Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
nicholas
Scribe

Default 15% off printed User Guide until July 17 EXPIRED

Just letting anybody who might be interested know that LULU are giving 15% off all printed books sales until July 17.

The full undiscounted price will be shown on the page where you click Add to Cart. At checkout you will be able to enter the case sensitive code PUBLISH15 to secure your discount.

Follow the link in my signature if interested.

Last edited by nicholas; 07-18-2020 at 02:29 AM.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

This offer has now been extended to July 17
Old 07-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
Appalachik
Human being with feelings

Default LULU Discount NOT working

I have been totally frustrated by this... no way can you access the advertised discount, it is therefore a con. I put in the code, well in time, and mindful that it is case sensitive, and it simply tells you repeatedly to input a valid code!

Stuff like this just sours you to things, I think it would be a good time to find a platform that can actually deliver on their promise, instead of irritating the purchaser, providing NO means of contact to report the problem, thus reducing income to the author, and taking sone shine off of Reaper by association.

It also reflects on me as I teach Reaper to people who love to make music, but their lives are too busy to put the time in to learn Reaper, yet the easy DAWs are too limiting... either in capabilities, or platform choice.

In addition, if you are, like me, in the UK, then LULU take a month to even get the product to you (one of my student just finally received a copy). Whilst these problems persist, and until a better printing company are used, I can no longer keep recommending this purchase ti my students.

Please find a printer who are based on more than one continent, and who deliver on their offers.

Last edited by Appalachik; 07-17-2020 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Attach file
Appalachik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
nicholas
Scribe

Thanks for your information.

I'm truly sorry that you have had this experience. I will raise this matter with LULU. If you did end up placing an order, please PM me with the order number.

This doesn't help you I know but happily for them others have assured me this has not been their experience, although since the arrival of the pandemic mail delivery times have been badly affected worldwide.

I do understand your frustration with LULU and believe me I have examined numerous potential sources, but none that I have found have offered the flexibility that is needed for this publication, e.g.:

- Spiral binding
- Ability to update content frequently
- On demand printing practically anywhere in the world.

That said, if you're able to recommend an alternative, please PM me the details and I'll investigate it.

Thanks again.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/glazfolk

Last edited by nicholas; 07-17-2020 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:05 AM   #5
Appalachik

Default Thnaks

Thanks so much for such a quick and thorough reply. I wish I had an alternative that I could honestly say was better and have been actively looking to get published myself for the last 10 weeks (not on The subject of Reaper)!

I have been a Reaper user for a dozen years, and just repurchased because I couldn’t remember the last time I sent money... And a testament to Reaper is that in something like 8 years, I have hardly ever needed to post here.

I have earlier books (and seem to remember getting from Amazon at one time too). I have just recommended both my student groups to buy this version, and thought therefore I should get an update for reference... and knowing we get caned on international postage, I was thinking the 15% off deal would be worthwhile.

I’ve calmed down a bit now, but I expect a load of flak of my students on Monday - 2 have already emailed me to say they had the same experience trying to check out. I did file a report with Lulu myself but no reply as yet...

Perhaps they will honour the deal, in which case, they will get orders for a few more copies...

Thanks again,

Jenna
Appalachik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:17 AM   #6
nicholas
Scribe

Jenna -

Please check your Private Messages
Old 07-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #7
Doc Brown

Shoot. Just missed it. I ordered it anyway.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote