Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default How create page-wise scrolling (of tracklist) in Reaper?

I've been wanting to use my computer keyboard 'page up' and 'page down' buttons, to scroll the tracklist vertically up and down, pagewise. Kindof what you can do with a long PDF document or long web page.

I have found only 1 relevant action for this: "Xenakios/SWS: scroll track view position down (page)" - down OR up respectively.

But this action doesn't scroll 1 page up/down for me. It scrolls much further than 1 page. Meaning, if I scroll down, the content I see at top of screen is not the immediate continuation of what I saw at the bottom of the screen before I pressed page up/down. There are tracks in between those two points that gets skipped, because the scrolling is too far. To me anyway.

I'd like to know if this action does this do other people as well, or if it seems to be just me?

Also, if anyone knows a different method or action to help me install the functionality I'm talking about, I am listening intently.

Thx
(Reaper x64 5.7, win10)
Old 12-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colox View Post
I'd like to know if this action does this do other people as well, or if it seems to be just me?
Ya I see the same here (Win7). Seems those page up/down actions are just doing the exact same thing as if you clicked inside the vertical scrollbar which normally is same as a page up/down key command in most apps.

Problem here is Reaper is not using current track heights to calculate how much it should scroll on a page up/down call. Have no clue if this is Bug or Feature?

Last edited by Edgemeal; 01-05-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Colox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Ya I see the same here (Win7). Seems those page up/down actions are just doing the exact same thing as if you clicked inside the vertical scrollbar which normally is same as a page up/down key command in most apps.

Problem here is Reaper is not using current track heights to calculate how much it should scroll on a page up/down call. Have no clue if this is Bug or Feature?
Aha. Well, at least I'm not alone then. Feels a little better, in a weird sense :P Thx

SWS guys, are you in here reading around perhaps?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
_jon

+1 was looking for a solution for this.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote