Old 09-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
Atlantis
Human being with feelings

Default Quantum the WIP

This is a cap of a theme I created called
Quantum. I lost the theme but I will recreate it and this gives me capabilities
To do it better anyway. I just wanted to
Post a cap for feedback. Yes it is a theme working in reaper at capture. No it is not a ps mockup. No it is not deadware or abandonware. The width slider and stereo field analyzer are one jsknob pj. A very high accuracy square one. I want to also overlay the pan data visually too so as to see one graphic representation plus slider and metric data. The red in a stereo field element shows polarity rev. Along the bottom u can see that each channel shows the actual folder state not just first or last indicators but parent, child, last.
In the send area the level meter is split two strip image Indicating TOP L BOT R. This way the send meter can display the individual channel send data. Track VU mute images do not overlay a big gray block but a low alpha Overload one.
Many plans for layouts I also want to offer layout expansions that have background images of the panel that u may be using for processing or midi...say a TCP panel that is an image of a solar mt-32 sound module or or that is a Teleronix
La-2a if you are recording vocals or doing a track print. And have the knobs be the fx adjust ...ins para knobs. Maybe institute a led level here till full analog comes available...sort of like a trackstripper knock off but right in the theme. Any thoughts and or if anyone would care to use any of my ideas or even rip images.
Earlier pic was bad. Here.

I also had track no.s fixed n a lot of other stuff done. A whole record section
That pops up when active..etc..bottom buttons
Were for routing and spouting byp. I took the section between the mcp n extmix n made it another screen for vol., focus, index, record enable, etc, i this is just mainly to give the idea of the soundstage diagram basically...maybe someone could better it. Well thanx.

Last edited by Atlantis; 09-05-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #2
Pashkuli
Banned

Too busy on the eyes. After a few minutes of watching at it I just felt my eyes were going to intersect and implode.
I'll pass...
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Too busy on the eyes. After a few minutes of watching at it I just felt my eyes were going to intersect and implode.
I'll pass...
Sorry bad pic u may hafta try this one...may hafta zoom to get full effect without artefacts.
..idk just thought step field thing was cool idea
Old 09-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #4
krahosk

I really like the idea!
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Doc Brown

Oooooh. Very nice and sci-fi ish
Right up my alley. Proceed my good sir.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #6
+NRG

Looks good to me as well! B)
Old 09-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #7
DrKev

I think it looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing it for real, even if it is an unfinished WIP version. So hard to really judge from a screen shot.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
krahosk

I think what makes it a bit crowded from a previous comment is maybe the lines around the mute solo , monitor and record buttons. With the numerous fine line and 1 pixel thin elements, a solid object here and there would facilitate visual identification.
Love it.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 AM   #9
Pashkuli
Banned

I think it's got too many unnecessary lines around objects, buttons, etc.
I love simple GUI.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
sightlessness

I think it looks great, and the OP made it that way for a reason. I wouldn't use it but that doesn't mean is wrong. Lines around mute button or too many dots is something we may find cluttered, again it doesn't mean it's wrong. And I feel the OP made the theme for himself and wanted to share.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #11
Herr Nox

I think there's a very interesting idea in this theme right there. It has a nice 80s feel (not the flashy pink version, but the greyish NES/old computers type), which I love.

But as stated above, making it a little bit simpler would surely make it less demanding on the eyes.
Herr Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #12
Luster

Nice folder visualization. How does it look with nested folders?
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #13
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
Nice folder visualization. How does it look with nested folders?
Imagine the first (Parent folder mcp track) just repeated. The nested parent track is a parent folder track in appearance,but whereas a 'First' parent track has it's parent indicator lit, (as illustrated above), a nested parent folder will have it's child indicator lit.
This is a behavior which makes sense, but is not ideal. I am working on it. I also have another MCP layout which works better for nested folders.
I myself do not use them, I run my drums through one parent folder or [BUSS], with a SSL G buss comp on it, for example....this is my only usage of parent folders, I never nest. So going in, I guess the theme was designed for me more than other users, , also, I usually turn off indenting in the TCP per my personal preference.
I may scrap the whole idea of having the bottom inch and a quarter of the parent folder track continue into the next track. It took lots of time and patience to institute correctly, but IIt is just to unrealistic for most users.