Old 09-20-2019, 05:13 AM   #1
DKDiveDude
Human being with feelings

Default Escape New York - Main Theme

I was 17 when Escape from New York came out and it is still one of my favorites and the electronic score had a lot to do with that.

Here is my EDM version of the main theme - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS06EkvRctE

Last edited by DKDiveDude; 09-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.
DKDiveDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #2
nait

Love John Carpenter's music... love "Retrowave" / "Synthwave" / etc., in general, which is probably how I'd classify this song. Fairly true to the original, just a bit more modernized, so I like it.

Escape From New York is a great flick!
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
nait

One question for you.. I saw in your YouTube channel that you used Synthmaster VST for everything. Just wondering if that's Synthmaster One or just Synthmaster?

I'm always looking for new VSTis to demo out and buy if I like. But I am a little confused on the differences between the two versions. Synthmaster One is 4x the price, but then some people seem to say regular Synthmaster is the better of the two.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
DKDiveDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstooch View Post
One question for you.. I saw in your YouTube channel that you used Synthmaster VST for everything. Just wondering if that's Synthmaster One or just Synthmaster?

I'm always looking for new VSTis to demo out and buy if I like. But I am a little confused on the differences between the two versions. Synthmaster One is 4x the price, but then some people seem to say regular Synthmaster is the better of the two.
If I am not to drunk when writing descriptions, whenever I just say "SynthMaster" I mean the original SynthMaster, and vice-versa with "SynthMaster One".

I first bought Synthmaster some years ago, and not long after they then sent me an offer for SynthMaster One at a much reduced price, so I bought that too. You can do a LOT more with Synthmaster, to the point of it being quite complicated.

Synthmaster One may only seem more expensive because the original Synthmaster is frequently on sale. Right now however Synthmaster is $99, and Synthmaster One is $79, and special for both is only $129!

Both are great and on my top 10 list of currently owned VSTi's.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDiveDude View Post
If I am not to drunk when writing descriptions, whenever I just say "SynthMaster" I mean the original SynthMaster, and vice-versa with "SynthMaster One".

I first bought Synthmaster some years ago, and not long after they then sent me an offer for SynthMaster One at a much reduced price, so I bought that too. You can do a LOT more with Synthmaster, to the point of it being quite complicated.

Synthmaster One may only seem more expensive because the original Synthmaster is frequently on sale. Right now however Synthmaster is $99, and Synthmaster One is $79, and special for both is only $129!

Both are great and on my top 10 list of currently owned VSTi's.
Oh, I didn't realize Synthmaster One was also on sale for that cheap. Thought I saw it for $300-something, and noted that Synthmaster was only $99. I will have to check this out quick then, while it's on sale. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
TheMaartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstooch View Post
Oh, I didn't realize Synthmaster One was also on sale for that cheap. Thought I saw it for $300-something, and noted that Synthmaster was only $99. I will have to check this out quick then, while it's on sale. Thanks!
Unless you're creating new sounds/presets, I'd suggest trying SynthMaster Player first. It's US$29, and there are a ton of presets available for it. It's similar to Analog Lab in the sense that up to 8 controls, plus 2 x-y pads, are available for each preset.

https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterplayer.aspx
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #7
Dimaension X

There's a great YouTube short documentary video with Alan Howarth on how he worked with John Carpenter to score this movie. I highly recommend it if you're into Retrowave music.

https://youtu.be/NBw4OXM6ad4
Dimaension X is offline   Reply With Quote