Old 04-04-2023, 08:29 AM   #481
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
The second lets me download theme_assembler_0110.zip which if I understand right should be the very first version.
_0110 is the date of that version, which yes is the latest.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:38 AM   #482
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Can anyone tell me plz how to change item colors in the navigator for the assembler theme?

They used to use track colors in previous theme versions instead of the actual item colors, which I find much more helpful. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2023, 02:41 AM   #483
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

That's not something this script does.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:42 PM   #484
Jessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
_0110 is the date of that version, which yes is the latest.
Ahhh, a date not a version number, which is what misled me.

By the way, you might be interested in this:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....93#post2666693

I posted a thread about some scripts which allow one to very quickly turn any set of images or screenshots into icons for reaper toolbars.
There is a video example of some custom toolbars (a fun version and a normal version)

[img]example.png[/img]
Jessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:58 AM   #485
vsgrt

Thanks for this White Tie. Hugely appreciated.
vsgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:05 AM   #486
indigomirage

This is brilliant!

A question - does this script/support creating multiple layouts of TCP/MCP, etc? The default 6.0 theme has an A, B, C of each (with multiple sizes within). I'm not sure if your amazing script supports the many layouts (or how to shoe horn additional ones in once a theme is created.

Cheers!
indigomirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:41 AM   #487
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yes its the same.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:59 PM   #488
sensapaz

Thank you White Tie for making this. Life changing.

Does anyone know a trick to use the theme assembler script to modify an export previously saved with the TA script?

I have tried everything I could think of in terms of the renaming theme, resource folder, and RTconfig references -- so that it looks like the assembled theme, but no luck.

I find myself in the position of wanting to make a couple of more tweaks, but don't want to start from scratch. Thank you anyone.
sensapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #489
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

My advice : don't even read this post, let alone follow its instructions. This is how you break everything.

Oh you're still here. I'm assuming you have completely backed things up, have snugly fitted your underpants to your head, and you're really not going to blame me if anything goes wrong during this madness. Fine, let us proceed...

There's no trick, the script doesn't know anything or do anything clever. Whatever is in the 'Assembled_Theme_Resources' folder, that's its condition. So if you copy the contents of your 'myThemesName_Resources' into 'Assembled_Theme_Resources', replacing everything, and then restart the script and refresh the theme, that is now the Assembled Theme, and so that's where the script will be editing from.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #490
sensapaz

Thanks White Tie for the reply and the laughs.

You know I tried that (and lots of other unsanctioned 'manipulations' with copious iterative backups) but the theme I had originally made with the assembler and exported would just not cooperate.
The assembler had no problem recognizing it as its spawn, and threw no errors, but my theme somehow became immune to further changes. Click a meter style.... nothing, click a fader style.... nothing.

Changing the 'resource folder' entry within the theme file (to point to the assembler's resource folder instead of its own) didn't work; swapping the initial rtconfig file in the assembler's resource folder didn't work (well, it worked for font colors and such, but nothing graphical). I also tampered with the "Initial" source files in the script folder. No dice.

But in the end, I found a solution:
Stop crying, count my blessings, rebuild using the assembler from scratch, and just be happy to live with Assembled_Theme as my personal default going forward, using the export function for periodic backups.

Your assembler has vastly improved how I 'feel' in Reaper. My theme is nothing special, no bells, no whistles, just clarity and improved legibility where I need it. Thanks for playing a large part both in accomplishing that and changing the task to something largely painless.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:56 PM   #491
mark2112

Default Track Name Height

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangmytr View Post
Hi,

Today I just realize that my trackname_bg (the dark one in your theme config) is quite a bit larger/taller than the fader. It looks a bit weird but I don't really know what have I done that can make it appears like that.

I try a clean theme with nothing changed and it looks like it should: the background and the fader are on the same line.

Please help!

P/S: After some testing, I can pretty sure that this minor bug only happens in 150% scaling. 100% and 200% are not affected. I tried changing some background image but nothing changed yet.
mark2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 04:24 AM   #492
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Sorry, that's an oversight in the theme code. Its on my list to fix.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:39 PM   #493
sensapaz

Default SOLVED: mcp.meter text color making me crazy

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::
SOLUTION / UPDATE 230601 TO ORIGINAL POST:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::

I have learned the error of my ways, and also the limits of my understanding.

1. For master.mcp.meter* I didn't realize the 4th octet (or integer?) of an RGB color coordinate was also in play.
Changing that to a higher valued 'honored' the color I was expecting from the first 3 values.

2. For mcp.meter* I removed the argument !labelsMode{0} before the 4-octet color value. This honored the colors set there.

I checked the WALTER reference, and couldn't find an explanation of the role of the 4th value, or of the !labelsMode{0}.

Can someone clarify for me or point me to a good resource? Thanks for bearing with me.

:::::::::::::::::::::
ORIGINAL POST
:::::::::::::::::::::

Hello all. I am using an Assembled Theme I'm quite happy with.

However, I can not for the life of me change the color of the text of the mcp meter scales.

See attached screenshot.
Red rectangles represent all instances of meter text I am referring to:
4 areas on the master (left, right, middle, top text) and
1 on other tracks (middle text).

Here are excerpts from my assembled theme's rtconfig:

Quote:
set master.tcp.meter - - + meter_sec * scale [5 2 -5 -5] [0 0 tcp.mute{2}] [0 0 tcp_padding{0}]
set master.tcp.meter.vu.div [1]
set master.tcp.meter.readout.color [100 100 100 255 255 183 171 255]
set master.tcp.meter.scale.color.lit.bottom [0 0 0 200 0 0 0 0]
set master.tcp.meter.scale.color.lit.top [0 0 0 200 0 0 0 0]
set master.tcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.bottom [255 255 255 120 0 0 0 0]
set master.tcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.top [255 255 255 120 0 0 0 0]

set mcp.meter.vu.div [1 1]
set mcp.meter.readout.color !labelsMode{0} [216 216 216 0 0 0 0 0] [216 216 216 255 255 183 171 255]
set mcp.meter.scale.color.lit.bottom !labelsMode{0} [255 255 255 0 0 0 0 0] [0 0 0 170 0 0 0 0]
set mcp.meter.scale.color.lit.top !labelsMode{0} [255 255 255 0 0 0 0 0] [0 0 0 170 0 0 0 0]
set mcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.bottom !labelsMode{0} [255 255 255 0 0 0 0 0] ?recarm [255 64 0 255 0 0 0 0] [255 255 255 60 0 0 0 0]
set mcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.top !labelsMode{0} [255 255 255 0 0 0 0 0] ?recarm [255 64 0 255 0 0 0 0] [255 255 255 60 0 0 0 0]
Nothing I change there has changed the meter text color.

I checked the WALTER reference and it certainly seems these are the right parameters.

However, I also noticed one listed in the reference is missing from the rtconfig: mcp.meter.rmsreadout.color
Adding it manually has no effect.

For starters I would be happy with changing all meter text everywhere to pure white.

Thanks for any tips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter text color mcp.jpg (73.5 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg SOLVED meter text color mcp.jpg (75.5 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by sensapaz; 06-01-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:58 PM   #494
TommyZai

Wonderful work!
TommyZai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:00 AM   #495
zamboknee

Can you use this to adjust the size of TEXT? For instance the 'selection size' text to the right of the transport bar?
zamboknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 06:30 PM   #496
fourdogslong

Default Light color

Thanks for this,

I was able to make a theme that I really like pretty easily, even though I spent a lot of time tweaking everything.

What I haven't seen though is if there's a way to tweak the dark gray color of the TCP and MCP? Is that doable?
fourdogslong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 03:45 AM   #497
KuulArt

Does this work with Reaper 7.0?
KuulArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 04:30 AM   #498
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yes; Reaper maintains backwards compatibility with every theme ever made. The script will also work fine. This is the way.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:55 AM   #499
KuulArt

Quote:
Yes; Reaper maintains backwards compatibility with every theme ever made. The script will also work fine. This is the way.
I meant with the Default Reaper 7.0 theme. I have an older version of the assembler script and when trying to create a new theme it uses Reaper 6.0 theme but with that I can not use Theme 7.0 Adjuster.
To be short, I only need to swap fader meters for the 7.0 theme.

I will check if updating to the latest Assmbler Script I can use the 7.0 theme as the basis.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:58 AM   #500
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

No, this script creates its own theme which is based on the default 6 theme. The default 7 theme is a different theme.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:12 AM   #501
KuulArt

Quote:
No, this script creates its own theme which is based on the default 6 theme. The default 7 theme is a different theme.
Ahh... Is it possible to use meters from 6.0 in the 7.0 theme manually? Or the themes are way different.
Also - do you plan on making a version with the 7.0 theme as the basis?

EDIT:
Got it, manually changed the meters from 6.0 to 7.0.

A version of assembler using 7.0 as basis would still be cool!

Last edited by KuulArt; 10-17-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:30 AM   #502
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuulArt View Post
A version of assembler using 7.0 as basis would still be cool!
Sure I agree, but let me just put that in perspective : that wouldn't be a version, that would be me doing the vast majority of the work I've done for this theme assembler, all over again, at slightly different sizes. Which would be a staggering amount of work to reach pretty much the same point we're already at : a Reaper theme you can assemble from parts. OK, this is already that. See what I mean?
Old 10-17-2023, 08:04 AM   #503
fourdogslong

Here's a screenshot of the colors I'd like to change, anybody knows how I can change these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (18).jpg (181.6 KB, 168 views)
Old 01-11-2024, 01:25 PM   #504
Subz

WTAF!!!

Only just now found this! (in my defence, I was not using the default Reaper 6 theme)

This looks absolutely amazing!
Off to play!

Subz

Last edited by Subz; 01-18-2024 at 06:30 PM. Reason: because me stoopid!
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:16 PM   #505
foxAsteria

Quote:
I've been finding myself repeatedly needing to check I haven't slipped into an alternate dimension, one where I didn't make the theme assembler.
Not to be pushy but are you still working on this at all? It says WIP and I do run into consistency issues with the tcp label being too tall or the arm/monitor buttons being to small at 150% and the window itself never retains its size.

But it would be super cool to have the newer 7.0 elements available in the assembler.

Just asking...
Old 01-17-2024, 03:06 PM   #506
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

No, I'm currently working on something else, as you yourself just cross-posted. Don't do that please. As I say in post #1, this script may be rough around the edges but the themes it produces and fully functional, and continue to be so in Reaper v7.

The version 7 default theme is an entirely different thing to this. There is nothing needed for me to do to make this ready for Reaper v7, because it already is. This script produces themes that are fully functional in Reaper v7.

Last edited by White Tie; 01-17-2024 at 04:18 PM.
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:03 PM   #507
abnegative

Alternate dimension where effect precedes cause:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Not to be pushy but are you still working on this at all? It says WIP and I do run into consistency issues with the tcp label being too tall or the arm/monitor buttons being to small at 150% and the window itself never retains its size.

But it would be super cool to have the newer 7.0 elements available in the assembler.

Just asking...
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:39 AM   #508
fourdogslong

I made a theme with the theme assembler, and then I tweaked it further, replaced pngs, added stuff from other themes and renamed it, etc...

Now I would like to make the tracks colored, they had the color set to 0 initially in the theme assembler.
Since I made all these changes and renamed it, I cannot go back in theme assembler to change the track tint.

I read that changing the TCP_bg.png to one with a different transparency would work, I downloaded some of these png from another thread by White Tie, but they only change the small colored area to the left of my TCP, not the whole TCP highlighted in red in my joined image.
Any cue who to achieve what I want?

Thank you

Old 01-28-2024, 10:29 AM   #509
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Changing the tcp_bg transparency is also how this script does it, and yes before Reaper 7 that means image swaps. So : make a new theme assembler theme. Use the script to set its panel transparency the way you like. Then just steal its tcp_bg images for your other theme.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:23 AM   #510
fourdogslong

Quote:
Changing the tcp_bg transparency is also how this script does it, and yes before Reaper 7 that means image swaps. So : make a new theme assembler theme. Use the script to set its panel transparency the way you like. Then just steal its tcp_bg images for your other theme.
Thanks for the answer, I did try that already but for some reason it did not work, is there a line in the rtconfig that needs to be edited?

I will try it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake the first time I tried.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:30 PM   #511
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

No its just images.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:50 AM   #512
Muzl

Thanks for all the hard work but unfortunately, the script doesn't really work for me as intended (MacOS Sonoma, latest Reaper in Rosetta mode).

The section for Track panel (TCP) adjustments looks cramped and if I want to edit something, the script terminates and shows an error message (see attachment).

The error message is:

...y/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/theme_assembler.lua:1460: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'integer index')
Attached Images
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-07 um 11.47.24.png (129.4 KB, 35 views)
Muzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:59 AM   #513
mark2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzl View Post
Thanks for all the hard work but unfortunately, the script doesn't really work for me as intended (MacOS Sonoma, latest Reaper in Rosetta mode).

The section for Track panel (TCP) adjustments looks cramped and if I want to edit something, the script terminates and shows an error message (see attachment).

The error message is:

...y/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/theme_assembler.lua:1460: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'integer index')
Are you using the Reaper 6 or 7 default theme? This script only works with the Reaper 6 default theme, which is included in R7
mark2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 03:33 AM   #514
Muzl

I was on Default 6. After trying to "ERASE assembled theme" and a reinstall of the script, I now also deleted the assembled theme in the ColorThemes folder.

Now, it doesn't look perfect, but seems to work ok. Only the font sizes, I am not able to edit.
Attached Images
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-08 um 11.29.09.png (114.8 KB, 42 views)
Muzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 09:01 AM   #515
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

The script only works with the 'Assembled_Theme'. If you try to run it with the wrong theme, it will refuse. If it can't find Assembled_Theme it will create it. That thing with the background of the name being drawn skinny is a bug with the HiDPI drawing of the script, sorry. It won't affect the theme itself.

This script doesn't change font sizes.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:01 PM   #516
calsax

Thank you, Mr. Tie! Just downloaded, setting up a theme, and am amazed. Had to give you some well-deserved props!