Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #241
tombuur
Human being with feelings

[QUOTE]=Funkybot;707956]Here are some of mine:

Easiest Feature To Add:
MIDI Editor: Only show selected note velocities in lane.

Explanation: This is great for quickly adjusting the velocities on drum parts. Highlight the note for hat or ride and adjust only the velocities on those notes with a single click and drag.
[QUOTE]

+1

This id how it works in Cubase. I can hardly live without this for drum editing.
Reaper 5, latest release, 64-bit w SWS |GA Z270 UD5|Intel i7 K7700|32 GB RAM|Fireface 800|500GB SSD sys, 1TB SSD Rec, 4TB HDD samples|Win 10 64bit|Dynaudio BM6A|Softube Console 1|Sonnox|Waves|Melda|Superior 3|Komplete 12U|Melodyne|Slate|Izotope.

Last edited by tombuur; 03-22-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Hard to explain
tombuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #242
Evgeny Bardyuzha

When the new alpha is delaying, the fantasy level is rising

As for me , I'd beter prefer to get the 4.0 as soon as possible with all the bugs fixed and no more features added.

And then will still wait for some great addings in 4.1, 4.15 and so on.
I'm getting tired of waiting.
Evgeny Bardyuzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #243
musicbynumbers

Default good news!

We have the option now to make it so only the velocity of the selected notes is affected I think it's either in options of the midi editor or as a mouse modifier.

We can't yet hide the velocities of un-selected notes though

[QUOTE=tombuur;708301][QUOTE]=Funkybot;707956]Here are some of mine:

Easiest Feature To Add:

Explanation: This is great for quickly adjusting the velocities on drum parts. Highlight the note for hat or ride and adjust only the velocities on those notes with a single click and drag.
Quote:

+1

This id how it works in Cubase. I can hardly live without this for drum editing.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #244
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
We have the option now to make it so only the velocity of the selected notes is affected I think it's either in options of the midi editor or as a mouse modifier.

We can't yet hide the velocities of un-selected notes though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Here are some of mine:

Easiest Feature To Add:
I believe your right about the key command (I think it's shift+alt or something) but it's still not ideal as it becomes hard to see the velocity of individual notes.

And Tombuur's right: when it comes to drum editing, this makes things so much easier.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #245
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I believe your right about the key command (I think it's shift+alt or something) but it's still not ideal as it becomes hard to see the velocity of individual notes.

And Tombuur's right: when it comes to drum editing, this makes things so much easier.
I don't understand this comment. Selected note's velocity bars are drawn in the foreground, so they are very easy to see. If you mean it's hard to see the unselected velocities in relation, that's true when we're talking notes on the same point in time (hard quantized). But if you hide them as you requested, you can't see them at all, so your request doesn't bring any advantage in that regard.
I must be misunderstanding something.

Btw, "Mouse sweeps affect only selected velocity/CC" is nothing new for v4. It's in 3.x as well. The difference is that now it's part of mouse modifiers, while in 3.x it was in Preferences -> Media -> MIDI.

Last edited by gofer; 03-23-2011 at 01:57 AM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #246
Subz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Btw, "Mouse sweeps affect only selected velocity/CC" is nothing new for v4. It's in 3.x as well. The difference is that now it's part of mouse modifiers, while in 3.x it was in Preferences -> Media -> MIDI.
i know i had this working in my R3 setup!!

but i have nothing against a added option in the ME to hide velocity's of unselected notes

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:11 AM   #247
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
I don't understand this comment. Selected note's velocity bars are drawn in the foreground, so they are very easy to see. If you mean it's hard to see the unselected velocities in relation, that's true when we're talking notes on the same point in time (hard quantized). But if you hide them as you requested, you can't see them at all, so your request doesn't bring any advantage in that regard.
I must be misunderstanding something.
It's easier to see what's going on, and easier to process when they're the only things you see (you got rid of the clutter). Having them the only visible note velocities should also negate the need for the key modifier, which means the odds of accidentally changing the velocity on the wrong note would be greatly reduced.

This one is all about cleaning things up, to make a task easier to perform, and visually to make it easier for my brain to process. And again, it's not like Reaper is far off in terms of current functionality, this would be a small tweak to the MIDI editor that would just help clean things up.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #248
gofer
-blänk-

Though I probably wouldn't use that option, I certainly don't vote against it.

There is no need for a modifier in the current implementation either. If you had it set to only edit selected velocities/CC bars in v3.x it is assigned to simple drag (without modifier) in v4 (at least that's what is supposed to happen).
That worked fine here. Simple drag affects only selected events in velocity and CC lanes for me and I didn't need to change it.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #249
Soundpad

Default Midi quantize velocity

Newbie here, thanks for everyone's hard work - hope i have not missed it somewhere in the posts but R4 needs to be able to quantize midi velocity , useful for calming down midi drum info where the beats are too random, same with piano, percussion etc -

reaper sounds fantastic.. that's the main thing.
Soundpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #250
mpoirier

I sincerely wish Reaper does not become as bloated as the "other" DAWs out there with esoteric features only useful to a very small minority...

Still, there is "still" missing a way to set the default folders for Templates, Presets, MenuSets, and other User data.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #251
BeastMode

When a Vsti Plugin window is open, disable all Reaper functionality until the plugin window is closed.

more of a bug, sorry.
BeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #252
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Bardyuzha View Post
When the new alpha is delaying, the fantasy level is rising

As for me , I'd beter prefer to get the 4.0 as soon as possible with all the bugs fixed and no more features added.

And then will still wait for some great addings in 4.1, 4.15 and so on.
I'm getting tired of waiting.
What a complete asshat attitude
Instead of moaning about waiting , hows about you install the alpha and help everybody here find the bugs
Bitching like a little kid about being tired waiting in the pre forum is about as useful as a condom with fifteen holes.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #253
drew
Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
When a Vsti Plugin window is open, disable all Reaper functionality until the plugin window is closed.

more of a bug, sorry.
Hi there.. could you explain what you mean by that? Are you saying you feel it is a bug that REAPER functionality continues while a VSTi plugin is open? It certainly isn't.

Or are you asking for a way to be able to make REAPER deny you functionality whenever a plugin window is open? If that's the case what is the benefit of that over you just avoiding manually calling any other functions?

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #254
moonfiremusic

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=77642
moonfiremusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #255
Plant

Eye candy and ergonomic plugins interface. Something like this: http://img490.**************/img490/4...eacomp2xh5.jpg
Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #256
Rellik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant View Post
Eye candy and ergonomic plugins interface. Something like this: http://img490.**************/img490/4...eacomp2xh5.jpg
What the hell is going on in this interface... so many shapes. What can I click? It's like twice the size, with no extra clarity benefit! The wet and dry are completely separated, I have no idea where to click to adjust those curved high/low-pass sliders, and the circular gain reduction meter is too huge to see what's going on. And why in God's name are those parameter names written vertically when there's plenty of space!

That said, it's pretty cool looking as like a spaceship UI or something :P. But ReaComp's interface is already both more friendly and more functional than this...
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #257
moonfiremusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
What the hell is going on in this interface... so many shapes. What can I click? It's like twice the size, with no extra clarity benefit! The wet and dry are completely separated, I have no idea where to click to adjust those curved high/low-pass sliders, and the circular gain reduction meter is too huge to see what's going on. And why in God's name are those parameter names written vertically when there's plenty of space!

That said, it's pretty cool looking as like a spaceship UI or something :P. But ReaComp's interface is already both more friendly and more functional than this...
I don't like that interface, but I agree that a DAW's plugins must fit in.
But it's not a crucial to-do, it can be done in future updates to v4
moonfiremusic is offline   Reply With Quote