Old 10-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
AugerJ
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Editor Auto-view-scroll

Hello. With Auto-view-scroll ON, I start playback, the "pages" in MIDI Editor are scrolling, as promised.
But once I as little as "touch" (left-click) the empty space in the MIDI Editor (Piano Roll) window (or move or edit a note), that's it, no more auto-view-scroll for me. Have I or haven't I stopped the playback beforehand, doesn't make a difference.
I have to strike a shortcut for
View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback*
*Edit: it's "View: Go to play cursor" action.

If I start to edit notes "on the run" I can understand why it stoppes scrolling.

However, it would seem more logical if after stopping REAPER turned the auto-view-scroll on automatically.

Is there a way around this? A way to do anything about it?

Last edited by AugerJ; 10-19-2020 at 12:50 PM.
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerJ View Post
If I start to edit notes "on the run" I can understand why it stoppes scrolling.

However, it would seem more logical if after stopping REAPER turned the auto-view-scroll on automatically.
Doing edits in MIDI editor shouldn't toggle off the auto-scroll feature itself, regardless of the playback state. If you have stopped the playback and are editing something, auto-scroll should work after that without any extra toggling.

Are you using any custom actions or scripts that would turn off the auto-scroll?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
AugerJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Doing edits in MIDI editor shouldn't toggle off the auto-scroll feature itself, regardless of the playback state. If you have stopped the playback and are editing something, auto-scroll should work after that without any extra toggling.

Are you using any custom actions or scripts that would turn off the auto-scroll?
No, I don't think so.
I have to say, I unwittingly mentioned the wrong action in the OP.
It's not "View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback" I have to run, it's:
View: Go to play cursor .

I've checked right now: when I click the Piano Roll area and the scrolling stops, the "View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback" state doesn't change, it's still On.
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:45 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerJ View Post
It's not "View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback" I have to run, it's: View: Go to play cursor.
Yes, you'll have to run that action if you have edited something while playback was running and want to resume auto-scroll. That is telling Reaper that you have done the live edits and want now get back to what is playing.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote