Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
ronaldobf
Human being with feelings

Default eDrums - Double trigger notes issue - How to filter?

Hi guys.

I have a edrums and I am using reaper with EZdrummer2.
The bass drum is generating double, sometimes triple notes. This is because the mesh head is bounce.
My drums module is limited so I don't have resources to treat it before the note leaves the module, like manipulating the masking time or re-trigger cancel. I will have to do it in the reaper itself.

I found a JS midi note filter. I heard about filtering based on velocity. Tried that on the specific midi note (C1 - bass), but I am not sure if I did it correctly as it had no effect. The intensity is almost the same for the duplicated one, and when there is a 3rd one, it is lower. So velocity will probably not help.

My main idea would be filtering the same note within the next 30ms after the first note was played, or something on that direction, that I can manipulate the time and which notes.
Something similar to mask time, but anything is welcome.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Ronaldo B.
ronaldobf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
ronaldobf

It seems that I found the script that I was looking for, but so far, no luck in getting it working.

It is called MIDI_AntiFlam.

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/19119/MIDI_AntiFlam.zip

This is the topic, for reference:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....note+midi+time

I am now probably struglling with the instrument (midi / my module / EZdrummer2) and the AntiFlam in terms of how they interact. Possibly I am puting them in the wrong places as it has no effect.

Cheers

Ronaldo B.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
dangguidan

Generally speaking, edrums has adjustment options to prevent double tone triggering.
Another problem may be that when you play the bass drum, the drum hammer is attached to the drum skin. If the drum hammer leaves the drum skin after stepping on it, this problem will be avoided, but this habit is not easy to change, haha!
The last remedy is to delete the kick pitch, which is very close to the time interval. This principle is actually the same as the first one.
Or you can upload MIDI to see what's going on.
dangguidan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
ronaldobf

Yep. The problem is that mine is a cheap module with none but sensitivity adjustments only (Roland TD1).

However...

It is working fine now.

I think I got it. I need to reckon that I was stupid hehe...
My problem was that it was applying the time based filter in all the notes even when selecting the specific channel and specific note under the Param button.
I was doing it wrong.
I didn't realize that the scroll bars are actually the notes (main panel) so it was just a matter to put the min and max notes in the 36 (note 36) and channel 10. Left the delay with 140ms. On a later time I will start from 30ms and I will keep testing until I don't hear the double/ghost notes.

The section Newbieland serves me.

Thanks

Cheers