Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Nagual
Human being with feelings

Default Need some Instalation help

WOw!! I found some real great stuff on this thread. My question is how do I get them into Reaper so I can actually use em. I've tried to download several things into my program, the reaper logo comes up like it's ready to install but then I get an error message and won't accept the file. I've tried unzipping the files and copying them into the insert area but still no luck. Is there just a simple setting I need to change in reaper to accept these zip file downloads. Thanks
Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Alistair S

Hi again,

I'm utterly confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you downloading VSTs linked from the VST thread?

If so, all you need to do is to unzip them into a folder (most people use a folder named "VST plugins") and tell Reaper in the preferences menu where you put them.

They can then be loaded onto tracks by pressing the FX button on the track you want them on.

This thread covers it too .. http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3553

Or are you trying to do something else?
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Nagual

yes that's what I'm trying to do. I posted this in the wrong place, sorry. I'll give it a try. Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
Nagual

okay I made the folder, opened the files and put them in the folder with reaper. Went thru the pocedure with preferences and actually got an effect into it and it was usable. (cool) but.. Then I tried to add another and got that in also but the first one was then missing. I tried this several times but every time I add a new one the last one disappears from reaper. How do I get them to stay put. Also reaper doesn't seem to be scanning the folder for these when it loads. Thanks as always for any help.