Old 10-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
JuniusRecCo
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER Adding Fades Upon Render

I recently re-installed REAPER during a Windows 10 reset and am having a new problem wherein REAPER is adding fades to the start and end of rendered files.

I'm rendering abutting adjacent regions from within a larger session. When I place the two rendered regions into a new session, there's a noticeable dip in volume as the first region fades out and then the second fades in.

In the image below, the top track shows the result of two rendered regions; the bottom track shows the same section rendered as one file, without the added fades:

This is not due to automatic fades placed on any media item, whether in the source or the rendered media. The fades are in the audio, as evidenced by inspection in a standalone editor.

I've turned the "Tiny fade" settings off in hopes they were the problem (they're not) and hunted for all possible settings without luck.

All help welcome! I'd be very glad that it's a stupid occasion of me not finding the right preference setting.
JuniusRecCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
JuniusRecCo

This behavior remains a problem for me, and I can't figure it out. I'm not able to replicate it on new, simple projects of just a single track without effects. But in the much larger sessions with ~tracks and lots of plugins, it continues.

Any ideas appreciated!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:59 PM   #3
jnastic

You could bypass 1 plugin at a time and render that track until you find which plugin is causing the fade.
jnastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
JuniusRecCo

UPDATE: I found the culprit. For this specific problem, it's not REAPER at all, but a Fade In/Out Time setting in Auphonic Leveler, a loudness finalizer I use in podcasts.

BUT, the search did lead me to investigate any gates used on narration tracks, and I did find some instances of a slow attack causing a fade in.

So, REAPER remains amazing, I'm still improving.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #5
jnastic

Good job on finding the culprit.

We're constantly learning and improving!
jnastic is offline   Reply With Quote