Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-10-2023, 04:21 AM   #481
indierock84
Human being with feelings

Default newbie needs help

i don't even see ReaKontrol in the reapack. never used extensions before. Is there a newer kontrol version or something else for integration with NI KompleteKontrol midi keyboard?
i need instructions if anyone is willing because i can't find the mac extension to place in userplugins
thanks
indierock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:50 PM   #482
Ren4issance

I want to say thanks to all of you for creating this =).

I was trying to follow step by step the instructions found on GitHub.

And apart from learning what's the shortcut for the tilde on MacOs and learning to navigate the Terminal, thanks to ChatGPT, I was getting nowhere (path to Cmake was not found , even after some tinkering).

But I found the Binary for ARM based Macs in the thread !

For those of you like me I'm gonna repost it here (cause I lost quite some time on this : https://stash.reaper.fm/v/47019/reaK...4-binaries.zip).

Is there anyway I can tip you brummbrum ?
Ren4issance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #483
dbrozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren4issance View Post
I want to say thanks to all of you for creating this =).

I was trying to follow step by step the instructions found on GitHub.

And apart from learning what's the shortcut for the tilde on MacOs and learning to navigate the Terminal, thanks to ChatGPT, I was getting nowhere (path to Cmake was not found , even after some tinkering).

But I found the Binary for ARM based Macs in the thread !

For those of you like me I'm gonna repost it here (cause I lost quite some time on this : https://stash.reaper.fm/v/47019/reaK...4-binaries.zip).

Is there anyway I can tip you brummbrum ?
I just came in here to ask if there was any luck with other users and MacOS getting this to work properly.. Is that link the lucky ticket?

Last time I tried, I had Reaper crashing and my A61 was being very glitchy/not working as intended. If I could get it to work properly in tandem with my other gear, that would be amazing.

Got to love NI - back when they released S61, Reaper integration was on their promise list for future updates. Abandoned and completely ignored.. quality company, lol.
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 03:12 PM   #484
7enz

i was wondering if anyone has made a video... showing what this Komplete kontrol MK2 script can do... as far as additional benefits over the already existing NI default...

i have not come across any videos on youtube... highlighting the benefits of this script/extension... in a reaper context albeit a reaper/maschine context or any other context the script/extension will allow for

i got the impression there was some additional integration with realearn being used as well.. but unsure of how far this goes

would love to see or at least understand what value this script/extension adds to the komplete kontrol mk2 intergration within reaper
cheeRs

Last edited by 7enz; 11-21-2023 at 03:43 PM.
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 06:40 PM   #485
EarBud

Default Does ReaKontrol Need An Update?

Hello,

Komplete Kontrol users (like me) are dazed and confused after finding that updating to Version 3 does not work in Reaper. Native Instruments doesn't seem to know what's going on, so I'm wondering whether an update to ReaKontrol could solve the problem. I don't know, but lots of people have spent big money on Komplete keyboards and software and would really appreciate a solution.

Thanks.
EarBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:53 PM   #486
brummbear

Are you talking about the MK3 keyboard or the Komplete Kontrol Software? I have not updated the SW yet after warning signs. Unfortunately NI product management for the Komplete Kontrol series also ignored a question about changes to the protocol which I raised in the “ask me anything” thread of the NI forum when they launched the MK3.
I should add that NI has ignored Reaper for both the MK1 and MK2 series which is what made me work on this plugin in the first place. Supposedly they will add “official” support for Reaper at some point, but I would not count on it. I don’t have the time to code much in the foreseeable future and therefore will stay put until I am forced to update the code (either if my current MK2 keyboard breaks and there are no spare parts (I prefer the MK2 over the MK3!) or if I have to update the KK software).

Last edited by brummbear; 12-02-2023 at 11:03 PM.
brummbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:55 AM   #487
EarBud

Hello Brummbear,

I was talking about the software, although compatibility of the new keyboards with Reaper also remains in question. I am currently using the S61 Mk2 keyboard.

Everything was working fine with Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1.0 but when I updated to 3.0.3.0 I could no longer load an instance of KK into a Reaper FX window without Reaper crashing. I think rolling back to Komplete Kontrol v.2 would allow me to keep working, but it doesn't feel like a very permanent solution, especially since I have the S88 Mk3 keyboard on order.

There are Reaper users over on the NI forum who are having the same problem, and they have submitted tickets, but the only solutions coming back from NI didn't work for me. I'll include the link to that thread in case you'd like to see it.

https://community.native-instruments...very-5-minutes

Native Instruments seems to be responding politely to the tickets submitted by Reaper users, but I don't think they're placing a huge priority on them. I'm not a technical person, but my impression is that if not for ReaKontrol, we would never have been able to use these controllers with Reaper in the first place.

I never thought it would come to this, but I'm now so invested in the NI ecosystem that I might actually have to consider moving to another platform. That's a drag, because I really love Reaper.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, I would welcome them.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:30 AM   #488
EarBud

Default ADDENDUM: Komplete Kontrol V.3

Brummbear,

I've been searching the NI forums, and it appears that this is a bigger issue than I originally thought.

Revision 3 of Komplete Kontrol has been a disaster for MANY people on numerous platforms for several weeks. It has nothing to do with ReaKontrol. Check these posts:

https://community.native-instruments...are-3-0#latest

I hope I'm not overreacting, but I've cancelled my order of the S88 Mk3 and will attempt to roll back KK to version 2.9. I don't know why NI even made version 3 available.

Like you, I will continue to use my S61 Mk2 and KK v.2 for as long as I can, while following NI's progress.

Needless to say this is all very disappointing, but I guess it's the price we pay for having access to such amazing tools.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.
Old 12-03-2023, 10:47 AM   #489
EarBud

Default ADDENDUM #2

Just a confirmation - Komplete Kontrol v2.x (which is a VST2) IS going away. From the NI website:

"We highly recommend using the VST3 version of Komplete Kontrol, since the VST2 plug-in will be phased out in the coming months."

https://support.native-instruments.c...Windows-System
Old 12-03-2023, 10:30 PM   #490
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarBud View Post
Just a confirmation - Komplete Kontrol v2.x (which is a VST2) IS going away. From the NI website:

"We highly recommend using the VST3 version of Komplete Kontrol, since the VST2 plug-in will be phased out in the coming months."

https://support.native-instruments.c...Windows-System
ReaKontrol 1.10 supports both VST2 and VST3 - no problem (see manual for details). As long as Komplete Kontrol v3.x is still supporting the protocol used on the Mk2 keyboards there should be no issue for the integration with Reaper. The current problem that you are experiencing is - as you already found out - entirely unrelated to ReaKontrol and just a bug in KK v3. I think there is reason to assume this can be sorted out by NI fairly soon.

The points I am more skeptical about are:
For how long will KK v3 or greater in combination with the NIHIA drivers still support the Mk2 series keyboard in full? That is both the special DAW MIDI protocol as used by ReaKontrol and also the ability for other NI applications to communicate directly with the keyboard. Other NI applications can communicate with the Mk2 series keyboards through NIHIA via a sophisticated IPC protocol. I am a huge fan of the Maschine integration with the Mk2 keyboards which makes use of just that.

Since NI has dropped the support for Maschine with the Mk3 keyboards and instead focused on Kontakt to directly communicate to it I am worried that over time they will not test this in newer releases of the KK software. So things may break in the future for Mk2 users. Mk3 is no alternative at all for those also invested into Maschine.

Other than the improved keybed and polyphonic aftertouch the new Mk3 keyboard seems to be a step backward in my view. I would not want to change my S88 Mk2 for an S88 Mk3 even if someone paid me money - no thanks. So much less functionality. And - as I stated above - no word from NI if the DAW MIDI protocol on the Mk3 is still there. For me, that is the ultimate point to not even remotely consider a Mk3 keyboard because I would not want to leave the ecosystem and workflow I have built around Reaper. When I bought the S88 Mk2 I knew that NI did not offer any integration with Reaper. But I also knew that I could write code to realize just that since at that point in time it was public knowledge that the keyboard was using this protocol. With the Mk3 everything is shrouded in mystery and one depends on NI's "mercy" to come up with proper integration.

Last edited by brummbear; 12-03-2023 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:15 AM   #491
EarBud

Brummbear,

Thanks for a good overview of what's going on. I now have a better understanding of what and where all of the bottlenecks are.

One of the main reasons I was interested in the Mk3 system is because it sounded like you'd be able to access instruments that normally work only in Kontakt with the same ease as those which already show up in Komplete Kontrol. But I guess you can't miss something you never had.

I've now rolled back to v.2.9.6 and things are humming again. I may just adopt the "desert island" point of view and stop updating everything while I watch NI's progress from afar. It sounds like that's what you've decided to do.

I guess the good news is that Mk2 keyboards will now be plentiful (maybe even cheap!) on the used market. You can keep a few spares on hand!

Thanks again.
Old 12-29-2023, 06:17 PM   #492
Stewart Audio

Default Multiple S-Series MKII Keyboards

Brummbear,

Running ReaKontrol 1.10 and it works Great in Reaper!

I have an S61 in the Control Room, and an S88 out in the Studio.

Both S-Series work Great with the Standalone Version of Komplete Kontrol (where you Switch between Controllers in the KK Header).
Note: DAW running Win7 with KK Ver. 2.6.7 (And NO, I'm not considering Downgrading to Win 10).

But while running Reaper (ReaKontrol), only One S-Series will work Great with Reaper, and Only One at a time.

Either S-Series will Co-Exist Nicely with my Icon Platform-M+ and the Transport Controls on an older M-Audio Keystation Pro-88 Controller, but if both are powered up and connected to the DAW simultaneously, things go Bad.

Solution has been to only power up one S-Series at a time.
Of course, then have to reboot, or use Task Manager, etc. to switch between Controllers if Workflow takes me to the other room/other S-Series controller).

Is there any way to run BOTH S-Series Simultaneously with Reaper??

Thank You!

Craig Stewart
Stewart Audio Services
Stewart Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 02:05 PM   #493
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Audio View Post
Brummbear,

Running ReaKontrol 1.10 and it works Great in Reaper!

I have an S61 in the Control Room, and an S88 out in the Studio.

Both S-Series work Great with the Standalone Version of Komplete Kontrol (where you Switch between Controllers in the KK Header).
Note: DAW running Win7 with KK Ver. 2.6.7 (And NO, I'm not considering Downgrading to Win 10).

But while running Reaper (ReaKontrol), only One S-Series will work Great with Reaper, and Only One at a time.

Either S-Series will Co-Exist Nicely with my Icon Platform-M+ and the Transport Controls on an older M-Audio Keystation Pro-88 Controller, but if both are powered up and connected to the DAW simultaneously, things go Bad.

Solution has been to only power up one S-Series at a time.
Of course, then have to reboot, or use Task Manager, etc. to switch between Controllers if Workflow takes me to the other room/other S-Series controller).

Is there any way to run BOTH S-Series Simultaneously with Reaper??

Thank You!

Craig Stewart
Stewart Audio Services
Hi Craig,
the last time I looked into this superficially there was no straight forward solution. That was a few years ago and I have not checked if Native Instruments made any changes to the drivers in the meantime. The underlying problem is this: Ironically NI built an architecture that would allow deep DAW integration with only one of their Mk2 keyboards at a time via the "Komplete Kontrol DAW" midi device. Any additional Mk2 keyboards can still work as an ordinary MIDI controller but they lack the deep integration. Apparently they never thought of selling multiple keyboards to their customers, haha. I tried this briefly with my S88 Mk2 and M32 and ran into the same issue that others have reported in the NI forum: only one of the two will offer deep DAW integration (irrespective of the DAW). Worse, it even depends on the order in which you power on the keyboards which one will be recognized for deep DAW integration. You can also find official commentary from NI on the web where they confirm that this is the case.

The fact that you can manually switch between keyboards in the KK SW is that NI uses a different IPC protocol in this case (you can find a lot of info in this thread if you feel technically inclined, user terminar even coded a framework called Rebellion to make use of IPC). The protocol via the DAW MIDI device meant for DAW integration as used in ReaKontrol and NI's own DAW integrations is much less capable than the IPC stuff and was limited to just one keyboard at a time when I last checked. However, I never tried hard - maybe there is a way: Assuming that each keyboard spawns its own "Komplete Kontrol DAW - n" MIDI device with n being the number of connected keyboards one could try to modify ReaKontrol to keep all connected keyboards in sync. Basically, ReaKontrol would have to react to inputs from any of the connected keyboards and output to all connected keyboards simultaneously. This requires code changes and quite a bit of testing. If you feel comfortable writing code it may be worth your time modifying it. Right now ReaKontrol only searches for one keyboard and creates a midiIn and midiOut for the first Mk2 keyboard found. In a modified version you would search for all connected Mk2 keyboards and create corresponding midiIn-n and midiOut-n channels. You would then queue all midiIn-n events from all connect keyboards and react to all of them in order of time. Likewise you would output the same data to all midiOut-n channels. That would be the easy part. The tricky thing would be to see how instance focus works in this scenario. It may just work out of the box or in a benign fashion in that the display on the last touched keyboard shows the most up to date state of the KK plugin. Or it may uncover additional problems - only trying it out will tell. Unfortunately I do not have the time to look into it, I plan to only touch the SW to maintain what is currently possible in the foreseeable future.

Maybe you can find some less painful workarounds for your situation. If e.g. you could live with just ordinary MIDI on your S61 keyboard you could try add at least transport control using the built in MCU support adding the S61 as another control surface.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:25 AM   #494
egoplasma

Default Version for MacOS

Can someone point me to the dylib of reakontrol? I can't find it on GitHub! Thanks!
egoplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:25 PM   #495
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoplasma View Post
Can someone point me to the dylib of reakontrol? I can't find it on GitHub! Thanks!
Here is a link to Mac binaries kindly made available by a Mac user:

https://github.com/cheslijones/reaKo...ses/tag/Latest
Old 01-25-2024, 07:29 PM   #496
egoplasma

Hi brummbear...thank you so much....you´ve solved my issue I´ve had! Now I can change the tracks with my MK2! Tipptopp....I´m lucky!

Have a look: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....73#post2753973

Cheers
Ralf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummbear View Post

Old 02-02-2024, 10:04 AM   #497
DanielBerg

Default Not working reakontrol

Hello! Help me please.
MacBook M1 Pro Sonoma 14.2.1 Trying connect Reaper 7.0.9 with Komplete Kontrol S88 MK3 but dont work.
Install Plugin manually by put reaper_kontrol-arm64 to UserPlugins. So, ReperKontrol dont loading and ini file of reakontrol didnt create. Do you have any ideas?)
DanielBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 10:06 AM   #498
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBerg View Post
Hello! Help me please.
Do you have any ideas?)
Use the other file in the zip.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:17 PM   #499
DanielBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Use the other file in the zip.
What do you mean? I use reaper native arm and try all 3 dylib files.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:05 PM   #500
egoplasma

Quote:
Hello! Help me please.
MacBook M1 Pro Sonoma 14.2.1 Trying connect Reaper 7.0.9 with Komplete Kontrol S88 MK3 but dont work.
Install Plugin manually by put reaper_kontrol-arm64 to UserPlugins. So, ReperKontrol dont loading and ini file of reakontrol didnt create. Do you have any ideas?)
Supports ReaKontrol the new MK3 keyboards? I have the S61 MK2 and nearly the same setup as you, I´m on a Mac mini M1 and it's working! I use the reaper_kontrol-arm64.dylib
Old 02-02-2024, 04:48 PM   #501
DanielBerg

Quote:
Supports ReaKontrol the new MK3 keyboards? I have the S61 MK2 and nearly the same setup as you, I´m on a Mac mini M1 and it's working! I use the reaper_kontrol-arm64.dylib
Is it run automatically? I mean Reaper dont create reakontrol.ini and maybe this mean that reakontrol dont start?
About Support i think it have same protocol with MK2 because in Ableton Live MK3 working perfect with protocol from MK2.

Last edited by DanielBerg; 02-03-2024 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:08 AM   #502
egoplasma

Yes, it runs automatically! You don´t see a dedicated entry in a menu or so! In my Userplugin-Folder is the "reaper_kontrol-arm64.dylib" file and the folder "ReaKontrolConfig" with the 2 files "reakontrol_EXAMPLE.ini" and "reakontrol.ini" I haven´t touch or changed these files. Hope this helps!
You can also give the drivenbymoss extension a try:

https://mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

Quote:
Is it run automatically? I mean Reaper dont create reakontrol.ini and maybe this mean that reakontrol dont start?
About Support i think it have same protocol with MK2 because in Ableton Live MK3 working perfect with protocol from MK2.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:15 AM   #503
egoplasma

I´ve done the following steps:

1. Installed ReaKontrol via ReaPack ---> it copies the folder with the ini-files
2. Manually paste the "reaper_kontrol-arm64.dylib" file from:

Quote:
Old 02-03-2024, 06:44 AM   #504
DanielBerg

Quote:
I´ve done the following steps:

1. Installed ReaKontrol via ReaPack ---> it copies the folder with the ini-files
2. Manually paste the "reaper_kontrol-arm64.dylib" file from:

Yes, that's exactly what I did. How named of your midi devices?
Old 02-03-2024, 12:51 PM   #505
egoplasma

Under Reaper Preferences -> MIDI Devices -> MIDI hardware settings -> Native Instruments - KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 MK2 - Anschluss 1 you have to check "Input" and "All" ! Your device must be called similar....me thinks S88 MK3 or so!

Is it working now?

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I did. How named of your midi devices?
Old 02-03-2024, 12:58 PM   #506
Kabraxis

I never had the chance to thank you @brummbear, and @jcsteh too.

I have a question, though.
I went a bit deeper with my M32, added actions to .ini, can see their labels on my keyboard when I touch knobs but how do I apply them with an M32?
Kabraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 05:03 PM   #507
DanielBerg

Quote:
Under Reaper Preferences -> MIDI Devices -> MIDI hardware settings -> Native Instruments - KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 MK2 - Anschluss 1 you have to check "Input" and "All" ! Your device must be called similar....me thinks S88 MK3 or so!

Is it working now?
Thank you very much!
This started working after renaming Alias name to Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1
Standard names of S88 MK3:
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - DAW
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - Main
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - Ext

So it works well except Custom Actions. I can edit reakontrol.ini and see my commands on MK3 but cant apply them, after pushing 1-8 buttons nothing happens. Default action (add track) dont work. Buttons are blinking but dont start the commands.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:08 PM   #508
egoplasma

Cool, I'm glad to hear that! The custom actions also doesn't work on my side....but I have no further investigate....If you find a solution or workaround for the custom actions, please post! Have a good time!

Quote:
Thank you very much!
This started working after renaming Alias name to Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1
Standard names of S88 MK3:
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - DAW
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - Main
- Native Instruments - KONTROL S88 MK3 - Ext

So it works well except Custom Actions. I can edit reakontrol.ini and see my commands on MK3 but cant apply them, after pushing 1-8 buttons nothing happens. Default action (add track) dont work. Buttons are blinking but dont start the commands.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:16 AM   #509
DanielBerg

Quote:
Cool, I'm glad to hear that! The custom actions also doesn't work on my side....but I have no further investigate....If you find a solution or workaround for the custom actions, please post! Have a good time!
Tested MK3 on Windows 11 Reaper 6.72, 7.09 reakontrol 1.0, 1.1 And custom actions don’t work, same problem, can’t apply.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:18 PM   #510
egoplasma

Ok....thanks for test! It would be nice if the actions on keyboard work, but I also can live without it!
Quote:
Tested MK3 on Windows 11 Reaper 6.72, 7.09 reakontrol 1.0, 1.1 And custom actions don’t work, same problem, can’t apply.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:58 PM   #511
DanielBerg

Hello, can you repair custom actions for some donation? If this is really possible)

Quote:

Old 03-04-2024, 07:36 AM   #512
phillip2637

Quote:

I'm confused.

I'm on Mac. The docs I see for ReaKontrol say that the best way to install for Mac or Windows is via ReaPack. When I do that, I don't get a dylib file (and therefore no .ini and no integration).

Do I ignore ReaPack and use the link quoted here? Or do both?

(I've been happy with v1.0, but thought I should switch to 1.1. I'm a bit annoyed that a ReaPack uninstall does a permanent removal rather than move to trash.)
phillip2637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:09 PM   #513
brummbear

Quote:
Hello, can you repair custom actions for some donation? If this is really possible)
It is probably super easy to make it work for Mk3, but since I have a Mk2 and NI being secretive about any changes in the protocol I won't be able to help.

Custom actions works perfectly fine on Mk2, I am using them every day (on Windows).
Old 03-04-2024, 02:12 PM   #514
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip2637 View Post
I'm confused.

I'm on Mac. The docs I see for ReaKontrol say that the best way to install for Mac or Windows is via ReaPack. When I do that, I don't get a dylib file (and therefore no .ini and no integration).

Do I ignore ReaPack and use the link quoted here? Or do both?

(I've been happy with v1.0, but thought I should switch to 1.1. I'm a bit annoyed that a ReaPack uninstall does a permanent removal rather than move to trash.)
Please use the github link rather than ReaPack. This only applies to Mac.

When I release a new version of ReaKontrol I will also update the instructions to use the manual install method for Mac users. It just became too cumbersome with Apple's constant changes and different hardware platforms to maintain the ReaPack version for Mac.

Windows is not affected by this.

Last edited by brummbear; 03-04-2024 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:54 PM   #515
spicytripe

I'm pretty confused too. I downloaded ReaKontrol_v1.10 from https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKont...ases/tag/v1.10 and there is no dylib in there. Where can I download this? Thanks

EDIT
Oh ! I found it on reaper stash and it was uploaded July 2023 so maybe this is the recent one? I'll check it out.
Officially though, where do I get it?
spicytripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:16 PM   #516
spicytripe

Hmm I downloaded the file and it unpacks as reaper_kontrol-x86_64.dylib and reaper_kontrol-arm.dylib. I use the x86-64 as I have an intel mac. Reaper doesn't recognize my s49 MK2. I renamed it to what the manual refers: reaper_kontrol.dylib and this is still not working for me. It is in /Users/mango/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins/ReaKontrolConfig

I would appreciate any insight on this! Thanks!

Nevermind I'm really tired and read the manual wrong. The dylib is supposed to be in the UserPlugin folder and not ReaKontrolConfig... duh moment.

Last edited by spicytripe; 03-04-2024 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Duh Moment
Old 03-04-2024, 05:48 PM   #517
brummbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytripe View Post
Officially though, where do I get it?
See here. Will have to clean up the thread at some point …

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=495
Old 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM   #518
spicytripe

Right on thank you!
Old 03-05-2024, 07:23 AM   #519
phillip2637

Quote:
Please use the github link rather than ReaPack. This only applies to Mac.

When I release a new version of ReaKontrol I will also update the instructions to use the manual install method for Mac users. It just became too cumbersome with Apple's constant changes and different hardware platforms to maintain the ReaPack version for Mac.

Windows is not affected by this.
Thanks. Experimenting did get me to a working configuration. The one other Mac "gotcha" is that the first run of Reaper after installation gives a loading error for ReaKontrol, saying that it's from an unrecognized developer. Explicitly allowing it in System Settings and then re-launching Reaper fixes that. (In case anyone else stumbles onto this thread and wonders why putting files in the right place isn't enough.)
phillip2637 is offline   Reply With Quote