Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-05-2020, 01:20 AM   #41
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings

This script looks great, Esteban. I tried installing V2 just now and am getting an error when attempting to import the Arranged mode toolbar:

"ReaperMenu file does not have menu for "Floating toolbar 6"
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #42
Wizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Does this only work in 64 bit systems, tried in Reaper 32 bit in 32 bit wine in Ubuntu 18.04, when starting any of the Nabla scripts, e.g. Arrangement mode or setting, I am getting following Reascript Error: path/Nabla Looper Arranged Core.dat: size_t size mismatch in precompiled chunk.
Now a 32 bit version is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
is it because my default project relies on a different recording mode? it uses record midi overdub on 8 tracks each armed and receiving discrete channels of incoming midi.
In the coming updates Nabla Looper will handled automatically the recording modes to work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdis View Post
there's a way (in Arranged Mode) to hear what I'm playing before I'm recording a loop? When I press the "Arranged Mode" button, I can't longer hear what I'm playing, and I can only hear it when the cursor is crossing over the red item and recording.
The simplest way is creating a track with Record Items where you want to monitoring, and disable record for that track (right click on the arm button > "Record: Disable (input monitoring only)"). I'm making a video to show the different monitoring workarounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
This script looks great, Esteban. I tried installing V2 just now and am getting an error when attempting to import the Arranged mode toolbar:

"ReaperMenu file does not have menu for "Floating toolbar 6"
ReaperMenu file it has been fixed, thank you for the feedback!

Delete the file "Nabla Tools.xml" under the "Reaper resources path > ReaPack > cache", and then reinstall/update Nabla Tools from ReaPack.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #43
Arthur McArthur

Thanks Esteban! The toolbar is loading correctly, now and I am testing.

When I run Arranged Mode, it floats the ReaDelay scripts for each track and leaves them open, blocking the screen. Is there a setting to stop the fx from floating?
Old 10-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #44
Wizzart

Quote:
When I run Arranged Mode, it floats the ReaDelay scripts for each track and leaves them open, blocking the screen. Is there a setting to stop the fx from floating?
Fixed! Please update, just access: Extensions | ReaPack | Synchronize packages

I also added a new script for toggle Monitoring Items:
"Script: Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Toggle Monitor).lua"
need to import again the toolbars or edit the existing ones.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:26 AM   #45
Arthur McArthur

Thank you! Can you check the manual mode? I can't get it to work. I have set the shortcut in the actions list and in the script, but when I run the manual mode script and then press the shortcut, it does not record anything. Let me know if you'd like me to make a video demonstrating the problem.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:36 AM   #46
mccrabney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizz
In the coming updates Nabla Looper will handled automatically the recording modes to work correctly.
thank you! when you say that, do you mean that it will support midi overdub, or that it will switch the recording mode to that used by Nabla looper?

adjacent thought: after i demoed Nabla looper, i tried to "go back" to the way things were before. however, Nabla looper had toggled on the "Center scroll" function. it'd be nice if A, Nabla could return a user's prefs to what they were before Nabla was engaged, and/or B, could we get a full list of the prefs that Nabla changes, just to be aware of what it's doing?
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #47
Wizzart

Quote:
Can you check the manual mode? I can't get it to work.
Sorry a missing character in the code, now is fixed!

Quote:
thank you! when you say that, do you mean that it will support midi overdub, or that it will switch the recording mode to that used by Nabla looper?
Unfortunately midi overdub isn't work with the nabla looper setup (for now), so i mean that nabla automatically select the audio/midi input for tracks that have selected the overdub/replace mode (and contains a record item) and return to the original mode when nabla is stop it, this workaround is now implemented in the last update.

Let me know in what cases do you need the overdub mode or how do you use it in your workflow, with nabla you can create multilayer loops in one track so this is a rudimentary overdub alternative. Multilayer example.

Quote:
adjacent thought: after i demoed Nabla looper, i tried to "go back" to the way things were before. however, Nabla looper had toggled on the "Center scroll" function. it'd be nice if A, Nabla could return a user's prefs to what they were before Nabla was engaged, and/or B, could we get a full list of the prefs that Nabla changes, just to be aware of what it's doing?
action = 41078, setstate = "off", -- FX: Auto-float new FX windows
action = 40041, setstate = "off", -- Options: Toggle auto-crossfades
action = 41117, setstate = "off", -- Options: Toggle trim behind items when editing
action = 40036, setstate = "on", -- View: Toggle auto-view-scroll during playback
action = 41817, setstate = "on", -- View: Continuous scrolling during playback
action = 41329, setstate = "on", -- Options: New recording creates new media items in separate lanes (layers)

All the actions are restored to the original user prefs when nabla is stop it. I will add an option in nabla settings to disable the auto view scroll.

Last edited by Wizzart; 10-06-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Wizzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #48
Arthur McArthur

Still trying to get this to work, Manual Mode is not record arming tracks, and I just got this error in Arranged mode:

Error: Couldn't get error message.

Stack traceback:
[C]: in field 'DeleteTrackMediaItem'
Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1139: in function <...abla Looper/Arranged Mode/Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1047>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1047: in function 'DeactivateRecording'

Nabla: v.0.2.0
Reaper: 6.14+dev1003/x64
Platform: Win64
Old 10-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #49
Wizzart

Quote:
Still trying to get this to work, Manual Mode is not record arming tracks, and I just got this error in Arranged mode:

Stack traceback:
[C]: in field 'DeleteTrackMediaItem'
Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1139: in function <...abla Looper/Arranged Mode/Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1047>
Nabla Looper Arranged Mode.lua:1047: in function 'DeactivateRecording'

Nabla: v.0.2.0
Reaper: 6.14+dev1003/x64
Please update, the current version should be "Nabla: v.0.2.7"

Access: Extensions | ReaPack | Synchronize packages, via Reaper’s menu to ensure Nabla Looper is updated to the latest version, or Extensions | ReaPack | Browse package, search for "Nabla" and reinstall. Let me know if it works.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:35 AM   #50
Arthur McArthur

The error code seems fixed, thanks! But Manual mode is still not arming the tracks.

I am also getting hard crashes in Arranged mode, usually after several passes of recording and then clearing the same items. I have made a video showing how and when the crash occurs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APfS...ature=youtu.be

At the start of the video I also show that Monitor items is not working for me, it ignores the first Monitor item, and then monitors correctly for the second one, but then doesn't record. Let me know if the video is clear or if I should rerecord with sound. Thanks for taking a look at these
Old 10-10-2020, 07:51 AM   #51
Wizzart

Quote:
I have made a video showing how and when the crash occurs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APfS...ature=youtu.be
Thank you, this help me a lot to understand what is happening.

Quote:
At the start of the video I also show that Monitor items is not working for me, it ignores the first Monitor item, and then monitors correctly for the second one, but then doesn't record. Let me know if the video is clear or if I should rerecord with sound. Thanks for taking a look at these
1) The first record or monitor item should start at least in the second measure.
2) It's better to create a single item playback and extend it to the measures you want, instead of creating multiple for the same loop.
3) It's not possible to put two adjacent record or monitor items in one track, I solve this by creating track folders and within them create a specific track for monitoring and others for recording. (I am making a little video to explain this).

Quote:
I am also getting hard crashes in Arranged mode, usually after several passes of recording and then clearing the same items.
I'll look into it.

Quote:
But Manual mode is still not arming the tracks.
Can you send me a screenshot of the Manual Mode Settings and the action list?

Last edited by Wizzart; 10-10-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #52
Arthur McArthur

Ah so that's how you set up the monitoring items! It seems like they are working as expected, though it is inserting the ReaDelay on the child tracks I created for monitoring and recording items and not the parent, so I am getting some glitches.

Here's the manual mode screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/3mFtSiQ.png

Thanks again for looking into this
Old 10-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #53
Skorobagatko

Hi. I get this:

Skorobagatko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #54
Wizzart

Quote:
Ah so that's how you set up the monitoring items! It seems like they are working as expected, though it is inserting the ReaDelay on the child tracks I created for monitoring and recording items and not the parent, so I am getting some glitches.
New version (Manual Mode 0.2.3), I implemented a midi delay for midi tracks instead of readelay, this prevents audio glitches, try it and let me know if it works well.

I added console mode for "Nabla Looper Manual Trigger Actions.lua" and "Nabla Looper Manual Mode.lua", send me the output message. https://i.imgur.com/T6PDEDI.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Hi. I get this:

I was updating the repository, please try again!

Access: Extensions | ReaPack | Synchronize packages, via Reaper’s menu to ensure Nabla Looper is updated to the latest version, or Extensions | ReaPack | Browse package, search for "Nabla" and reinstall. Let me know if it works.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:12 AM   #55
Arthur McArthur

Thanks Esteban, I will run the console when I wake up tomorrow. Tonight I tried the new arranged mode, and it seems like the new midi delay is double triggering the notes the first time it plays after I record. All the notes play twice for one loop and then it goes back to normal. Let me know if you need a video showing it

Edit: here is the console output, I just get:

-- Manual Mode --
Shortcut value: 46.0
Shortcut name: .
Script: Nabla Looper Manual Trigger Actions.lua ID: _RSb9fbaff31101cffd05000d5bdce1993572622385

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 10-12-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #56
Wizzart

Quote:
Tonight I tried the new arranged mode, and it seems like the new midi delay is double triggering the notes the first time it plays after I record. All the notes play twice for one loop and then it goes back to normal.
Fixed, please try again with the last update, I just start to implement this midi delay workaround, so I appreciate your feedback!

Quote:
Edit: here is the console output, I just get:

-- Manual Mode --
Shortcut value: 46.0
Shortcut name: .
Script: Nabla Looper Manual Trigger Actions.lua ID: _RSb9fbaff31101cffd05000d5bdce1993572622385
After start manual mode, did you select a track and press your shortcut?
Old 10-12-2020, 11:52 PM   #57
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzart View Post
Fixed, please try again with the last update, I just start to implement this midi delay workaround, so I appreciate your feedback!

After start manual mode, did you select a track and press your shortcut?
Happy to give feedback, it's really fun to use so far, even with the crashes (happens every 3 or 4 times I clear the items and start again.) A few months ago I had started my own attempt at looping, using action markers, but this is already much better.

I tried the latest version and if I end a recording item while holding a note, it seems to hang until the next loop starts.

Here's a video showing what I'm doing in testing manual mode: https://youtu.be/Vs27OTK4mMI
Old 10-13-2020, 04:58 AM   #58
Skorobagatko

Quote:
New version (Manual Mode 0.2.3), I implemented a midi delay for midi tracks instead of readelay, this prevents audio glitches, try it and let me know if it works well.

I added console mode for "Nabla Looper Manual Trigger Actions.lua" and "Nabla Looper Manual Mode.lua", send me the output message. https://i.imgur.com/T6PDEDI.gif

I was updating the repository, please try again!

I have the latest build installed. These errors appearing every time I hit "Synchronize packages". Tried to reinstall like you suggested, tried to delete the whole Nabla Looper folder from C:\Users"name"\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Scripts and reinstall again - none of these helped.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #59
Wizzart

Quote:
I have the latest build installed. These errors appearing every time I hit "Synchronize packages". Tried to reinstall like you suggested, tried to delete the whole Nabla Looper folder from C:\Users"name"\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Scripts and reinstall again - none of these helped.
Try to uninstall from the package browser:

Extensions | ReaPack | Browse package, search for "Nabla" right click, select uninstall and click on apply.

Then head over to:
Options | Show REAPER resource path.
Open the "ReaPack" folder and delete "Nabla Tools.xml"
Restart reaper and try again.

https://i.imgur.com/7E4C7xa.mp4
Old 10-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #60
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Try to uninstall from the package browser:

Extensions | ReaPack | Browse package, search for "Nabla" right click, select uninstall and click on apply.

Then head over to:
Options | Show REAPER resource path.
Open the "ReaPack" folder and delete "Nabla Tools.xml"
Restart reaper and try again.

https://i.imgur.com/7E4C7xa.mp4
Did exactly what you described and here is the result:

Old 10-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #61
Wizzart

Quote:
Did exactly what you described and here is the result:
It seems like there are still files of the x32 version previously installed and now you have the x64, try uninstalling both versions on the Browse Package and then reinstall only one.

Despite the errors, do the scripts appear in the action list?
Old 10-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #62
lizzard

This problem of re configuring reaper in many manual steps is always scary.

Not meaning to criticize the great work here and the need for a reaper looper that's intuitive.

There needs to be an install script that has an uninstall script and i know from experience that it can be extra work and is tedious when testing .

I must suggest that making another portable reaper just for the looper has a lot of merit .

Mine is called loopereaper.

Perhaps if we all have a separate directory things will go smoother for us all and Wizzart will not have as many minor headaches allowing the engine to be fixed before washing the windows ...i hope that makes sense .
lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:38 PM   #63
Wizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
This problem of re configuring reaper in many manual steps is always scary.

Not meaning to criticize the great work here and the need for a reaper looper that's intuitive.

There needs to be an install script that has an uninstall script and i know from experience that it can be extra work and is tedious when testing .

I must suggest that making another portable reaper just for the looper has a lot of merit .

Mine is called loopereaper.

Perhaps if we all have a separate directory things will go smoother for us all and Wizzart will not have as many minor headaches allowing the engine to be fixed before washing the windows ...i hope that makes sense .
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I'm trying to make Nabla Looper as less intrusive as possible, all the Reaper settings that change, are only applied while the looper is running, at the end everything returns to the default user settings.

I use reaper mainly for recording and mixing, so the least I want is for some script to change my settings, with that in mind I'm developing these tools.

I know documentation is needed, I will start working on it.

The portable reaper thing sounds good to me, but at the moment I don't have windows and I think it's not possible to do it on mac, i'll look into it.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:25 AM   #64
Skorobagatko

Quote:
It seems like there are still files of the x32 version previously installed and now you have the x64, try uninstalling both versions on the Browse Package and then reinstall only one.

Despite the errors, do the scripts appear in the action list?
x32 seems not even installed, how can I uninstall them? here is a gif:

"Despite the errors, do the scripts appear in the action list?" - yes.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #65
Wizzart

Quote:
x32 seems not even installed, how can I uninstall them? here is a gif:

"Despite the errors, do the scripts appear in the action list?" - yes.
Thanks for your feedback, this is my first time managing Reapack packages, I made some fixes to the repository and it seems to work better now.

I was only able to replicate the error trying to install both versions for the same package ie. "Nabla Looper Arranged Mode x32" and "Nabla Looper Arranged Mode x64", this should not cause a problem since only one will be installed (that's what the error means), but the ideal way would be to select only the appropriate one for your base version of reaper (x32 or x64).

https://i.imgur.com/CR1WkpQ.gif
Old 10-15-2020, 12:28 PM   #66
BenjyO

Hi Esteban, I'm having some issues with recording MIDI (arranged mode - haven't tried manual mode yet): If you play anything before the actual Record-item starts (in the pre-recording time), the recorded item's contents get shifted forward which is of course not desired. I think it takes into account the first MIDI message detected (even a note-off message) in the pre-recording time and considers that as the actual beginning of the loop.

An example of this:
- Project is set in 4/4 and 60 bpm.
- I insert 1 folder track with a virtual instrument which contains 2 child tracks: one is a monitor track and the other the recording track (as you demonstrated in your screenshot)
- I set up the monitoring item and the record item the way they should be set. They're only 1 bar long
- I start recording and play my loop when the monitoring item comes up.
- In the last beat of the monitoring item, pre-recording starts but I'm still playing what I plan to record.
- Whatever I played in that last beat gets treated as the actual beginning of the loop so when I finish recording it shifts it by the length from the first MIDI message detected (in the pre-recording time) to the beginning of the Record-item.

It works properly only if you actually play exactly on the beat on which the Record-item starts or just a tad bit early.
BenjyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #67
Wizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
If you play anything before the actual Record-item starts (in the pre-recording time), the recorded item's contents get shifted forward which is of course not desired.
For now, it only works with midi items (in project) do you have these settings enabled?

Quote:
It works properly only if you actually play exactly on the beat on which the Record-item starts or just a tad bit early.
The main problem with midi items, is that the first notes are missing in the first playback item, the solution, for now, has been to implement the Delay workaround, but this creates other problems, since it must be adjusted to the performance capabilities of each system.

I've been working on a way to avoid the use of the delay hack, and it seems to be working, it will probably be available in the next update, I will also add a section in the preferences, dedicated to calibrating the response times for audio and midi items.

Also, I'm about to finish a general user guide for Arranged Mode.

Thanks for your feedback.

EDIT: I found a better way to set up the MIDI tracks, just create two tracks outside the folder, only for the "Record midi items" (no fx's, no routing, only the midi input) playback and monitoring items still the same before, this way, we avoid note-off messages when toggling between Monitor/Recording items.

https://i.imgur.com/r5E7R79.png

Audio + MIDI:

Alternating between two VSTi's:

Last edited by Wizzart; 10-16-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #68
BenjyO

Hey Esteban, thank you for the reply. First of all, I have to commend you on the "Audio + MIDI" example. Sounds awesome! You better expand on that idea if you're not already working on it

Quote:
For now, it only works with midi items (in project) do you have these settings enabled?

Yes. I did have these settings enabled and I still do.

Quote:
Also, I'm about to finish a general user guide for Arranged Mode.
I'm looking forward to the manual.

Quote:
EDIT: I found a better way to set up the MIDI tracks, just create two tracks outside the folder, only for the "Record midi items" (no fx's, no routing, only the midi input) playback and monitoring items still the same before, this way, we avoid note-off messages when toggling between Monitor/Recording items.

https://i.imgur.com/r5E7R79.png
I think I might be doing something wrong because your examples look perfect while my tests always go wrong.

I recorded a gif of what happens. I started playing in the second measure on beat 1. On beat 1 I played a lower note and on the other 3 beats I played a higher note. I played the same thing in measure 3 (when the record item starts) and as you'll see everything gets skewed somehow (the length of the loop, the position of the lower note which is supposed to be on beat 1).

Old 10-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #69
Wizzart

Quote:
I started playing in the second measure on beat 1. On beat 1 I played a lower note and on the other 3 beats I played a higher note. I played the same thing in measure 3 (when the record item starts) and as you'll see everything gets skewed somehow (the length of the loop, the position of the lower note which is supposed to be on beat 1).

https://i.imgur.com/XRiZUw6.gif
I see, try this:

1. Rename the Monitor item ( all monitor items can be named the same )

2. Resize the Playback item to where the record item begins.

3. No fx's or vsti in this track (when Nabla starts, an instance of "Nabla MIDIDelay" will be added, it does not affect anything, but it's no longer necessary, in the next update it will be eliminated.

4. Also, try unchecking "Preserve PDC" within the Arranged Settings.

Quote:
I have to commend you on the "Audio + MIDI" example. Sounds awesome! You better expand on that idea if you're not already working on it
Thank you, I will try to do something with that idea
Old 10-19-2020, 06:40 AM   #70
BenjyO

Quote:
I see, try this:

1. Rename the Monitor item ( all monitor items can be named the same )

2. Resize the Playback item to where the record item begins.

3. No fx's or vsti in this track (when Nabla starts, an instance of "Nabla MIDIDelay" will be added, it does not affect anything, but it's no longer necessary, in the next update it will be eliminated.

4. Also, try unchecking "Preserve PDC" within the Arranged Settings.
Thank you for the tip. I tried it just now in 4 different permutations (also recorded everything) and unfortunately the problem persists:
1. I renamed the Monitor item.
2. The beginning of the playback item was moved to the beginning of the record item.
3. No FX's were present on the Record track (in the previous post it was just the bypassed Nabla MIDI delay plug-in which was present from the previous attempt).
4. I tried it with and without the "preserve PDC" option.
5. I also tried changing the playback item's "duplication" mode. The first 2 tries are with the item being looped (I enabled the item's "loop source" property and dragged its right edge to create loops) and the last 2 tries is with the item just being duplicated (copy pasting).

1. try: Playback item LOOPED with the "preserve PDC" option ENABLED

2. try: Playback item LOOPED with the "preserve PDC" option DISABLED

3. try: Playback item NOT LOOPED with the "preserve PDC" option ENABLED

4. try: Playback item NOT LOOPED with the "preserve PDC" option DISABLED

Don't know what else to try
Old 10-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #71
Wizzart

Quote:
Don't know what else to try
Thank you!, I think I found what is the problem, try checking the option: "Allow trim of MIDI items when splitting" within the REAPER preferences.

When I disabled that option, I got results similar to yours.

Last edited by Wizzart; 10-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #72
brk303

Great work with Nabla, I just found it now and already like it, even if it's still work in progress.
Any idea when the ReaDelay-less version comes out ?
brk303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:18 PM   #73
Wizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
Great work with Nabla, I just found it now and already like it, even if it's still work in progress.
Glad you like it!

Quote:
Any idea when the ReaDelay-less version comes out ?
Tomorrow! btw, you can disable the ReaDelay hack for Audio and MIDI, just disable the "Safe Mode" option within the "Arranged Settings".
The coming version remove the ReaDelay workaround for MIDI tracks, this option will still be available for Audio tracks.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:39 AM   #74
brk303

I can't seem to save Arranged settings, I get an error (using latest version):

Error: Nabla Looper Arranged Settings.lua:200: bad argument #1 to 'GetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value' (MediaItem_Take expected)

Stack traceback:
[C]: in field 'GetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value'
Nabla Looper Arranged Settings.lua:200: in function 'SetNewColors'
Nabla Looper Arranged Settings.lua:277: in method 'func'
Button.lua:119: in function 'gui.elements.Button.onMouseUp'
element.lua:108: in function 'gui.element.handleEvent'
window.lua:467: in function 'gui.window.updateInputEvents'
window.lua:239: in function 'gui.window.update'
core.lua:38: in function <...cripts\Nabla Tools\Sycthe for Nabla\library\gui\core.lua:36>
core.lua:36: in function 'gui.core.Main'

Scythe: v3.0.0
Reaper: 6.15/x64

Also Clear Items raises an exception too:

Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:43: bad argument #1 to 'GetTakeName' (MediaItem_Take expected)

Same exception happens in practice mode when I stop.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:29 AM   #75
Wizzart

Quote:
I can't seem to save Arranged settings, I get an error (using latest version):

Error: Nabla Looper Arranged Settings.lua:200: bad argument #1 to 'GetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value' (MediaItem_Take expected)

Also Clear Items raises an exception too:

Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:43: bad argument #1 to 'GetTakeName' (MediaItem_Take expected)

Same exception happens in practice mode when I stop.
Thank you! the issue is fixed now.
Access: Extensions | ReaPack | Synchronize packages
to ensure Nabla Looper is updated to the latest version (0.2.13).

Note: Nabla only works with Audio and MIDI items, empty items will be ignored.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #76
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdis View Post
Thank you for this great script, but there's a way (in Arranged Mode) to hear what I'm playing before I'm recording a loop?
A cheap workaround for this is to just draw out a separate section on the track where you want to hear your playing and toggle it to record. Reaper will activate that track at that time and you will be able to hear your live audio.

Of course Reaper will also record the audio into that section but that should not be a problem for an Arranged performance. You don't have to duplicate/reuse the clip later in the timeline. You are just using the recording section to live monitor.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #77
Wizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
A cheap workaround for this is to just draw out a separate section on the track where you want to hear your playing and toggle it to record. Reaper will activate that track at that time and you will be able to hear your live audio.

Of course Reaper will also record the audio into that section but that should not be a problem for an Arranged performance. You don't have to duplicate/reuse the clip later in the timeline. You are just using the recording section to live monitor.
Now we have available "Monitor Items".
More info in the user guide here: https://www.nablatools.com/index.php/manual/
Old 10-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #78
brk303

I still get exceptions here and there.
This happens after I stop recording in arrange mode.
And I also get the same exception when I try to Clear Items:

Stack traceback:
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:141: in function 'Main'
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:220: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:11: in main chunk

Nabla: 0.2.10

It only happens in my big 80 track project, when I copy looper track to empty project there is no error.
So I guess your code somewhere looks at tracks that have nothing to do with looping.

Last edited by brk303; 10-25-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #79
Wizzart

Quote:
And I also get the same exception when I try to Clear Items:

Nabla: 0.2.10
Hi, try updating Nabla (current version: 0.2.13).
Access: Extensions | ReaPack | Synchronize packages

Or go ahead to Extensions | ReaPack | Browse Packages and search for nabla, right click on "Nabla Looper Arranged Mode x64", select "Reinstall", then click on apply.

Let me know if the problem persists.

~ Esteban ~
Old 10-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #80
brk303

Thanks, reinstalled latest 2.13 version.
Now I get this when I click Clear items:

Error: Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:144: attempt to index a nil value (local 'v')

Stack traceback:
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:144: in function 'Main'
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:228: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
Nabla Looper Arranged Items (Clear).lua:11: in main chunk

Nabla: 0.2.13