Old 09-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Larry Kriz
Human being with feelings

Default Selecting all markers

KG's video (#19) on Markers and Regions

At 6:48 he demonstrates how to select all markers by double-clicking on the timeline (which creates a range the entire length of the project), and then selecting menu option remove all markers. In my case, the range is only between two adjacent markers, not the entire project. No larger range is created. What could I be doing wrong? I can manually create a range with my mouse by dragging along the timeline, but double-clicking only creates a range between two adjacent markers.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Larry Kriz; 09-03-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Larry Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:02 AM   #2
solger

Looks like it depends on which area in the Ruler the double-click is done.

In the video he clicks on one of the darker grey colored ruler areas which selects the entire range.
Clicking on one of the lighter grey colored ruler areas (the lane with the markers or the ruler units) only selects the area between the two markers.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:39 AM   #3
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Looks like it depends on which area in the Ruler the double-click is done.

In the video he clicks on one of the darker grey colored ruler areas which selects the entire range.
Clicking on one of the lighter grey colored ruler areas (the lane with the markers or the ruler units) only selects the area between the two markers.
Yeah I tried clicking all over the place. There might have been an update along the way that changed that behavior. In Samplitude, all you have to do is right-click anywhere on the time line and an option to remove all markers is there (a more sensible approach).

Granted, this "feature" probably has limited usefulness for most people, but I use it from time to time. The simple work-around is to manually create a "range" the length of all the markers and then delete. In retrospect, I rarely use more than a couple markers per project so it's not a big deal.

Last edited by Larry Kriz; 09-04-2019 at 04:50 AM.
Larry Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
solger

You might try if using different Preferences > Mouse Modifiers for [Ruler] [double click] makes any difference. Seems to work, for instance, with the 'Set time selection .. ' and 'Set loop points ..' Behaviors.
Not sure though if it might perhaps also be Theme dependent (or if the ruler section has always different click areas like in the Default Theme).

In case you don't already know it, other possible options for selecting & removing Markers are via View > Region/Marker Manager or Extensions > Marker Utilities > Marker List (the second one is part of the SWS Extensions).

Last edited by solger; 09-04-2019 at 10:31 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
You might try if using different Preferences > Mouse Modifiers for [Ruler] [double click] makes any difference. Seems to work, for instance, with the 'Set time selection .. ' and 'Set loop points ..' Behaviors.
Not sure though if it might perhaps also be Theme dependent (or if the ruler section has always different click areas like in the Default Theme).

In case you don't already know it, other possible options for selecting & removing Markers are via View > Region/Marker Manager or Extensions > Marker Utilities > Marker List (the second one is part of the SWS Extensions).
Excellent thanks solger!