Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #1
psingman
Human being with feelings

Default Help needed in 2 areas, one on copy not showing up and one on sending to reverb?

HI, I have to ask your help in a couple of places. I copied and pasted a vocal track to the track below it, but one of them is not showing up on the master sheets area or in/out graph, noticed that one other time. So, how do I find it, can hear it but can't see it documented.

The other is I want to send the 2 voice tracks to a reverb like Wave Arts or Waves. I just can't get the hang of it, or figure it out. I am sure everyone who had gotten involved with send/receive can assist me. Please best way to set track up, i.e. how to send it to the dx plugin, OK? I don't want to use it as an effect, thanks, psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psingman View Post
one of them is not showing up on the master sheets area or in/out graph, noticed that one other time. So, how do I find it, can hear it but can't see it documented.
I'm not certain what you're asking here, do you mean on the "Routing Matrix" and "Navigator" windows? Admittedly, I don't use either all that much, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Quote:
The other is I want to send the 2 voice tracks to a reverb like Wave Arts or Waves.
The easiest way (to me) is to insert a track and name it "Reverb" (or what have you), insert your plugin on the track. Then hilight the two vocal tracks you wish to send to the reverb and right click on the I/O button. Navigate to the "Sends" menu, and then to the "Reverb" track you just created. Since you had multiple tracks hilighted, it will send each of the hilighted tracks to the Reverb track. Done!

Once your sends are set up, you can click on the I/O button and adjust you levels, pan, pre/post settings, etc.

Hope this helped.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
psingman

Thanks, tromboning one, but what I am asking is, how do you insert it on a track. I mean I see the way to do it in the manual, you know the AUX 1 way. So, you can call it anything, is it in the effects chain or where. I know this might seem simple to some, but often it is these little setups, like, oh yeah, you have to open the FX area. Thanks, hope you or someone can pipe in, hehe, congrats, on one year up and running, DR
Old 11-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
PapaRomeo

OK, I think I understand the question -- you just want to know how to add an effect or other plug-in to a single track.

Here's the link to the relevant manual page:
http://documentwrite.com/reaper/add_plug_in_fx.htm (this page has pictures that should make this a piece of cake!)

"To add an audio plug-in to the FX chain:

1. Open the FX chain for any track by clicking on the "FX" button button in the Mixer or Track Control Panel.
The FX chain contains no FX when opened for the first time.

2. Open the Add new FX window by selecting FX > Add FX (A), or by clicking on the Add button.

3. Select the plug-in from the list then click OK.
The selected plug-in will be added to the FX chain for the Track. Add extra plug-ins to the chain by repeating the process."

Take a minute and watch this video, too...
http://www.reaper.fm/~pipeline/REAPE...ckFX_Chain.wmv

Good Luck, and happy Reaping!
PR
PapaRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Gerry G

Default Also make sure prefs are set up

for VST prefs make sure that you have reaper scanning the folder where your VSTs are kept. You can add multiple folders. Just hit the 'add' button and navigate to the folder where the effects you want are located on your system. Then hit the scan button and reaper will register those VST's. After that you can select the VSTs you want in the way set out above.
Gerry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
fluffy

Quote:
Thanks, tromboning one, but what I am asking is, how do you insert it on a track.
Oops, sorry I misunderstood. Looks like you've been answered though.

And, as PapRomeo pointed out, Pipelineaudio's tuorials are an excellent reference for getting going in Reaper. Definitely check them out when you get a chance.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
psingman

Well, no one is answering my questions correctly in this forum. I had the same problem a few years ago with rec.audio.pro. I asked but what I am needing is probably beyond what I know about recording on a DAW right now. I am having lots of problems with Reaper. It is moving my tracks around, etc. I will start another mini thread to see if perhaps a roundabout rendering can be administered.

The copy is not showing up in the matrix....and another real beef is, the copy seems to be taking on the characteristics of what I do to the original above it. Other programs don't do that. There is something I am not doing correctly in the moving around in Reaper and I think if you could sit behind me and observe, you would see where Reaper is taking liberties. You have probably all been through this little phase or were experienced enough to work your way through its passage, thanks for assisting, psingman
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #8
TerryW

You could use the Consolidate function in Filemenu from a simple project (not too many files), and post it somewhere, so whe can analyze your routings (use wavpack).
It's really not difficult to use sends etc.
I have setup a default empty songfile that i load at scratch, with all major settings/plugins, and two FX channels one with Waves L3 limiter and one for a Reverb, i now can also master right away in Reaper without use further software.

Regards Terry.
TerryW is offline   Reply With Quote