Old 01-03-2021, 01:26 AM   #1
Nos402
Human being with feelings

Default Korg nanoKONTROL Reaper Maps

Huge thanks to audiooutsource for doing the vast majority of the work in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....ht=nanokontrol

The Korg nanoKONTROL is super cool but a LOT of work get working in Reaper. He made it super easy. I'm just posting my files here as I did some personal preference tweaks so if they can be of help to anyone else as his were to me I wanted to make them available.

From his original post:
This gives you 5 banks of 8 channel controls (40 channels total) using the Scene button to scroll through.
Fader and Pan are set to soft takeover (is, no sudden jumps in value)
FFWD and RWD are set to the 'fwd a little bit' and 'rwd a little bit' commands
Jog wheel is set to fine scrubbing
Markers, cycle, and transport are as you would expect (Press play twice for pause).

My changes:
I made all the global transport keys (except "Cycle" which works correctly indicating the on/off status of "Repeat") "Momentary" instead of "Toggle." Otherwise the LEDs could easily get out of sync in various circumstances. For example: press Play (LED comes on), press Stop (LED comes on, so now the transport is stopped but the Stop and Play keys are lit). Press Next Marker (LED comes on and stays on) press it again to go to the next marker (LED goes off).

So now they all only light when pressed then go off. To make this work, I also had to change all the Reaper key assignments from "Absolute" to "Relative 1" in the MIDI CC dropdown menu of the Edit Shortcut window.

I also changed all the Solo assignments from "Toggle Solo for Track #(MIDI CC/OSC Only)" to "Toggle Solo for Track #" because for some reason the first one wouldn't make the Solo buttons in reaper light up even though it would solo the track. Strangely, the Mutes all work fine with the MIDI CC/OSC assignments.

To get this all set up, first you have to open Korg Kontrol Editor, File>Open>HA-nanoKONTROL.nktrl_st_set

I don't know if this is actually necessary, but just in case you might also then go to Global>Open>HA-nanoKONTROL.nktrl_st_glob

Then in Reaper, Actions>Show Action List. I highly recommend you Keymap>Export Shortcut Keymap just to be safe and have a backup of your current keymap.

Then Keymap>Import Shortcut Keymap>nanoKONTROL.ReaperKeyMap which *should* just import the nanoKONTROL related maps and not overwrite anything you already have assigned.

Also make sure you have enabled the nanoKONTROL in Options>Preferences>MIDI Devices (I forgot to do that at first and wondered why I couldn't get it working).

I think that's about it. Any problems or anything, reply here and I'll see what I can do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nanoKONTROL-Reaper.zip (2.1 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by Nos402; 01-03-2021 at 02:03 AM.
Nos402 is offline   Reply With Quote