaper doesn't give you this option in JSFX.

Point is, if you really wanted, you could install ysfx VST and then run ReEq through that... no idea if there would be any performance 'penalty' in doing it that way.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #1058
Soul Ryder

Default Looking for EQ with lower and upper frequency range limit

Hey I loving this EQ, just wondering whether it's been considered to have lower and upper frequency range limits as a settings option for each band. I don't think any other EQ has it, but can see it being really useful as a way of parameter modulating other plugins and their GUIs. Would much rather use the parametric interface than the knobs interface so many EQs have, but need to have limits on the ranges in order to do this.
Soul Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:08 AM   #1059
Meem

Default How can i get this?

I haven't this GUI interface, I just gor simple slides!
Meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 01:57 PM   #1060
Linspace

Does ReSpectrum allow you to save the peak curve? Would love to be able to keep catalog, to compare projects, etc.
Linspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 12:40 AM   #1061
Pink Wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meem View Post
I haven't this GUI interface, I just gor simple slides!
Did you download through Reapack?
Old 12-15-2023, 03:38 PM   #1062
MrHans

Default added feature: save peak plots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linspace View Post
Does ReSpectrum allow you to save the peak curve? I would love to be able to keep a catalog for comparing projects, etc.
Hey everyone, I'm new to the Reaper community. It's great to now be a part of it. First of all, thanks, Justin, for the great work you've done on ReSpectrum and EQ.

I also missed the feature of saving peaks, so I coded it. If somebody is interested, what's the best way to share the code with you?

@ Justin, if you like the feature and if it's not too poorly coded (perhaps you could do a quick code review), would you like to include it in your repository?

What are the changes
Basically, if you click on peaks, you now have two more buttons: "save Peaks" and "Delete Peaks." You can store up to 10 plots.

I'm thinking about adding buttons at the upper left corner for every curve that the user is saving (in the same color as the peak plot) to decide which plots are visible and which are not, and to be able to delete them individually. But this is a nice-to-have, at least in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: png reEQ.png (55.5 KB, 88 views)
MrHans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 11:34 AM   #1063
antontake

Quote:
ReEQ - Parametric Equaliser

ReEQ is a sixteen-band high quality parametric equaliser. It's highly transparent, ideal for both mixing and mastering. It supports a wide variety of filter shapes, high/low pass filters from 6dB to 96dB, mid/side and stereo per band, and oversampling (default) for filter curve shape preservation at high frequencies.

Details

The filter code itself is based on Andy Simper's (Cytomic) SVF filter algorithms. These are the same zero delay filters used in Ableton's EQ8 which is well regarded for its high quality.

ReEQ supports filter low and high pass slopes ranging from 6dB to 96dB in increments of 6dB.
Also provided are a range of other filters including Butterworth filters for steeper (but more resonant) slopes, tilt filter, a Pultec style shelf and analog channel style low and high pass filters.

Each filter band supports mid/side or left/right for control of the stereo field.

Features

- The spectrum display type has a gradual decay effect (as used by many other commercial EQs). I find this much more useful for musical applications.

- The 'Settings' menu at the top allows various spectrum display settings to be adjusted. That's which spectrum to show (mid/side/left/right etc), whether to fill the spectrum or use lines, the ceiling and floor range, the tilt of the spectrum (it tilts around 1k freq), window type, window size and whether to show the spectrum as it was before the EQ affected it.

- The buttons at the bottom are: Oversample mode, mid/side or left/right mode, the scale of the filter bands, total gain, mid/left gain, side/right gain. The numeric values are altered by clicking on the button and dragging the mouse up or down.

- Double clicking in space creates a filter band node. Depending where the mouse x is on the spectrum you'll either create a high pass, low shelf, peak, high shelf or low pass filter.

- Click on the filter band node and move mouse to alter its frequency and dB.

- Alt Double click deletes a node.

- Double clicking on a filter band node will toggle enable/disable.

- Low and high cut filters Q is altered by dragging the filter node. For other filter types, hovering over a node and using the mouse wheel will adjust the filters Q value.

- Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and mouse wheel hovering over a slope filter will adjust the slope dB.

- Right click over a filter band node will bring up a menu. Options are: Disable/Enable, Invert gain, Select shape of filter, dB of slope (only for high/low pass filters), Stereo placement (mid/side, left/right), Split node which will split the node into mid/side or left/right and delete.

- When a filter node is in mid/side or left/right mode, some triangles are displayed around the node to give an indication of such.

- Clicking on the top-right yellow EQ dB number will show a menu allowing to select the EQ range from 6dB - 30dB.

- The info box at the mouse cursor when over a node or in listen mode will show useful information such as the frequency of the mouse position or node (if hovering over one), the music note and cents, dB of mouse or filter, filter Q and filter slopes.

- The drawn view scales to fit the full window and when the mouse isn't hovering over the window the programs turns off distracting menus and node handles.

- Holding the left shift key down puts the EQ into solo/listen mode. This mode works either with selected bands or as a freeform listen function. For freeform mode, simply press shift and move the mouse around. You'll see two boundary bars which specify the part of the audio spectrum that will be audible. Pressing the mouse button and moving vertically will increase or decrease the listening volume and you'll see a horizontal bar to tell you where the dB volume is. To solo a band, hold click when hovering over the band node and hold shift down. The soloing works differently for each filter type to accommodate what you may want to be listening for. Dragging filter nodes and altering Q works as normal in this mode so that you can make these adjustments whilst soloing. NB: filter band soloing also respects the mid/side or left/right assignment of the filter node.

- Axis lock for gain and frequency: ALT+drag will lock the frequency axis. CMD (or WINDOWS)+drag will lock gain but allow drag in Y axis to alter Q. CMD (or WINDOWS)+ALT+drag will lock gain and lock Q.

- Press CMD (or WINDOWS) whilst dragging a filter node will lock gain and allow Q tuning.

- Press ALT when dragging a filter node or turning a panel dial allows fine tuning.

- Select multiple filter nodes by holding the left mouse button and dragging a region box to encompass filters. Group selected filters are shown with a glowing halo around them. Holding CMD (or WINDOWS) then dragging the region box will not deselect already selected nodes and will toggle the selected state when the filter node falls within the region.

- When multiple filter nodes are selected the menu available by right clicking operates on all selected filters. The individual filter panel display at the bottom of the screen ONLY affects the currently focussed filter.

- There is a limit function which can be toggled using the 'LIMIT' button on the bottom button row. It hard clips any overflowing signal to prevent loud surprises. It's here as a safety measure.

- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) toggled by clicking the 'AGC' button on the bottom button row. When toggled on, ReEQ will attempt to match the output gain with the input level. A small button with 'S' (for Set) appears next to the AGC button when toggled on. Pressing this 'S' button will set ReEQ's master volume to the matching value and disable AGC once more. To cancel AGC mode simply click the AGC again.

- By default, when a filter node is selected you'll see the bottom centred panel reflect it's properties. You can adjust freq, gain and Q by dragging the mouse on the corresponding dial. To hide or show the panel click on the 'PANEL' toggle button at the bottom of the window.

- There's now a manual courtesy of enroe who made it. Many thanks!

Press ALT or CMD (or WINDOWS) and double click on a value in the bottom row to reset the numeric values to default.

ReSpectrum

- The same 'Settings' options as ReEQ.

- 'keys' button toggles a piano roll. Hover over the piano keys to see a vertical beam to pinpoint spectrum frequencies.

- 'peaks' button toggles the spectrum display of maximum peaks.

Caveats

- Only the first five filter bands are exposed as sliders for automation. This is a Reaper JSFX restriction.

- A reasonable CPU is required depending upon how many filter nodes you activate and whether you're running in ECO or HQ mode. ECO is fine for most purposes, is twice as fast, and has no latency.

Installing

The repository URL to add to ReaPack is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ju...ster/index.xml

I also supply here a zip file which can be unzipped to your Reaper effects directory.

The best method for installing JS plugins for Reaper, which works on any operating system and any install type of Reaper.

Or, you can read it in the current REAPER User Guide on page 113.

ReEQ is a labour of love and whilst I'm doing it for fun and to give something to the community, I've been asked if anyone can buy me a beer. If you so wish you can do that using the following link.

https://www.paypal.me/nitsujdsp

v1.2.0 / 1st Dec 2021
* Node drag on Low cut and High cut filters now modifies resonance.
* Panel 'gain' and 'Q' knobs now fade for bands that don't need them.
* Bug fix: ECO rendering of low cut at Nyquist caused a visual glitch.

v1.1.3 / 29th Nov 2021
* Bug fix: gfx_char() had been removed. It's necessary though because without it, the mouse_caps for CMD/ALT/SHIFT don't register unless the mouse is clicked first.

v1.1.2 / 25th Nov 2021
* Bug fix: ReSpectrum now uses SVF naming (zdf_ to svf_)
* Added version to menu in ReSpectrum

v1.1.1 / 25th Nov 2021
* Fixed version number

v1.1.0 / 24th Nov 2021
* Can now draw region to select multiple nodes
* Selected nodes can be moved and Q altered
* The right-click menu affects group selected nodes, the filters panel affects single filter nodes
* Holding CMD (Mac) or Window (windows) and clicking on a specific filter node will toggle its group selected state
* Holding CMD (Mac) or Window (windows) key whilst region selecting toggles filter select states
* Clicking on an empty part of the display will deselect all group selected filter nodes

v1.0.12 / 13th May 2021
* Node dragging - more precise selection, pressing ALT key now drags node slower allowing fine tuning.
* Dial dragging - pressing ALT key now turns dials slower allowing fine tuning.
* Denormals - now uses JSFX built in denormalisation.

4th July 2020
* Minor fix - filter types in panel were missing last two filter types. Fixed.

1st June 2020
* New filters! Low and High Channel (Analog)
* Added version to Settings menu
* Fixed a menu indexing problem

21st May 2020
* Now supports up to 16 filter nodes instead of 8. Maintained backwards compatibility in the serialisation files so you should be fine with projects already using ReEQ. HOWEVER, you won't be able to go back to the older ReEQ after using this version.
* Cross platform rendering is improved. The PC version should now have improved drawing of buttons etc.
* Attempt to fix denormalisation issue.

15th March 2020
* Fixed a bug where a filter band being in listen mode wouldn't continue listening if the mouse left the viewport.
* Altered line thickness for both retina and normal when the view becomes very compact (for MCP & TCP).
* Added a manual PDF - many thanks to enroe who kindly made it!

18th December 2019
* ReEQ now gracefully handles smaller view sizes for Reaper 6 TCP & MCP views.
* ReSpectrum brought up to date with some rendering and the above view handling.

15th November 2019
* Minor update - fixed the gfx_showmenu positions for retina mode as the latest Reaper no longer requires adjusted coordinates
Thank you for this amaizing tool! Use it with pleasure

If you can implement the ability to analyze resonances using an equalizer spectrogram, then this will be a killer feature.

And if you can add the ability to automatically suppress these resonances, then it will be top of the top
Attached Images
File Type: png CROP_AnalyzerPoints.png (51.6 KB, 49 views)
antontake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 11:43 AM   #1064
antontake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHans View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the Reaper community. It's great to now be a part of it. First of all, thanks, Justin, for the great work you've done on ReSpectrum and EQ.

I also missed the feature of saving peaks, so I coded it. If somebody is interested, what's the best way to share the code with you?

@ Justin, if you like the feature and if it's not too poorly coded (perhaps you could do a quick code review), would you like to include it in your repository?

What are the changes
Basically, if you click on peaks, you now have two more buttons: "save Peaks" and "Delete Peaks." You can store up to 10 plots.

I'm thinking about adding buttons at the upper left corner for every curve that the user is saving (in the same color as the peak plot) to decide which plots are visible and which are not, and to be able to delete them individually. But this is a nice-to-have, at least in my opinion.
It will be super cool if you can carry out automatic analysis of resonances like the Pro Q3 does, I attached a screenshot in the message above.

And if you can implement dynamic suppression of these resonances like Soothe2 vst does, then it will be incredibly cool. Screen shot attached
Attached Images
File Type: png soothe2.png (169.4 KB, 61 views)
antontake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 03:24 PM   #1065
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHans View Post
This is what the ReaPack "ReaTeam" Repository is provided for. You can upload your contributions there, yourself. -> https://reapack.com/upload
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 09:46 AM   #1066
LourivalFranco

Default Over 24K

Great work, ReEq is my goto eq for cirurgical equalizations.
In my last work I was mixing an 96K session and miss visualize and eq above 20K.
Thank you in advance.
LourivalFranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 10:06 AM   #1067
enroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LourivalFranco View Post
In my last work I was mixing an 96K session and miss visualize and eq above 20K.
Over 20khz? Do you do this for your dogs? Or for the bats in the house?
I find that extraordinary!
Old 01-07-2024, 04:31 PM   #1068
gapalil001

this EQ is awesome, but is this possible to implement dynamic mode for bands? also would e great to see FFT from other instances for comparison
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:46 PM   #1069
Josefaldo

Default Keyboard

This EQ looks nice, but how do I use it with the keyboard instead of having to drag out the mouse and hope it doesn't ruin all my previous settings with it? Is it possible to use it like ReaEQ where you can type all the values you want or the only way to use this plugin is by dragging around the mouse and sometimes pressing a key on the keyboard for a specific move? (I have read the manual by the way, thats why I am asking).

Last edited by Josefaldo; 01-15-2024 at 12:58 PM. Reason: lack of contest and errors.
Josefaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:24 PM   #1070
boolin

Quote:
Since creating ReEQ I've made the transition to plugin and DSP development as a full-time profession. That and some other personal music related projects are consuming all of my available time.
Congratulations! Chapeau! Glückwunsch!

Wishing you much success in all these endeavours.

Quote:
to add to the feature request list, if you so deign...

- a 'freeze' button / command / function - regardless of play status - just hold and stop drawing - and allow adjustment / addition of eq points

(i quite inadvertently stumbled upon a particular set of circumstances which seems to trigger a reeq screen freeze pretty much every time, and i realized just how useful a function this is - please don't ask, bc until there is a button, i don't want this fixed! ...fwiw, i don't think it is in the reeq code)

Last edited by boolin; 02-05-2024 at 02:50 PM.
boolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 12:58 AM   #1071
Alex_Ik

Default ReSpectrum solo/listen mode doesn't work.

Hello,

Thank you for the amazing plugins! It's great that this becomes possible thanks to Reaper and dedicated community members like you!

I noticed a bug in ReSpectrum. When I press the Shift button, the sound disappears, although visually I see the solo/listen mode, as expected. I really hope that you will find the opportunity and willingness to fix this functionality.

Wishing you good health.

Windows 10 Pro(64-bit), Version 22H2, OS build 19045.3930
Alex_Ik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:02 PM   #1072
matt_t

Default Little bug

Select bands 2, 3 & 4, disable them, and a 5th band appears from out of nowhere.

And a little request to add to the bug report: please, on the initial double-click to insert a new band leave the gain at 0.0dB.

Thanks!
matt_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:08 PM   #1073
Obturatuur

Default ReEQ not showing up :´(

Hi!
I have been trying for a few days now but ReEQ just doesn't show up in my Reaper.
I put he folder in the effects/utility file, re-scanned, didn't work. I tried a bunch of different locations, and it just never shows up amongst my plugins.
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Obturatuur; 02-28-2024 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I forgot to be polite and thus felt bad
Obturatuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 08:38 PM   #1074
PMan

You need to find the Resources Path:
Options -> Show Reaper Resource Path

All JSFX go in the "Effects" directory in your Resource Path, so you should put the folder in the Effects directory(folder).

But...

It is easier to download using ReaPack.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=169127
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:22 AM   #1075
djabthrash

Found out about ReEQ by accident today after reading Youtube comments...

Fantastic plugin !
djabthrash is offline   Reply With Quote