Old 10-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #481
javiramallo
Human being with feelings
 
javiramallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Merida, Spain
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Hello fellow DDP'ers.
Here's a new version of DDP To Cue Writer.

It's basically a GUI for some great command line utilities that includes ddpinfo written by Andreas Ruge, and cdrecord which is part of cdrtools written by Jörg Schilling.

I really wanted to directly write a DDP image to CD. With ddpinfo, it was possible. This is just a test version (any critique is welcome)

Edit: Windows version updated on Oct. 11 2016 to version 6

DDP To Cue Writer V6



Directions:

1. Select your CD Writer you'll be using to write the CD

2. Verify DDP MD5 checksums. Search for MD5 and CRC32 checksum files in the DDP directory and
use the checksums found to verify the integrity of the DDP file-set

3. Make sure you have inserted blank CD for the selected writer

4. Write the DDP or cue image To CD

Other Stuff:

You can also convert the DDP file-set to a cue/wav format
open the cue, and write from that, or you can also write
previous cue/wav, or cue/bins rendered from Reaper.

Print PQ Sheet (Writes, and saves a pq sheet from the ddp directory in html format)
Options include opening in your default web browser if checked.

Convert to separate tracks with or without pause.

Download Here (portable versions) No installer at the moment.


DDP To Cue Writer (Windows Vista and above)

DDP To Cue Writer (Windows XP)

DDP To Cue Writer (Mac Intel)

Note: The difference in the Windows versions is that Vista and above, uses new explorer style file and folder dialogs.

Special thanks to Andreas Ruge, and all the testers
Wyatt

Thanks for this amazing software.

Any update is coming on the way?

Thanks in advanced!
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #482
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Looks like the Devs, or moderators have done some housekeeping stuff to the forum.
DDP doesn't belong here "MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC" as DDP has nothing to do with the thread title.

Should there be a Mastering section somewhere?
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #483
sankiton
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3
Default

Wyatt, thanks very much for DDP-2-CW However... for some reason when I burn the DDP image (which was checked and OK) the ISRC and other codes are not present in the final disc – even though the PQ sheet shows them in the DDP folder. Any idea what could be happening? Thanks again
sankiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #484
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankiton View Post
Wyatt, thanks very much for DDP-2-CW However... for some reason when I burn the DDP image (which was checked and OK) the ISRC and other codes are not present in the final disc – even though the PQ sheet shows them in the DDP folder. Any idea what could be happening? Thanks again
Hmm,
not sure on this.

What's you setup, and what are you using to read back the ISRC codes?
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #485
sankiton
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3
Default

I'm reading the burnt CD's CD Text from Terminal using both "drutil cdtext" and "drutil subchannel" on OS 10.6.8. Could there be an issue with the drive not reading ISRC??? Song and album titles are present but not the codes. Very odd, not sure how to proceed... Am trying to check on other systems.
sankiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #486
cyrano
Human being with feelings
 
cyrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4,243
Default

CD text was part of the Red Book standard way back when the CD was invented. It never took on.

Later, some other parties started expanding it, but that never took on either.

I think if you actually want a CD player that supports CD text today, your choice will be limited. And those that still say they support it, might not even know what they are supporting exactly.

It should be less of a problem with computer CD players. But even those are going the way of the Dodo...

Still, that said, iTunes still supports CD Text. But I've got no clue what they support exactly. None of the standalone players I ever used supported it well. The only two I ever encountered that supported it well, was a CDi player from Philips and a portable Bookreader/CD player from Sony. But who remembers CDi or that bookreader?

The question I'm left with, is "Who was bold enough to exclude talking about it in their licenses?". Especially as the original Red Book was open for everyone...
__________________
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” Albert Einstein
cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #487
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankiton View Post
I'm reading the burnt CD's CD Text from Terminal using both "drutil cdtext" and "drutil subchannel" on OS 10.6.8. Could there be an issue with the drive not reading ISRC??? Song and album titles are present but not the codes. Very odd, not sure how to proceed... Am trying to check on other systems.
If you check other cd's that has ISRC codes, does "drutil subchannel" show the codes?
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #488
sankiton
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3
Default

I've been checking several (commercial) CDs and yes, they do show ISRC codes. I've checked the burnt CDs in another drive in another computer and it only shows album title and song names but not the codes. However, I've found that any programme I use to burn the CDs (not just yours) does not seem to burn the codes... I don't know what to make of this... Will keep trying... Many thanks.
sankiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #489
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankiton View Post
I've been checking several (commercial) CDs and yes, they do show ISRC codes. I've checked the burnt CDs in another drive in another computer and it only shows album title and song names but not the codes. However, I've found that any programme I use to burn the CDs (not just yours) does not seem to burn the codes... I don't know what to make of this... Will keep trying... Many thanks.
One more thing that you could check. Have you checked to see if your burner has a firmware update?

Or could you check it with a different burner?
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 AM   #490
jbasch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Default issue with cds burned from DDP file

Hi. I am having an issue where when I burn a CD from a DDP file in ddp to Cue Writer v6 (using the write DDP option) the CD does not work correctly past track 2. If you play the cd straight through it will play each track but the display will be stuck on track 2 (and track 2 text). If you try to skip tracks (either direction)it keeps going to track 2 or halfway through what it thinks is track two which is actually track 3. The MD5 check is good and the PQ sheet is correct.

Now if I use DDP to Cue Writer to export to cue/wav file and use imgburn with these files to burn an audio cd I get a CD that works correctly (all text displays correctly, you can skip tracks just fine, etc).

My main question is, if I send this DDP file to a pressing plant do they convert it to a cue/wav file or use some other process that will result in a correctly functioning CD? I'm concerned about getting back 1000 pressed cds that are flawed.

Thanks!
jbasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #491
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasch View Post
Hi. I am having an issue where when I burn a CD from a DDP file in ddp to Cue Writer v6 (using the write DDP option) the CD does not work correctly past track 2. If you play the cd straight through it will play each track but the display will be stuck on track 2 (and track 2 text). If you try to skip tracks (either direction)it keeps going to track 2 or halfway through what it thinks is track two which is actually track 3. The MD5 check is good and the PQ sheet is correct.

Now if I use DDP to Cue Writer to export to cue/wav file and use imgburn with these files to burn an audio cd I get a CD that works correctly (all text displays correctly, you can skip tracks just fine, etc).

My main question is, if I send this DDP file to a pressing plant do they convert it to a cue/wav file or use some other process that will result in a correctly functioning CD? I'm concerned about getting back 1000 pressed cds that are flawed.

Thanks!
I'll have a fix for this soon!
I'm away at the moment.
Thanks,
Wyatt
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #492
WyattRice
Human being with feelings
 
WyattRice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,902
Default

@jbasch
Here's a new version of DDP To Cue Writer.
Would you mind testing it?

This has been a bug (according to the developer of cdrecord)
of bad firmware in CD drives. I contacted him on this issue, and here's what he quoted.

PHP Code:
"Your problem is most likely caused by a bug in the firmware of your writer. 
This defect is a well known problem that is caused by firmware made by the 
chinese manufacturer "
Lite-ON". See also README.audio and the section on 
-raw96r in the cdrecord man page.

Please try to write the CD in -raw95r mode." 
I've added that command to burn cds in raw96r mode in this version.
Just make sure that there is a checkmark "Write CD in raw mode"
Download is Here.

Please let me know. I've tested it on my end, and it works.

Many Thanks,
Wyatt
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #493
jbasch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks! I'll give it a try this evening and let you know how it goes.
jbasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #494
jbasch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Default

The newest version solved my issue.
Thanks!
jbasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.