Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
ljsviolin
Human being with feelings

Default tempo map envelope - minimum BPM value with mouse?

I have a question about the tempo map envelope in the master track. I have no problem creating envelope points and dragging them up/down to modify the tempo. But when moving a point down with the mouse (to lower the tempo), there seems to be a minimum value of 40 beats per minute (BPM), and I can't drag the point to a lower value.

I can manually edit the BPM value of the tempo change marker, and set it, say, to 20. But if I move it slightly with the mouse, to modify the tempo slightly, it 'snaps' back to a minimum value to 40 BPM.

I know 40 BPM is pretty slow, but still -). Is there some parameter I need to set for a minimum BPM for the master track? (I looked for one.)

I have a feeling this is operator error (mine); thanks for any help you can offer!

Larry Samuels
ljsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I'm pretty sure that's no user error. It's just orientated at metronomes and also electronic gear which both have a standard tempo range between 40 and 2xx bpm. You can change that manually but the input range of the mouse is limited for practical reasons (you probably can't achieve useful mouse behavior when you have a range between 0 and 1000 bpm to cover, so all mouse input is limited to certain ranges everywhere).
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
ljsviolin

Thanks for the confirmation! It's actually sort of surprising to run into a 'limitation' in the way Reaper works. It's so customizable, I just figured I was overlooking something.

I'm arranging a classical piece, a slow movement, already around 40 BPM (largo) and wanting to do a ritard, I started adjusting my tempo envelope with the mouse. That's how I ran into the 'wall' at the lower limit.

Of course, I can just enter tempo markers and manually edit the values; I just have to be careful not to try to adjust them with the mouse afterwards.

Thanks again!

Larry S.
ljsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:35 AM   #4
RobertWebb

I need this too. It's been 9 years since this post. I don't suppose Reaper has a setting hiding somewhere for minimum/maximum tempo shown in tempo track?

It's not uncommon to have a part slow down almost to a stand-still before picking up again.
RobertWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #5
jiff 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWebb View Post
I need this too. It's been 9 years since this post. I don't suppose Reaper has a setting hiding somewhere for minimum/maximum tempo shown in tempo track?

It's not uncommon to have a part slow down almost to a stand-still before picking up again.

I found this video from the Reaper blog very useful!

https://youtu.be/7hQrNxNoLvw