Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
Bansaw
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper support for videos with Aegisub subtitle files ?

Looking at doing a video dubbing and I have a video but also a separate Aegisub video file.

Can I get Reaper to load up the video and point to the right subtitle file and display it as an overlay ?

Do I have to name the subtitle file a certain way for Reaper to pick it up ?
Bansaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
Bansaw

I think this actually has something to do with DirectVobSub which sits in the background and enables Windows Media Player to overlay subtitles from a file-with-the-same-name in the same directory, either a .srt file or .ass file.

I installed DirectVobSub and there's upposed to be a tray icon but its not there.

Last edited by Bansaw; 05-02-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Bansaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
X-Raym

As far as I know REAPER will not load any media not on the timeline,

so to have subtitles, you can have SRT, and import them with a script (this already exist: Script: HeDa_Import SRT.lua), and use a script to push this text content to the video processor instance.

Maybe it can be a bit simpler with the gmem new functions using global memory but this hasn't been done yet as far as I know.

EDIT: Ok I had a bit og gmem test code, I confirm it would theorically be possible to use text items WIHOUT having to have a video processor instance on every items. In fact, even regions could be used in this case, but text items is preferable if you need multiline text. It would also require making a custom script for video processor which could read those data, but possible.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote