Old 08-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
Zudo
Human being with feelings

Default POD UX2 and Reaper

Hi,

I have a problem recording instruments on Reaper with my POD UX2 I hope someone can help me cause I´m a newbie lol so, while I'm recording the sound is great then I stop recording and play it again but the sound I hear it´s not so good as when i was recording, why??? The difference isn't massive but it's there, the sound looses it´s bright, can anyone help me?

Cheers
Zudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
phase3

Are you monitoring the sound through reaper and through the UX2? There could be a chance that you are hearing both the sound recording and also the sound coming straight through the UX2?

Are you using gearbox as a program to re-route the sound into reaper or are you just getting the input straight into reaper?
phase3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Zudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase3 View Post
Are you monitoring the sound through reaper and through the UX2? There could be a chance that you are hearing both the sound recording and also the sound coming straight through the UX2?

Are you using gearbox as a program to re-route the sound into reaper or are you just getting the input straight into reaper?
Yes, when I record I turn on the monitoring button to hear what I'm playing.
I don't think there´s a chance of that hapening cause reaper is recording in real time, but I´m not shure...

I´m getting the input straight into reaper then I use guitar rig or amplitube...

Thank´s for trying to help!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
phase3

I think sometimes I notice a little of brightness dropping when recording through Amplitube simply because you can't hear the noise from the strings anymore. I've noticed that I tend to lose a lot of attack, possibly just because you can't hear the sound acoustically from the electric guitar anymore.

Try recording with headphones instead of through monitors?
phase3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Zudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase3 View Post
I think sometimes I notice a little of brightness dropping when recording through Amplitube simply because you can't hear the noise from the strings anymore. I've noticed that I tend to lose a lot of attack, possibly just because you can't hear the sound acoustically from the electric guitar anymore.

Try recording with headphones instead of through monitors?
Yes, guess that is true but I in my case the bright loss is greater than that, could it be limitation of the soundcard (POD UX2)?

Anyway I will try what you sugest.

Once again thank you.