Old 10-18-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
CDS
Human being with feelings

Default Ryzen and win 7

Ryzen and win 7 functioning very well now, I'm happy that I have it working now.
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
CDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
Ryzen and win 7 functioning very well now, I'm happy that I have it working now.
I installed the boot drive in the Ryzen system from my prior system then updated the system drivers.

Last edited by CDS; 10-18-2018 at 02:38 PM.
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #3
mikeroephonics

Wee you having issues with a Ryzen system earlier? I'm looking to build a new DAW with possibly a Ryzen 3900x CPU. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeroephonics View Post
Wee you having issues with a Ryzen system earlier? I'm looking to build a new DAW with possibly a Ryzen 3900x CPU. Thanks.
I just built a new machine based on the Ryzen 3700X. The boot SSD from my previous DAW was dual boot Win7 and Xubuntu Linux.

The first time I tried booting the Win7 side it appeared that it might actually work, but then Windows popped up the "Found New Hardware" thing and proceeded to nuke the entire USB bus, which was working before Windows fixed it for me.

Bottom line is Windows 7 isn't being supported any longer, so unless someone hacks together some drivers for the chipsets that support the new Ryzens, Windows 7 will have a bunch of "Unknown Hardware" entries in the Device Manager.

I ended up nuking the Windows 7 side of the dual boot SSD and just run Xubuntu Linux now. Windows 10 would work on my hardware, but I have no interest in running that OS.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote