Old 11-28-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
jeswhite
Human being with feelings

Default File saving/routing

As a relative newby, I am struggling with the file routing and saving of an individual project.
Rightly or wrongly I have saved a new version of the project after each session using ‘Save project as’ and numbered it at the end of the file name. However when I come to reopen the project it opens up as:
D: \Reaper Files\newproject1\newproject2\newproject3 etc etc rather than just as the last version of the file.
What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks in advance
jeswhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #2
Stella645
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeswhite View Post
As a relative newby, I am struggling with the file routing and saving of an individual project.
Rightly or wrongly I have saved a new version of the project after each session using ‘Save project as’ and numbered it at the end of the file name. However when I come to reopen the project it opens up as:
D: \Reaper Files\newproject1\newproject2\newproject3 etc etc rather than just as the last version of the file.
What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks in advance
Sounds like you are creating new folders with the number suffix instead of just saving the project with the suffix. Do you have folders inside of folders for each new version if you check the drive from your o/s?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote