Old 01-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
Musiccreator
Human being with feelings

Default Presonus Fader Port8-MIDI mode

Hello everyone! I am trying to configure my faderport to work in midi mode to control the cc values when working in the Spitfire VST plugin ( expression control etc).
I know that in the latest firmware version, they made it possible to work in two modes, these are MCU control and MIDI.
I downloaded all the latest firmware updates and update the controller. Everything works fine, but I cannot activate the control in the mode MIDI.
Perhaps I made some wrong settings in the Reaper or in the controller itself. Maybe someone is working with this controller knows a solution?
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
Funkybot

If you were open to checking out CSI, you could always just keep the Faderport8 in whatever Control Surface mode and create plugin mappings for the faders. Not sure if that would meet your needs, but it's the first thing that came to mind for me.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #3
Musiccreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
If you were open to checking out CSI, you could always just keep the Faderport8 in whatever Control Surface mode and create plugin mappings for the faders. Not sure if that would meet your needs, but it's the first thing that came to mind for me.
give me instructions step by step.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
give me instructions step by step.
Sure, here you go:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

It's a lot to take in all at once so start slow. But basically, download and setup CSI according to the Wiki. Don't forget to disable the FaderPort8 MIDI Device in Reaper's Preferences (common mistake). I'm pretty sure Faderport is included in the list of surfaces that come with the CSI download. If so, that should just work right off the bat as long as you followed the setup instructions on the wiki and the surface is in the correct operating mode. After that, read the pages on the Wiki about FX zon's.

CSI takes Reaper into being one of the best DAWs for Control Surfaces just because of how flexible it is and how it allows you to combine and customize surfaces. No other DAW has anything that deep.

If you get stuck, or need help, come on over to the CSI Setup thread in this forum where I, and others, can help get you sorted out.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #5
Musiccreator

[QUOTE=Funkybot;2391984]Sure, here you go:

I installed everything according to the instructions. But unfortunately, I can't save in the settings. I made a video recording. I also wrote this in a separate thread, but I will be grateful for your help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9O...ature=youtu.be

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....22#post2392022