Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
percy main
Human being with feelings

Default JS and REA plugins missing in Reaper v6.13/x64

Hi
I installed windows 10 and Reaper v6.13/x64 and found that a a lot of JS and Rea plugins missing from my projects.
I attempted to follow this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIhrxeE3kK0

But the FX folder did not exist in "show reaper resource path in explorer."
I think things may have change since the video was made.

How do I go about installing the JS and REA plugins which were available in earlier versions?
Such as JS/LOSER/gmem and gmemsend, JS:Utility/Limiter and all the others
percy main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
domzy

maybe you had the "optional functionality / JS fx library" option unticked when you installed?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
percy main

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
maybe you had the "optional functionality / JS fx library" option unticked when you installed?
No that option was ticked
I downloaded a legacy version from 2018 and the Js plugins I am missing were not available, yet I know the were available at the time.
It's the JS:LOSER ones that are missing amongst a few others.
I have found a couple of them, such as gmeme receive and return.
Maybe the people at reaper have whittled down the FX plugins for some reason.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy main View Post
How do I go about installing the JS and REA plugins which were available in earlier versions?
If you would still have your old exported configuration files saved somewhere, you could copy them from there.

But you can also download an old Reaper version and install it portable *), so it won't touch your regular Reaper install. Then grab the missing pieces from the fx folder of the older version.

If you only miss the loser gmem Send and Receive fx, they were still in Reaper 4.78, available here.

---
*) Portable installs were not possible in the beginning, I don't remember with what version it became available.

Last edited by xpander; 09-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:23 AM   #5
percy main

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
If you would still have your old exported configuration files saved somewhere, you could copy them from there.

But you can also download an old Reaper version and install it portable *), so it won't touch your regular Reaper install. Then grab the missing pieces from the fx folder of the older version.

If you only miss the loser gmem Send and Receive fx, they were still in Reaper 4.78, available here.

---
*) Portable installs were not possible in the beginning, I don't remember with what version it became available.
Thank you - found the missing FXs
Old 09-26-2020, 11:30 PM   #6
ivansc

Be nice if you explained what had happened in case someone else comes along with the same problem...

Glad you sorted it out though.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:35 AM   #7
ahanysz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Be nice if you explained what had happened in case someone else comes along with the same problem...
And indeed I had the same problem, and this page ranks quite high in the search results. So I'll write down what I found.

My best guess is that gmem Send and Receive were removed for safety. Adding gmem Receive followed by gmem Send to the same track is a quick way of making some surprisingly loud sounds. You probably want to add a limiter before you add the Send.

If you want to take the risk, you can find the plugins at https://github.com/Samelot/Reaper/tr.../Effects/LOSER Just download the raw files and drop them into your Reaper effects folder.

There's an interesting example of using them at https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...1363&start=255 for Andreya_Autumn's track.
ahanysz is offline   Reply With Quote