Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-06-2023, 01:51 PM   #1
postmarkj
Human being with feelings

Default Volume Control has stopped working

Hello - been using REAPER for ages, I even own a license BUT I'm sure I know less than you experts, so to Newbieland I come!

REAPER's Volume Control has ceased to work. I have it set at "+0db is center of item" but when I grab and move it, the visual representation, the waveform, IT changes but not the volume. I can peg it so high that it's all one big square wave, and it sounds like it did when ever it was that I bunked this up.

I have set Item Volume Handle (the +0db one) set to all three settings and no luck.
I have restarted the engine, program, and computer; it perseveres. Holy crap that sounds like a horror movie for English majors! "It Perseveres" Coming Summer '23"

A little help, please?
postmarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:53 PM   #2
Wallaby

Default item handle ?

Almost no idea what this means.
What are these three settings ?
The wave drawings inside the item is changing when you change the volumen ?
Does the mixer with its faders still work and make the items on the track louder and quieter ?
Wallaby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:20 PM   #3
rncwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmarkj View Post
I have it set at "+0db is center of item" but when I grab and move it, the visual representation, the waveform, IT changes but not the volume.

That's only a small part of your volume, to me it's more of giving you a visual (Wave) representation as you stated. to change your volume, use the faders.

Robert
rncwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #4
Gibson_GM

Your key bindings may be different, but I have hit CTRL+mousewheel to raise/lower the actual VOLUME (gain) of an item on the TCP (the waveform). If you are increasing gain, you will see the gain value go up ("=3.0dB" for example).

SHIFT+up arrow, for me, simply increases the SIZE of the waveform as viewed, but not any VOLUME level. Try MCP ('mixer control panel') faders, or the level adjustment (volume) pot on the track itself, in TCP (track control panel).
Gibson_GM is offline   Reply With Quote