Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-21-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
narrsam
Human being with feelings

Default Playing duplicate notes to trigger multiple velocity layers on the same note

Hello,

I have a Kontakt percussion instrument that rely heavily on velocity layers, putting sometimes samples for different instruments on the same note with different velocity triggers/ranges. It also comes with pre-programmed midi loops that I can drag and drop inside the host DAW.

When I use it in Reaper, only one of the layered notes play and the others are clipped/muted. This also happens in Ableton and Bitwig Studio... It only works in FL Studio and Cubase.

Is there an option that I can switch to force Reaper to send all the duplicate notes to Kontakt? I remember reading about it somewhere a long time ago but can't find it.
narrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
juan_r

Off the top of my head, maybe having the notes on different tracks/lanes could work?
Or painting/recording them in different tracks/items, then gluing/merging them into one item?
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:03 AM   #3
narrsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Off the top of my head, maybe having the notes on different tracks/lanes could work?
Or painting/recording them in different tracks/items, then gluing/merging them into one item?
Thanks for the reply Juan, definitely putting notes on separate tracks would solve the problem, but this is what I'm trying to avoid. It's a lot of work, I actually ended up putting together a small program that splits the duplicate notes into different tracks, but I was hoping that there is a setting that would let me trigger duplicate notes in Reaper without having to work on the original midi files.
narrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:49 AM   #4
juan_r

Unrelated, but there has been recent discussion of overlapping MIDI notes here
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...68&postcount=1
Maybe some of those experts know more.
Have you googled the subject? It might help.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote