Old 10-24-2020, 03:54 AM   #1
Dimilyan
Human being with feelings

Default Initial Audio Sektor in Reaper

Colleagues, good afternoon!
I have a question for those who have the Sektor plugin from Initial Audio? How does he lead you in Reaper?

For me, this is the only plug-in that behaves indistinctly, namely: at the moment when I twist and release at least some knob or button, all the indicators on the synthesizer freeze for a split second. It feels like “loading” or “calculation” is in progress, which is expressed in fading (also, at the moment of dullness it is impossible to move the synthesizer window to another place).

I am attaching a video for demonstration:

https://youtu.be/O90VDs1L3Ig

In this video, for example, I load other synthesizers (Babylon, Diversion) and show their behavior, while focusing on how it should be.

Then I start Sektor and you may notice some dullness / freezes on it.

Then, along with the sector in one project, I launch the previous synthesizer (Diversion) and start twisting its knobs, and then dulls start to start and continue until I delete the sector.

Then I try to repeat the same trick with two synthesizers and Diversion has the same problem.

Earlier I tried to launch Sektor in FL Studio and this problem was not observed, therefore, there is some kind of conflict between Sektor and Reaper.

I tried running in Portable - the problem persists.
Tried VST2 and VST3 - the problem persists.

I contacted Initial Audio tech support and they don't know what to grab onto yet and need more information including Cockos tech support.

I really hope that I was able to convey the idea to you.
Dimilyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
Dimilyan

Guys, really nobody knows what the problem might be?
Can you please tell me how you can contact the developer of Riper?
Old 10-31-2020, 05:00 AM   #3
Held

I'm using Sektor under Linux with LinVST and it works fine. Edit: I tested it again, and I have the same problem. I guess I always assumed it had to do with LinVST and never noticed, but other plugins don't have that problem.

Here's their email: support@cockos.com

Last edited by Held; 10-31-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:13 AM   #4
Dimilyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held View Post
I'm using Sektor under Linux with LinVST and it works fine. Edit: I tested it again, and I have the same problem. I guess I always assumed it had to do with LinVST and never noticed, but other plugins don't have that problem.

Here's their email: support@cockos.com
Excellent. That is, since the problem has been repeated with other users, it will be easier to find and fix. I'll show this message to the plugin manufacturer. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #5
Daodan

Initial Audio and their support is garbage. Sektor not just freeze UI while you tweak knobs, it's also freeze UI when you open it and make horrible glitches in sound. Sound glitches happens in FL Studio too.
That's what they said:
"ah so you mean when you open the plugin you get a short clicky sound... this can be a threading issue. Check in your fl settings if multithreading is activated.. maybe this helps."
Multithreading is activated by default and it won't help.
Laggy peace of vst. Don't buy it even for 29$.
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #6
Held

They fixed the original issue in this thread pretty quickly, though. So experiences may vary. I'm quite happy with it. Wouldn't buy at full price, though.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #7
Dimilyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan View Post
Don't buy it even for 29$.
Quote:
They fixed the original issue in this thread pretty quickly, though. So experiences may vary. I'm quite happy with it. Wouldn't buy at full price, though.
I bought their product for $ 15.

I updated the system, or rather, reinstalled Windows, the problem has not gone away. That is, the problem also extends to a fresh system.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:12 AM   #8
Held

Strange. I installed the update to Sektor 1.4 from November 11 2020 and that fixed it for me.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:15 AM   #9
Dimilyan

Quote:
Strange. I installed the update to Sektor 1.4 from November 11 2020 and that fixed it for me.
Now, when you download the plugin from the manufacturer's website, it is already version 1.4. I just tried to reinstall the plugin, and still the situation has not changed.