Old 03-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default Pellet

After a while of tinkering I completed another piece.
https://soundcloud.com/kaspartorn/pellet

There's the usual instrumentation - Stick + everything else (drums, piano, synths).
The initial idea got started with a simple polyrhythm plink-plonk on the Stick and it grew bigger from there.
The Stick sides are hard panned most of the time to give the impression of 2 instruments.
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
prom
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 224
Default

Earlier today I felt the need to listen to something ,I chose a track by Liquid Tension Experiment....I got to about 15 seconds in and then decided to abort (not sure why?)....I was a big fan of Levin,saw Gabriel at Crystal Palace football ground during the album tour for "Peter Gabriel" ,probably 1983.Then i come on here and check out your post and get a dose of impressive music from your stick/percussion and production skills.
Compressed and moulded - Thanks


On & On -> nice track
Cool arpeggio practice btw & I also dig the Jiggler monster graphics!
KaarLeek -> Most pleasurable to I.

Last edited by prom; 03-26-2019 at 09:50 AM.
prom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
Fergler
Human being with feelings
 
Fergler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,923
Default

Great production, but I got tired of a lack of melodic material until 1:30, because the existing melody is angular. Contrast it with something that has a legato or at least step wise motion, and a direction, and I think it will benefit greatly.

3:50.. headbanging. Love it.

I don't know if you're looking for feedback, just thought I'd share.
__________________
Check out my hip-hop, funk-rock band Theatre Crisp
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:14 AM   #4
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom View Post
Earlier today I felt the need to listen to something ,I chose a track by Liquid Tension Experiment....I got to about 15 seconds in and then decided to abort (not sure why?)....I was a big fan of Levin,saw Gabriel at Crystal Palace football ground during the album tour for "Peter Gabriel" ,probably 1983.Then i come on here and check out your post and get a dose of impressive music from your stick/percussion and production skills.
Compressed and moulded - Thanks


On & On -> nice track
Thanks a lot! Never would've thought I'd get mentioned in the same paragraph with LTE


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Great production, but I got tired of a lack of melodic material until 1:30, because the existing melody is angular. Contrast it with something that has a legato or at least step wise motion, and a direction, and I think it will benefit greatly.

3:50.. headbanging. Love it.

I don't know if you're looking for feedback, just thought I'd share.
Sure, thanks for the feedback! It's good to hear what other actual human beings think of my music.
I probably won't touch this track anymore, but I'll try to keep these things in mind when creating the next one.
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
bob
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scottish refugee in Germany
Posts: 4,176
Default

I kept thinking of James Bond.listening to your tune.
Perfect for a movie Soundtrack
__________________
SoundCloud Channel
https://soundcloud.com/stream

Last edited by bob; 03-20-2019 at 09:16 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,664
Default

Thanks, I needed that. Is there a way to dl?
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:58 AM   #7
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Thanks sammydix and bob!
I'll add a dl link over the weekend.
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
mschuster
Human being with feelings
 
mschuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,158
Default

Really enjoyed this. Very deep...creative, unique - interesting!! Great job!
mschuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #9
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Thanks mschuster!
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #10
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Now also downloadable:
http://www.kaspartorn.eu/music.html
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #11
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 2,391
Default

Super cleverly constructed as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
The Stick sides are hard panned most of the time to give the impression of 2 instruments.
So the stick is stereo with strings divided by channels? Neat.
__________________
AM bient and rund funk
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #12
cyrano
Human being with feelings
 
cyrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4,599
Default

Nice. Just what I needed after a few hours of soldering and dusting...

Thanks!
__________________
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity” Albert Einstein
cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #13
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Super cleverly constructed as usual.

So the stick is stereo with strings divided by channels? Neat.
Yeah, I have the version with 2 active pickups, one for each side - bass and melody.
There's the option to switch to mono also, which can become handy if playing with a guitar amp or the like.
I always use stereo though, even if I don't pan the sides. It's a good idea to use a stereo distortion, so intervals other than unison, fifth and octave sound distinct. Effect is like two guitars playing harmonized lines instead of one playing chords.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Nice. Just what I needed after a few hours of soldering and dusting...

Thanks!
My pleasure!
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:44 PM   #14
smueske
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,228
Default

God, I love your music! Enjoyed the hell out of this. Your music always sounds great, and I especially love that I always have the feeling of not knowing what comes next, of being slightly off-balance. Challenged. Rewarded.
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:26 AM   #15
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
God, I love your music! Enjoyed the hell out of this. Your music always sounds great, and I especially love that I always have the feeling of not knowing what comes next, of being slightly off-balance. Challenged. Rewarded.
Thanks a lot, I'm really flattered!

Your stuff is great too. I'll do some listening...
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.