Old 10-27-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Default v6.39rc2 - October 27 2021

v6.39rc2 - October 27 2021

• + Routing windows: slight tweaks to sizing of channel selection boxes [p=2491493]
  • + Theme: fix button margin issues with gen_ images and DPI scaling [p=2491894]
  • # Command line: fix opening of themes, track templates, and reasession files via command line
  • # ReaScript: MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent reports VKB as being enabled for MIDI input
  • # ReaScript: update MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent to also return playback position, if any
  • # ReaScript: update documentation for I_VUMODE
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
[*]+ Theme: fix button margin issues with gen_ images and DPI scaling [p=2491894]
Awesome, Thanks!
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
daniellumertz

Quote:

• # ReaScript: MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent reports VKB as being enabled for MIDI input
  • # ReaScript: update MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent to also return playback position, if any
  • # ReaScript: update documentation for I_VUMODE

THANKS JUSTIN! S2
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:50 AM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
+ Routing windows: slight tweaks to sizing of channel selection boxes [p=2491493]
If the Routing window is getting some cosmetic attention, any chance to have the Pre/Post settings update on screen when modified via a controller?

Details: if the Routing Window is open and I use CSI to change the track Send from PostFader to PostFX or vice versa, the change occurs in real-time but isn't reflected in the Routing Window dropdown. I have to close the window and reopen it to see the change.

Last edited by Funkybot; 10-27-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:35 PM   #5
mpl

For those who interested in Retrospective record, starting from this prerelesse it is possible now! Thanks, Justin!

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=31
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
For those who interested in Retrospective record, starting from this prerelesse it is possible now! Thanks, Justin!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question MPL, may I ask what "Retrospective record" is?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #7
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question MPL, may I ask what "Retrospective record" is?
Usually it refers to hitting record and having the DAW save X seconds of audio or MIDI that were happening prior to hitting record, or being able to recover a take where you forgot to press record. Requires that the system be continuously recording to a buffer just in case the user starts to record or demands that the last X seconds be preserved.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:07 PM   #8
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Usually it refers to hitting record and having the DAW save X seconds of audio or MIDI that were happening prior to hitting record, or being able to recover a take where you forgot to press record. Requires that the system be continuously recording to a buffer just in case the user starts to record or demands that the last X seconds be preserved.
Thank you clepsydrae, I understand.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:57 PM   #9
AZpercussion

Quote:

Midi only, yes?((
We all need a record buffer for audio too (and not dependent on play state, just buffer as in field recorders, but with any value in preferences)
AZpercussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:21 AM   #10
Yanick

Retrospective record should be done natively first of all IMHO
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:38 AM   #11
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanick View Post
Retrospective record should be done natively first of all IMHO
I'm not sure you understand what "natively" means. If Cockos will implement that eventually, I suppose this NATIVE thing will have pretty same code around same API, just in another language.

At the same time yes, would be nice to have it available for regular users, who aren't into digging reapack and even scripting. Also the script still require inspecting to check for possible errors etc.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:42 AM   #12
Yanick

Quote:
At the same time yes, would be nice to have it available for regular users, who aren't into digging reapack and even scripting.
This is what I mean
Quote:
I'm not sure you understand what "natively" means. If Cockos will implement that eventually, I suppose this NATIVE thing will have pretty same code around same API, just in another language.
Yes, it was probably more correct to say it differently - add this feature without scripting

Last edited by Yanick; 10-28-2021 at 02:56 AM.
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:22 AM   #13
paaltio

Quote:
[*]# ReaScript: MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent reports VKB as being enabled for MIDI input
[*]# ReaScript: update MIDI_GetRecentInputEvent to also return playback position, if any
Thanks for the great work on this!

As far as I can tell this function is not capturing bank/program selects right now, at least from the Virtual MIDI keyboard input. So this means Reaticulate articulation changes are not being captured with this. Is there anything that could be done to accommodate this?
paaltio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #14
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaltio View Post
Thanks for the great work on this!

As far as I can tell this function is not capturing bank/program selects right now, at least from the Virtual MIDI keyboard input. So this means Reaticulate articulation changes are not being captured with this. Is there anything that could be done to accommodate this?
How are bank/program selects being sent to the Virtual MIDI keyboard input? StuffMIDIMessage()?

Ah: looks like MIDI_SetAllEvts() is too picky about the PC/CP event lengths (it requires len=2 for those, making it accept len=3 too)

Last edited by Justin; 10-28-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #15
paaltio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Ah: looks like MIDI_SetAllEvts() is too picky about the PC/CP event lengths (it requires len=2 for those, making it accept len=3 too)
Awesome, thanks very much!
Old 10-30-2021, 01:09 AM   #16
paaltio

Posting a note here in case someone is wondering why it still doesn't work with final v6.39... I did a little checking into Reaticulate and realized it doesn't run StuffMIDIMessage unless in record. So I actually was barking up the wrong tree, but by chance there was also an issue in that other tree, making me almost not look like an idiot!

So for anyone interested in using it with this, you need to change this line in the script as of Reaticulate 0.4.7.

To be clear the change Justin outlined was also very necessary, as the messages were not coming back correctly due to the length limit.

Now with these two changes all is good!