Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
earforce
Human being with feelings

Default Klanghelm, new version of DC1A and DC8C.

Klanghelm just released a new version of the free compressor DC1A and the DC8C.

https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/DC1A/DC1A.php
https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/DC8C/DC8C.php
earforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
sightlessness

Sweet, thanks for the news
Old 06-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
airon

The update is free.

Text copy/paste of presets, similar to Valhalla plugins, resizable GUI, and plenty of other improvements.

23€

I’ll be using this and Harrisons AVA deesser on the next series I’m mixing.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
IXix

It's a complicated beast but I've been getting to grips with it of late. New update is even better and uses less CPU too. Love Klanghelm.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
ivansc

Wonderin gif he has anything in the works for MJUC....
Old 06-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
Magicbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
It's a complicated beast but I've been getting to grips with it of late. New update is even better and uses less CPU too. Love Klanghelm.
Its only complicated if you want it to be. I bought DC8C for the easy mode. The best new feature BY FAR is that easy mode and advanced mode are now correlated. It previously kinda sucked that if you found a great advanced preset you couldn't switch to easy mode and have the same behavior or vice versa. Now you can.

Second best feature is that easy mode now has a dedicated saturation control.
Magicbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

I'm going to have to give this a try. Love Tony's work. MJUC is one of my favourite compressors.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #8
Aux13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I'm going to have to give this a try.
You won't be sorry.
Aux13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:33 AM   #9
Magicbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I'm going to have to give this a try. Love Tony's work. MJUC is one of my favourite compressors.
DC8C is a killer swiss army comp and a great upgrade from Reacomp IMO. It can do just about any style of compression and having 4 "easy modes" each with a different character makes it convenient and fun.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
sostenuto

Great to see Klanghelm getting renewed recognition !
Has been a solid resource for long time !!
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #11
Doc Brown

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best fit for me as I currently don't have a go to compressor but on my last album I used mjuc Jr with nice results based on my limited compression skills.

I'm thinking the full blown MJUC would be the way to go but I don't know what the difference is between that and say DC1A and DC8C. I mainly write synth type tunes with a smattering of guitar and piano and I'm not sure what's the best fit. I was also contemplating u-he's presswerk as a contender also. I like to keep my plugins limited so I'm not wanting to have ten compressors that need to be learned and nuances figured out.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
Magicbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
I'm trying to figure out what would be the best fit for me as I currently don't have a go to compressor but on my last album I used mjuc Jr with nice results based on my limited compression skills.

I'm thinking the full blown MJUC would be the way to go but I don't know what the difference is between that and say DC1A and DC8C. I mainly write synth type tunes with a smattering of guitar and piano and I'm not sure what's the best fit. I was also contemplating u-he's presswerk as a contender also. I like to keep my plugins limited so I'm not wanting to have ten compressors that need to be learned and nuances figured out.
MJUC has a very authentic analog character to it and 3 different compressor modes. It colors the sound even if theres no compression happening. Its really great for thickening things like Vocals or drums and the modes give it added versatility.

DC8C's easy modes give you 4 varieties of compressor action that will fit most duties from clean and transparent, to punchy or smashed and dirty. Like I said above its more of a swiss army tool for compression and could absolutely work as your everyday goto comp. MJUC (which is more CPU heavy) is a perfect compliment as a character comp.

DC1a is a feature limited version of the Punch mode from DC8C. That said I love it for its simplicity (only 2 knobs) and it ends up on every mix somewhere. Sometimes you just want 2 turn a couple knobs and be done with it.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:55 AM   #13
Doc Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbuss View Post
MJUC has a very authentic analog character to it and 3 different compressor modes. It colors the sound even if theres no compression happening. Its really great for thickening things like Vocals or drums and the modes give it added versatility.

DC8C's easy modes give you 4 varieties of compressor action that will fit most duties from clean and transparent, to punchy or smashed and dirty. Like I said above its more of a swiss army tool for compression and could absolutely work as your everyday goto comp. MJUC (which is more CPU heavy) is a perfect compliment as a character comp.

DC1a is a feature limited version of the Punch mode from DC8C. That said I love it for its simplicity (only 2 knobs) and it ends up on every mix somewhere. Sometimes you just want 2 turn a couple knobs and be done with it.

Hey Magic

Thanks for the clarification and detailed reply. It sounds like DC8C is the one I'm after or presswerk. I'll have to do some more comparisons on those two but for the price it seems hard to beat DC8C. Thanks
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote