Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
zoso2
Human being with feelings

Default Heal splits in takes within their respective lanes

I have numerous takes on a track. My settings were set so that new recordings overlapping previous items split and created new takes, this is the default behavior. In hind sight I guess I should have recorded in "layer mode" instead but I digress. Right now I have these splits in the takes that are totally useless to me since I'm not going to be comping these takes together the usual way. Is there a way to heal the splits in all the takes? I know if I crop to active take I can heal these splits in a single take but I want to keep all the takes in their lanes, visible at all times as whole seamless takes with no splits. Is there any way of doing this?
zoso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
foxAsteria

you can use sws extensions to "explode" them into tracks, do the healing and then "implode" them back into takes. search those quoted terms in the action list if you have sws installed.

also, for complicated comping, i find it much easier to work with takes on individual tracks. the splitting of takes is something people complain about a lot around here, but there are several pretty easy workarounds. if you do like using the take system, the splits are quite useful if you turn off take lanes. and just cycle takes for the split sections.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
zoso2

I do find the splitting useful when I am comping together takes. my needs at this moment are irregular though and I'll look at the extensions you mentioned, Thanks!
zoso2 is offline   Reply With Quote