Old 09-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
Travesty
Human being with feelings

Default Lokasenna Adjust ReaSamplomatic 5000 pitch offset

Hi,

I was trying to use Lokasenna Adjust ReaSamplomatic 5000 pitch offset with a relative CC controller (xtouch mini).

I checked the output and it is outputting the correct values -63 +65 at least according to this thread:

https://forums.cockos.com/showthread...31#post2015431

But the parameter only ever goes in one direction.
I think I've tried every combination of relative on controller and binding, but I'm pretty sure relative 2 is the correct one.
Did anyone manage to get this to work?

Cheers
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
Lokasenna

Sounds like your controller is still putting out absolute values. See if this helps: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...31&postcount=4
Old 09-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
Travesty

Thanks for the reply, I don't think it is. It's set to relative 2 mode in the config application, and I checked it in the bitwig midi monitor to make sure, and it's showing <63 for left and >64 for right
Old 09-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
Lokasenna

Hmm... I see one possible bug in the code, but I don't have a MIDI device to play with anymore. If you don't mind being a guinea pig, when I get home I'll try to make a couple of different versions for you to try.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
Travesty

Sure, thanks a lot
Old 10-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #6
Lokasenna

Turns out it was an undocumented Reaper behavior causing trouble. I've got a fix working on my end, should be on ReaPack shortly.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
Travesty

Ah ok, brilliant. I had a quick look at it last night and couldn't see what was wrong, glad you sorted it out.

I was intending to make versions for the other parameters too, but the way it's integrated with Reapack I'm not sure I could. Would I be able to make the modifications and submit them to you?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Ah ok, brilliant. I had a quick look at it last night and couldn't see what was wrong, glad you sorted it out.

I was intending to make versions for the other parameters too, but the way it's integrated with Reapack I'm not sure I could. Would I be able to make the modifications and submit them to you?
If you can get something working, by all means.

- The script is reliant on its filename for determining the mode (last touched, selected track, focused) and value to apply, so adding other parameters would require more logic there. You can copy/paste the script to a new file and name it whatever you want for testing purposes.

- In your test version, you'll probably want to change the line local dm = false at the top to true to see some of the debug messages. You can add your own with dMsg("Whatever you want here").

- RS5K's other parameters will have different multipliers for converting their displayed values to and from what the script uses, which can require some tinkering to work out, and then you would need more logic to handle that as well.

I'll try to find the test script I was using when I first wrote this, but I probably won't have a chance until at least tomorrow.