Old 12-26-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
wtdrisco
Human being with feelings

Default New M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49

I recently purchased the new M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 and it has a DAW selector. In the list of many they have REAPER. I tried to follow the steps of selecting REAPER, but have no idea on what this does? I do not see any thing managed by the sliders and knobs Just wanted to see if any other REAPER user has experience with this?
wtdrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
calan

Trying to figure out the same thing with a new oxygen pro 61.

If the factory "Reaper control mapping" doesn't do anything, what's the point? What am I missing?
calan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
bigtop

Did you solve this issue?
I found this in m audio manual...

In order for these shortcuts to work with your DAW, PC needs to be set to Win (Windows) or Mac in Oxygen Pro 49’s Global Settings menu. To access the Global Settings menu on the Display, hold Shift and press the Mode Button. Use the Select/Scroll Encoder to adjust the setting according to your PC type, and then press the Back Button to exit the menu.

Also make sure reaper settings enabled for control messages in prefs MIDI devices

Click ok.

Sometimes need to restart reaper with oxygen 49 pro already connected and on

Good luck
Old 01-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
wtdrisco

Yes - I did all the following the manual (for the other DAWS). I even called M-Audio Support (will very little to no help) from the tech that answered.. They have no idea. I am not sure if it is just VERSION changes from REAPER on their control calls? But none of the control functions will do anything to the PLAY - RECORD - FORWARD - REVERSE - or track VOLUMEs. Weird..
wtdrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #5
DavidSinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtdrisco View Post
I recently purchased the new M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 and it has a DAW selector. In the list of many they have REAPER. I tried to follow the steps of selecting REAPER, but have no idea on what this does? I do not see any thing managed by the sliders and knobs Just wanted to see if any other REAPER user has experience with this?
Hi,

I have managed to setup up my Oxygen Pro 49 to work with Reaper the exception that I cannot re-assign faders. In Preferences,
1. MIDI devices
Input: Oxygen Pro 49 (Enable input from this device, Enable input for control messages)
Output: Oxygen Pro 49 (Enable output to this device)

2. Control/OSC/web
Mackie Control Universal
MIDI Input: MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro 49)
MIDI Output: None

All the transport controls and default assignments of sliders, buttons and knobs work fine. Setting the Mackie Control Universal MIDI Output to None was necessary (when it was MIDIOUT3 there was some weird effects).

I cannot re-assign sliders though. If I remove MIDIIN3 from Control surfaces and added to MIDI devices, I can re-assign sliders but lose the transport controls.

I hope that helps.
DavidSinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #6
rKeeling75

Thanks for that help, it got me started. Any luck getting the pan to work?
rKeeling75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #7
bigtop

My M Audio Oxygen49 is not the pro version but I set up all the pans/knobs/faders/transport controls using reaper action list. It took a little time but it'a the way I want it now. You have to be careful with transport buttons (relative vs absolute/one press vs press/release, and this goes for any of the push buttons). I think the Pro version has a set up but it might not assign everything the way you want. Also, if you change your mind, you can re assign. Action list lets you save your set up. You can have several set ups and save them.

If the Pro version has a "ready to go" set up, it's worth remembering that it may not be the set up that you prefer depending on what your workflow is.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #8
divanorosso

Hello,
anyone have any news on knobs configuration? Impossible to use them inside Reaper. I can return my Oxygen pro 61 by April 5th. If there is no news from m-audio I think I will return it. And I will also return the hammer pro 88 that is coming to me.
divanorosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by divanorosso View Post
Hello,
anyone have any news on knobs configuration? Impossible to use them inside Reaper. I can return my Oxygen pro 61 by April 5th. If there is no news from m-audio I think I will return it. And I will also return the hammer pro 88 that is coming to me.
It is not impossible, be not alarmed. I've been digging into this keyboard and its integration capabilities and it is really capable. I just had no issue assigning knobs while also using the Mackie control emulation. It is perhaps of note that by default their channel is like channel 13 and that you may need to hold "Shift" and hit "Preset/Select" on the keyboard, then fiddle with the knobs one by one and use the push-button rotary selector to manually change them to a channel your VSTs are listening to.

My only complaint about this keyboard is the pitch wheel is terrible at this time and clearly malfunctioning, apart from that this is just a really capable MIDI controller and it has integrated very powerfully with Reaper for me with easy control and selection etc., good fader usage, knobs work fine, all that.

Oh, I can't figure out how to send a MIDI clock to it that will work with its External Clock setting. That's my one gripe. I just sync the tempo manually, it's pretty easy, but it would be very convenient if it worked. Edit: Also the pitch wheel, but allegedly there's an update coming to fix that "soon."

Last edited by Agreed; 04-06-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Agreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #10
divanorosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed View Post
My only complaint about this keyboard is the pitch wheel is terrible at this time and clearly malfunctioning.
The pitch wheel issue was reported in January (youtube search "oxygen pro issue"). The answer was that "the firmware update will be released soon". We are in mid-April. I will return it. If a firmware update is released then I will buy it again.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #11
divanorosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed View Post
It is not impossible, be not alarmed. I've been digging into this keyboard and its integration capabilities and it is really capable. I just had no issue assigning knobs while also using the Mackie control emulation. It is perhaps of note that by default their channel is like channel 13 and that you may need to hold "Shift" and hit "Preset/Select" on the keyboard, then fiddle with the knobs one by one and use the push-button rotary selector to manually change them to a channel your VSTs are listening to.
Ok, I wasn't referring to the vst. I was referring to the impossibility of using the knobs as pan of any single track. Can you set them up?
Old 05-06-2021, 06:13 AM   #12
Ad0

If you map knob 1 to cutoff on a plugin in the automapper, does it reflect the "cutoff" parameter name in the OLED display?
Ad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:15 AM   #13
jsulik

Default oxygen pro 61 FULLY unlocking midi cc assign for knobs and faders

hey if you have the oxygen pro in preferences goto midi devives select oxygen pro on the midi input right click and enable it then enable control signals
these settings allow midi signal to be sent from the midi keyboard to the computer
next
uyou have to enable your keyboard built in settings so first hold the daw select button make sure its on reaper
then hold the preset select button and scroll over to a user preset
this will unlock the faders and knobs for cc midi assignment
if you arent on a user preset then the faders and knobs will be preconfigured and locked from user reconfiguration

next
goto OSC settings and select mackie universal controller and enable midiIN3 this setting will allow the midi keyboards play stop record and loop buttons to work on the face of your midi keyboard this also allows reapers midi/cc learn function to work when mapping plugin parameters but lets say you want to map your controller's faders to your daw's mixer faders, this would require you to use realearn

You can download the free ReaLearn plugin from this website: https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/.

the last thing i did to be able to FULLY map ANY of my oxygen 61 pro's controls to virtual daw parameters such as track volume and pan etc.. to do this I used the REALEARN plugin.
just download and install realearn into your plugins
follow these instructions this tutorial will help but you need to skip to timestamp 4:29 for the realearn tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrYrAxnB19I

you can find other youtube tutorials that show you how to do what i just described but you will have to do the basic search to find oxygen 61 pro and how to get connected and setup
however some of the info in this post I figured out on my own and could not find else where
good luck

Last edited by jsulik; 09-26-2021 at 03:29 AM.
jsulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:05 AM   #14
cmaness94

Sorry for reviving an old thread and if this is a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solid answer. (this is also my first time on this forum)

I recently purchased a Oxygen 49 (not the pro model) and I have everything set up the way I would like it to be using the action list and midi learn functions. However, the Rec. transport function is also being triggered while I play a specific note on the keypad. This is super annoying when trying to work out parts or record. The function of the transport button itself works as it should. I hope that makes sense.

The REC. button on the Oxygen is appearing as "MIDI Chan 1 Note 95"

Is there a work around for this?
cmaness94 is offline   Reply With Quote