Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #81
Bevosss
Human being with feelings

Thanks Tim! I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #82
musicbynumbers

Default Auto colour/icon

so far so GOOD! thanks!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #83
Bevosss

All good now with both icons and color, thanks Tim!

By the way I have run out of lines for entries, how do I get more? A few got deleted by that editing bug, I've tried double-clicking etc, no dice.

That bug I mentioned earlier when editing entries, I worked out it's when you modify the color title, or delete/rename an entry. Once you press enter, the entry moves to the top, then if you close and reopen auto-icon, it's gone from the auto-icon screen (although sometimes still present in the sws-autocoloricon.ini, just not visible in the window anymore!)

No biggee cause I can avoid it now, just keeping you informed. Here is a gif:

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/461259/AUTO-ICON-BUG2.gif
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #84
bblue

Great stuff, Tim. Thanks!

I'm wondering if a little mod can be done to the auto-color/icon section. Right now it seems that the string compare for track name is left to right for the length of the matcher (name for the auto-color match) string. Perhaps a special first character (or another per-entry method) could be used to do a substring search instead?

I've run into several cases where it was really cumbersome to make almost duplicate entries for minor variations of track names. An optional substring search could take care of that problem.

Thanks for any consideration.

--Bill
bblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #85
bblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
All good now with both icons and color, thanks Tim!

By the way I have run out of lines for entries, how do I get more? A few got deleted by that editing bug, I've tried double-clicking etc, no dice.

That bug I mentioned earlier when editing entries, I worked out it's when you modify the color title, or delete/rename an entry. Once you press enter, the entry moves to the top, then if you close and reopen auto-icon, it's gone from the auto-icon screen (although sometimes still present in the sws-autocoloricon.ini, just not visible in the window anymore!)
I've seen this too.

Also, the same issue with line count.

--Bill
bblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #86
sws
Code Monkey

Bevosss, bblue, try the "add" button below the list.

I'll look into the disappearing items bug, and later a way to match multiple track names/types.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #87
Evgeny Bardyuzha

As I thought if auto-coloring is enabled, it colors tracks right after naming, but it seems I always need to force it. Is it normal?
Auto-iconing works fine btw.
Evgeny Bardyuzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #88
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Bardyuzha View Post
As I thought if auto-coloring is enabled, it colors tracks right after naming, but it seems I always need to force it. Is it normal?
Auto-iconing works fine btw.
That was fixed in build #4. (2.0.0 #4) Can you verify you have the latest beta installed?

Tim
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #89
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Bevosss, bblue, try the "add" button below the list.

I'll look into the disappearing items bug, and later a way to match multiple track names/types.
well that's not intuitive at all hahaha

thanks Tim!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #90
Evgeny Bardyuzha

Quote:
That was fixed in build #4. (2.0.0 #4) Can you verify you have the latest beta installed?

Tim
oops..I guess I downloaded it but forgot to install ))
Evgeny Bardyuzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #91
fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Not strictly a bug report per se, but I think there is a misconception in the fingers groove tool when it comes to velocity quantizing and the strength parameter.

With strength=100% it works as expected, but with lower strength I get unexpected results.

A simplified example:

- My user groove source consists of two notes. Note 1 has velocity 100, note 2 has velocity 50.
- My target item has two notes, both velocity = 100

=> Result with strength = 50%: note 1 = 50, note 2 =25.
Expected: Note 1 = 100 (unchanged, it's already the same as the groove source, can't get any nearer), Note 2 = 75 (goes 50% of the way towards the source groove, not to half of the source groove)

Example 2:

- User groove source consists of two notes, Note 1 = 100, Note 2 = 100
- Target item has two notes, Note 1 = 50, Note 2 = 25

=> Result with strength = 50%: Note 1 = 50, Note 2 = 50
Expected: Note 1 = 75 (half way between 50 and 100), Note 2 = 63 (or 62, depending on how it rounds).

Like note position, velocity should always change towards the source groove. The strength determines how much of the way towards the source groove it changes.
Thanks for posting this. I will have a look at it soon.
fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #92
gofer
-blänk-

That'd be awesome, thanks

(As soon as the pre-release storm is over I am going to request mousewheel/MIDI CC counterparts for your incredible envelope point actions, so be warned , I never seem to get enough)
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #93
musicbynumbers

Default Resources window: Does not change channel amount when "applying" fx chain

First off, thanks Jeffos for the new resources window! been very useful so far.

Only thing I have found till now is if I load a fx chain that is say set to 6 channels on that track. The track doesn't auto change amount of channels when loading that chain from the resources "double click to apply" function.

It works from the normal way of getting chains in though. Don't know if you can get this working without cockos adding something?

Thanks!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #94
Mercado_Negro

Wow... I mean WOW!!!!!! Thanks a billion for this new and improved resources window.... man! this is brilliant...

*Merc breathes... calms down... and continues his post*

How the hell did I miss this since day one? Sigh...

Ok, now I'm calmed down and I tested it. I know I'm probably the only one bastard with 2818 FX chains in his resources folder, pretty insane, I know. I also know it needs some time to read them all but my main question is, before falling in love, is there a way to improve its speed? I mean, it takes like 10 or 15 seconds to write a letter in the filter, again, I know I have an insane amount of FX chains, but I'd love, I'd really love to use this a lot, what do you think guys, will you be able to improve this in the future?

*Merc crosses his fingers...

[EDIT] In general, it is very slow, show/hide window, filtering, etc., it even makes REAPER startup slow.

Last edited by Mercado_Negro; 01-24-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Mercado_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #95
Bevosss

Just checked the resources window out too Jeffos, the first thing I tried doesn't seem possible, any chance it could be added later please?

What I want: to add the items, and only the items, from a track template to the selected track, without changing anything else ie existing items, track names, track icons, fx etc.

Reason: I want to be able to add a one click sample to my recorded D.I. tracks, for aligning tracks after reamping. I leave a 2 bar gap at the start and insert it there.

Also, how do I add my existing track templates to the resources window? I set the auto-save path, but they don't show, does it have to be done manually some way?

(I can macro the above request another way I think, so no biggee, but I'd prefer it using your window if possible...cheers!)
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #96
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Also, how do I add my existing track templates to the resources window? I set the auto-save path, but they don't show, does it have to be done manually some way?

(I can macro the above request another way I think, so no biggee, but I'd prefer it using your window if possible...cheers!)
Did you try the right-click context menu right there in the resources window? It has an option to populate the list with your resource path content, it is "Auto fill (from resource path)"
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #97
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks for the feedback! I'm a bit busy + also have other v4 updates on the pile but I'll look at that soon.

One new feature of the Resources view I like is the "Auto-save" feature/button (top right of the view) => save a FX chain or a track template with a single click. Can someone let me know if it's okay on OSX too ? Thanks!

@mbn
I knew someone will raise that at some point. Should be doable..

@bevoss
for track templates vs items, the default behavior of the resource view is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Applying track templates preserves items:
- if there's no item present in an applied track template file, the current ones are preserved
- if some items are present in an applied track template file, those ones are used instead
.. but yes, track properties are always applied. Adding an option "Add iems only" to the "Dbl-click" dropdown doesn't cost much. Will do. About items, the next candidate for the resource view are "Item/take templates" (!) : smocky concept to get properties of an item and applying them to other items, for example.

@Mercado_Negro
2818 FX chains!! Well, that's easy to fix: I'm gonna bring back the 128 slots limit Nooo.. I know how to improve that, will look at that first, thanks for the report!
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #98
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
@Mercado_Negro
2818 FX chains!! Well, that's easy to fix: I'm gonna bring back the 128 slots limit Nooo.. I know how to improve that, will look at that first, thanks for the report!
Thanks for looking into it... may the force be with you
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #99
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Did you try the right-click context menu right there in the resources window? It has an option to populate the list with your resource path content, it is "Auto fill (from resource path)"
Thanks, worked a treat Mercado!

Cheers for considering that Jeffos!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #100
Jeffos
Mortal

I forgot! Due to some other discussions I've seen elsewhere about the Resource view, I want to say that the main point of it is not to compete the Media Explorer or the FX browser with another way of drag'n'droping things to the arrange but to provide "slot" actions (that can replace or paste Fx chain + import or apply track templates as bonuses). Btw, most of these actions were introduced before the view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Although it's part of the beta changelog some posts above, it's the 2nd time the "auto fill" wasn't seen.. I think I won't waste too much time on changelogs now (anyway, I admit I rarely read docs & changelogs myself..)

So, to easlily fill the resource view:
- the "auto fill" feature discussed above will insert all your FX chains and track templates that exist in the REAPER's default resource directories ("FXChains" and "TrackTemplates") and sub-directories.
- but, if you have files outside the default resource directory, you can also drag'n'drop a bunch of files from an explorer -> Resource view.

Quote:
Cheers for considering that Jeffos!
I have a car ride between my last post and this one (I don't why but I always have plenty of ideas when driving..). Bevosss!? what should happen when adding items from a track template to a track where some items are already present? Replace, add ? Both cases seem interesting, can't choose!
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #101
Bevosss

Quote:
Although it's part of the beta changelog some posts above, it's the 2nd time the "auto fill" wasn't seen.. I think I won't waste too much time on changelogs now (anyway, I admit I rarely read docs & changelogs myself..)
Haha, I think I thought that was related to auto-color, sorry! Please keep adding changelogs jeffos...

Quote:

I have a car ride between my last post and this one (I don't why but I always have plenty of ideas when driving..). Bevosss!? what should happen when adding items from a track template to a track where some items are already present? Replace, add ? Both cases seem interesting, can't choose!
For my reamping purpose, adding to the existing track. I Suppose both would be useful to someone...
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #102
Subz

am i the only one that would like both Resource windows open at the same time?

FX chains & track templates would be nice docked side by side

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #103
Joystick

Also don't forget the nice autorender (+more) exporting implementation:

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=3154

I can test as fast as you have something ready there...

Cheers!

:-)
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #104
Kundalinguist

Quote:
One new feature of the Resources view I like is the "Auto-save" feature/button (top right of the view) => save a FX chain or a track template with a single click. Can someone let me know if it's okay on OSX too ? Thanks!
Yes Jeffos, this is working in OSX Leo on my PPC. I selected the track, pressed auto save and it was then listed. I then selected an empty track and dbl clicked on the fx chain and it was applied.

Success. Great feature, btw. Awesome work.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #105
Bevosss

Tim, is it possible to change the order of snapshots? I haven't been able to work that one out either...or if not, could it be added at some stage? Cheers.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #106
rhythminmind

Running "SWS:Cut items/tracks/env, obeying time sel" during playback will cause playback to ignore "auto scroll"
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #107
sws
Code Monkey

Hey guys, just posted beta #5 here with many updates!

FNG Groove Tool Updates:
+Fixed applying strength to velocity groove quantize
+Added separate velocity strength control to Groove Tool (set to zero to disable either)
+Fixed refresh of groove list in Groove Tool when changing folders
+Remove zero length notes when modifying MIDI take state (bad things happen otherwise)
+Code cleanup and performance improvements for MIDI take state reading and writing
+Added "FNG: Groove Tool..." to the Extensions menu
+Removed menu bar and moved applicable items to the context menu
+Removed "passthrough" action/keyboard section workaround

S&M updates:
+Resources view:
- Performance improvments: REAPER start-up & shutdown, show/hide, auto fill, all editions features, filtering, etc.
- Track templates: added "Paste items to sel. tracks" and "Replace items of sel. tracks" as customizable double-click behaviours
- Track templates: added toggle popup menu item "Save track templates with items" (so that track templates can be auto-saved w/ or w/o items)
+Notes/help view:
- Project notes: now displays the related RPP filename
- Project notes: initialize S&M project notes with REAPER's ones when possible (i.e. when S&M ones don't exist but REAPER's ones exist)
Reminder: due to an API limitation, for the moment the "project notes" displayed in the Notes/help view are different from REAPER's one
+Other:
- Performance improvments for all cue buss & routing actions
- Fixed corner case Cue buss crash
- GUI tweaks

Fixed bug that "silently" deleted items in SWS lists while renaming (Thanks, Bevosss)
4 new actions: "SWS: Set all takes to next/prev mono/stereo channel mode"

=====

That's all for now, coming this weekend is the first release with Shane's AutoRender ported to extensions!

Take care,
Tim
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #108
Mercado_Negro

Excellent! Thanks for speeding up the resources window, it's much better now!

Cheers
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #109
Bevosss

Quote:

- Track templates: added "Paste items to sel. tracks" and "Replace items of sel. tracks" as customizable double-click behaviours
- Track templates: added toggle popup menu item "Save track templates with items" (so that track templates can be auto-saved w/ or w/o items)
+Notes/help view:
Sounds great, will test!

Quote:
Just what I needed also! I already have the stock ones mapped to switch from D.I. to amp, was just wondering what to do about multi-take items when I saw this.

It's like you're reading my mind man...

Quote:
That's all for now, coming this weekend is the first release with Shane's AutoRender ported to extensions!
Ahh, the fun never stops...timely release too Tim, a bit slow on the alpha front today...cheers!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #110
Juca

Thank you for the improvements.
Nice work.
Greetings.
Juca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #111
Jae.Thomas

do we have an action that opens an explorer window to the templates dir, and lets you pick a template there, and applies it to the track?
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #112
gwok

hey can you guys maybe\possibly include some copy track group features?

would really appreciate it if it's possible

tx
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #113
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
FYI I've already found some bugs with this, it'll be better in #6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
hey can you guys maybe\possibly include some copy track group features?
Probably, could you please enter an FR in our tracker? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #114
Bevosss

Tim, I just wanted to ask if you could keep the Track List in your extension, even after R4 is released, because I'm finding it much faster to use your track list just for filtering, in addition to using the new Track Manager for snapshots etc. I have them side by side tabs in a split docker with the snapshots window below, and it's real handy to have both...saves me making many snapshots when I can have a live filter ready to enable/disable with a single click. I hope you will consider this, cheers!

(I know you probably want to deprecate a lot of superseded stuff, but there's still life in this one methinks.)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #115
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Tim, I just wanted to ask if you could keep the Track List in your extension...
Yeah, of course, I wasn't planning on deleting that one. I was more thinking about removing actions that are now straight-up duplicates.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #116
Subz

Quote:
FNG Groove Tool Updates:

+Removed "passthrough" action/keyboard section workaround

Oh Well

at least i have this

Quote:
FNG Groove Tool Updates:
+Fixed applying strength to velocity groove quantize
+Added separate velocity strength control to Groove Tool (set to zero to disable either)
+Fixed refresh of groove list in Groove Tool when changing folders
+Remove zero length notes when modifying MIDI take state (bad things happen otherwise)
+Code cleanup and performance improvements for MIDI take state reading and writing
+Added "FNG: Groove Tool..." to the Extensions menu
+Removed menu bar and moved applicable items to the context menu

S&M updates:
+Resources view:
- Performance improvments: REAPER start-up & shutdown, show/hide, auto fill, all editions features, filtering, etc.
+Notes/help view:
- Project notes: now displays the related RPP filename
- Project notes: initialize S&M project notes with REAPER's ones when possible (i.e. when S&M ones don't exist but REAPER's ones exist)
Reminder: due to an API limitation, for the moment the "project notes" displayed in the Notes/help view are different from REAPER's one
+Other:
- Performance improvments for all cue buss & routing actions
- Fixed corner case Cue buss crash
- GUI tweaks

Fixed bug that "silently" deleted items in SWS lists while renaming (Thanks, Bevosss)
Velocity groove is working well!!

would be really useful to hay active/bypass check box's on the velocity & Position Amounts so you could quickly bypass one of them,

personally i will be using a set of Position Grooves & velocity grooves separate much of the time,

a way to retrieve/applying velocity/volume % offset when getting/applying a groove from/to a rex/sliced audio file would be Nice! (but i guess thats not going to be easy to do?)

Subz

Last edited by Subz; 01-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #117
lawrs

Does anyone have any idea on how to create a custom macro that:

1. Moves edit cursor to next marker/region

2. Selects time selection if it's a region marker

3. Select item within in time selection

I do a lot of voice over editing, and I usually mark the mistakes down during recording with region markers.

I want to create a macro that goes to next marker, and selects the region markers in time selection, else, if it's just a normal marker, no time selection.

Any ideas? SWS ? Tim ? Any help would be much appreciated.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #118
gwok

Quote:

Probably, could you please enter an FR in our tracker? Thanks.
awesome thanks - oh ya, can you ease my mind, are you planning on ditching snapshots?
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #119
Bevosss

Great, thanks Tim! Btw did you see my earlier question regarding re-ordering snapshots?

Quote:
Tim, is it possible to change the order of snapshots? I haven't been able to work that one out either...or if not, could it be added at some stage? Cheers.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #120
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrs View Post
Does anyone have any idea on how to create a custom macro that:

1. Moves edit cursor to next marker/region

2. Selects time selection if it's a region marker

3. Select item within in time selection

I do a lot of voice over editing, and I usually mark the mistakes down during recording with region markers.

I want to create a macro that goes to next marker, and selects the region markers in time selection, else, if it's just a normal marker, no time selection.

Any ideas? SWS ? Tim ? Any help would be much appreciated.
yep an easy one:

sws: select next region
item: select all items on selected track in current time selection

edit: wait, that's an 'if' thingy...you may need an AdamWathan script for determining between markers and regions...the above one works manually though.

or, just ask Tim...