Old 10-03-2021, 05:42 AM   #1
Burnsjethro
Human being with feelings

Default Duplicating a Melodyned track

I know the subject of Melodyne has been endlessly aired in these forums but a spot of advice please.

I have a Melodyned lead vocal track that has been tuned to my satisfaction. So I thought of doing a bit of finetuning. Instead of running the risk of losing my edits, I duplicated the track. As you may have guessed the duplicated track had lost the edits. Fortunately, the original track was unaltered.

The best way to do this, I suppose, would be to do all the editing of the original track and then render it.
But I never manage to do it all in one session and if I unrender the track all the edits are bound to have disappeared. How do you others go about this, if you plan to edit over several sessions?
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
SonicAxiom

I render the melodyned sections as new, additional takes into the original item so that I can still go back to the original state if necessary. If I have to revisit an already melodyned section, I'd open and pitch-correct the already corrected portion in Melodyne and then render this as a third take.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
Burnsjethro

Thanks for your reply
Burnsjethro is offline   Reply With Quote