Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 02:43 AM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings
 
Tobbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Backe, Jämtland, Sweden
Posts: 359
Lightbulb Xpand!2 good price on Plugin Boutique

Hi,

I bought it and was not aware of the ilock thing. The Installation of Xpand!2 stops after x seconds and error message. Anyone of you using Xpand on your Linux box?

Error message
0x80070643 installation failure


It's only 17 euros so no big money, but would be nice have it working. Comes with over 2500 presets.

PS: Ilock didnt install either
__________________
OS: Linux Mint XFCE 19.01, Reaper For Linux (64Bit) and native linux-vst plugins (16GB RAM) LSP-Suite, Drumgizmo, TpL-Plugins, LinuxSampler/Fantasia, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:18 AM   #2
gennargiu
Human being with feelings
 
gennargiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Napoli
Posts: 18
Default

Xpand 2 don't native plug in for gnu linux....it's mac and windows system
__________________
reaper 5.984 windows 10 - gnu linux (Ubuntu Studio 18.04.3)
http://gennargiu.altervista.org/?doi...33752441406250
gennargiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
Tobbe
Human being with feelings
 
Tobbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Backe, Jämtland, Sweden
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennargiu View Post
Xpand 2 don't native plug in for gnu linux....it's mac and windows system
You can use Wine and LinVst on other Windows VST's. This one wont install for some reason.
__________________
OS: Linux Mint XFCE 19.01, Reaper For Linux (64Bit) and native linux-vst plugins (16GB RAM) LSP-Suite, Drumgizmo, TpL-Plugins, LinuxSampler/Fantasia, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
Mcgiver69
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
Default

I got iLok working on AvLinux and Xpand2! and even Hybrid.

So yes they can work.
Mcgiver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
Tobbe
Human being with feelings
 
Tobbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Backe, Jämtland, Sweden
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgiver69 View Post
I got iLok working on AvLinux and Xpand2! and even Hybrid.

So yes they can work.
How did you do if I may ask? I tried it on Ubuntu Studio but it only blink for a second when I try to install.

I think I'm gonna try another wine thing...now I have wine-rt...worth a try
__________________
OS: Linux Mint XFCE 19.01, Reaper For Linux (64Bit) and native linux-vst plugins (16GB RAM) LSP-Suite, Drumgizmo, TpL-Plugins, LinuxSampler/Fantasia, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #6
osxmidi
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 536
Default

I would guess that Ilok would probably need the wine crypt based libraries, so winbind etc

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access (sudo apt-get install winbind sudo apt-get install gnutls-bin sudo apt-get install libntlm0)

I'd also just use a default 64 bit wineprefix created by winecfg (delete ~/.wine and run winecfg)

wine-rt would not be the Wine to use IMO.

WineHQ Wine Staging would be.

Seeing that I havn't installed ILok, these are just general recommendations that might not do much.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
Tobbe
Human being with feelings
 
Tobbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Backe, Jämtland, Sweden
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
I would guess that Ilok would probably need the wine crypt based libraries, so winbind etc

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access (sudo apt-get install winbind sudo apt-get install gnutls-bin sudo apt-get install libntlm0)

I'd also just use a default 64 bit wineprefix created by winecfg (delete ~/.wine and run winecfg)

wine-rt would not be the Wine to use IMO.

WineHQ Wine Staging would be.

Seeing that I havn't installed ILok, these are just general recommendations that might not do much.
Thank you. Top notch info as always.
__________________
OS: Linux Mint XFCE 19.01, Reaper For Linux (64Bit) and native linux-vst plugins (16GB RAM) LSP-Suite, Drumgizmo, TpL-Plugins, LinuxSampler/Fantasia, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #8
Tobbe
Human being with feelings
 
Tobbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Backe, Jämtland, Sweden
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
I would guess that Ilok would probably need the wine crypt based libraries, so winbind etc

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access (sudo apt-get install winbind sudo apt-get install gnutls-bin sudo apt-get install libntlm0)

I'd also just use a default 64 bit wineprefix created by winecfg (delete ~/.wine and run winecfg)

wine-rt would not be the Wine to use IMO.

WineHQ Wine Staging would be.

Seeing that I havn't installed ILok, these are just general recommendations that might not do much.
Installed winbind and the others, didn't work. Same errors as before. Ilock's error is: 1603 Fatal error uring installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm)
__________________
OS: Linux Mint XFCE 19.01, Reaper For Linux (64Bit) and native linux-vst plugins (16GB RAM) LSP-Suite, Drumgizmo, TpL-Plugins, LinuxSampler/Fantasia, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22.
Tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #9
osxmidi
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 536
Default

If you do a search for Ilok in this forum then I think there is some info on it.

I sort of remember that Ilok worked with Wine (not Staging or Devel) but I can't remember it exactly, so I might be wrong about it.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #10
osxmidi
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Hi,

I bought it and was not aware of the ilock thing. The Installation of Xpand!2 stops after x seconds and error message. Anyone of you using Xpand on your Linux box?

Error message
0x80070643 installation failure


It's only 17 euros so no big money, but would be nice have it working. Comes with over 2500 presets.

PS: Ilock didnt install either
I tried installing Ilok with Wine Staging 4.3/MXLinux and I got the same error.

I needed winetricks msxml3 and then it installed ok.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.