Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
Powermac
Human being with feelings

Default Why is Reaper still losing connection to different VST plugins?!!

I am having continuous problems with Reaper all of a sudden losing connection (not recognizing) various plugins. I am beyond confused and at the point of giving up on it as my DAW. I'm not doing anything to the program for this to happen. I will power up my computer (Windows 10, 16 gigs of ram) and the VST that worked for two months is no longer recognized, and out of nowhere. I do a re-scan and nothing.

This has happened multiple times over the last two months with everything from Waves plugins, to Valhalla, and now my Pro C-2 plugin. Can anyone shed any light on this before I move on? Any help is appreciated. I used Reaper for 8 months with no issue whatsoever, but that is no longer the case.

Thanks in advance
Powermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermac View Post
I am having continuous problems with Reaper all of a sudden losing connection (not recognizing) various plugins. I am beyond confused and at the point of giving up on it as my DAW. I'm not doing anything to the program for this to happen. I will power up my computer (Windows 10, 16 gigs of ram) and the VST that worked for two months is no longer recognized, and out of nowhere. I do a re-scan and nothing.

This has happened multiple times over the last two months with everything from Waves plugins, to Valhalla, and now my Pro C-2 plugin. Can anyone shed any light on this before I move on? Any help is appreciated. I used Reaper for 8 months with no issue whatsoever, but that is no longer the case.

Thanks in advance

Not surprising at all since you have waves installed.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Billy M
Human being with feelings

Are there any changes you might have made before this happens, as far as installing/updating Waves plugins via Waves Central, adding/updating other plugins, etc? Are both VST2 and VST3 plugins having the problem? Have you checked to see if the folders/plugin paths are still correct in Prefs/Plug-ins/VST?