Old 01-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #841
Skorobagatko
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
I just tried with Reaper 6.03 and SWS 2.11.whatever - MIDI Editor>Notes loads the correct context menu here.

What exactly is it doing/not doing?
It doesn't trigger any actions I'm executing with the script. Attached a gif where I press the action button in Radial Menu and nothing happens, then I execute a shortcut "ctrl+g" assigned to the same action (Quantize notes position and end to grid) and it works.

Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #842
Lokasenna

Ah.

What command string are you using in Radial? Any MIDI editor commands need to be written as midi 40496 - see "Button commands - p1" in the Help tab.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:50 PM   #843
Skorobagatko

Quote:
need to be written as midi 40496
That was it, thank you!
Old 01-25-2020, 09:15 AM   #844
willcan

Default Increase Size of Radial Menu?

I am running Reaper 6.03 on a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 and radial menu is appearing *very* small. Is there any way to change the GUI size for a HiDPI screen?

Loving this feature otherwise!
Attached Images
File Type: png Small Radial Menu_small.PNG (32.7 KB, 283 views)
willcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #845
JazzHot

Default Inserting Chords with Circles of Fifths

Hi,
I am running Reaper 6.03 on iMac Mojave.
Also new to Reaper.
I have successfully installed everything right including SWS. I see all the scripts in Actions list.
Clicking on a chord in Circle of Fifths does not work, nothing happen when clicking on one.
All the buttons below the circles do work, like inserting bars, new region etc...
Also, when running Lokasenna_Radial Menu.lua from Actions, Radial Menu appears for half a second and disappear.
Am i missing something?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited by JazzHot; 02-05-2020 at 11:36 AM.
JazzHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #846
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzHot View Post
Also, when running Lokasenna_Radial Menu.lua from Actions, Radial Menu appears for half a second and disappear.
Am i missing something?
This is the default behavior (so when assigning the Action to a key shortcut, the menu is only shown as long as the shortcut is held pressed).
To change it, run the Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua from the Action List and set the When shortcut key is released setting in the Options tab to Keep the menu open
Old 02-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #847
MusoBob

Quote:
...I am on Mac running Mojave and latest Reaper.
I have succesfully installed ReaTrak on my iMac.
So far all is fine except clicking in the Circle of Fifths to insert a chord does not work.
Right clicking and left clicking mouse do work. I can see the cursor moving to the different sections of my tune.
I am using a Bluetooth mouse with no center button.
I have also tried an apple track pad, same problem.
I tried also a PC mouse with a center button like showed in your post, same problem.
No chord is inserted upon clicking the center wheel.
Hope my explanation is clear enough, not my spoken language here.

Best Regards
Quote:
...Clicking on a chord in Circle of Fifths does not work, nothing happen when clicking on one.
All the buttons below the circles do work, like inserting bars, new region etc...
The user means the middle click is not working (though the middle click is working fine on my Mojave).
So if anyone with Mac can try the Middle function on theirs to see if it works for them.

Quote:
Am i missing something?

Thank you for any help.
To get the Circle of Fifths from Actions
ReaTrak Circle of Fifths Menu.lua

MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #848
JazzHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
This is the default behavior (so when assigning the Action to a key shortcut, the menu is only shown as long as the shortcut is held pressed).
To change it, run the Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua from the Action List and set the When shortcut key is released setting in the Options tab to Keep the menu open
Thank you for your reply.
I have been looking at Radial Menu Setup and noticed that under MENU/Actions, there is a script affected to "middle".
I am using an Apple wireless Bluetooth mouse with no middle button.
Is this the reason why it is not working when I click a note in the Circle of Fifths to send it to a Reaper region?
Will I have to get a 3 buttons mouse?

Thanks
JazzHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #849
lemerchand

Default issues with audio item context

Hi, I'm really digging the radial menu! Thanks for the hard work.

I'm having some issues where sometimes the "item" context doesn't want to work. If I switch to a different it works most of the time, so it seems to be getting stuck on either particular projects or items. I can't seem to find a reliable means of reproducing the behavior.

Any ideas?
lemerchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #850
David Carlyon

I have noticed that my TCP menus are defaulting to main menu,
When i click anywhere on an envelope (seg, point, env empty) it goes to the 'ARR Empty' menu.

Are these troubles that anyone else is having? Is it something to do with the new theme?

I have set up menus for every context and have named them all properly.
All timeline, region lane and tempo lane are working as expected.

Any help would be much appreciated.
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:55 AM   #851
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
I have noticed that my TCP menus are defaulting to main menu,
When i click anywhere on an envelope (seg, point, env empty) it goes to the 'ARR Empty' menu.
For TCP context working properly you probably need latest SWS beta (if using Reaper v6):
https://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/

With envelopes context there's currently a detection offset bug:
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/954 (point 3)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #852
David Carlyon

Thanks a lot for the information - much appreciated.
This is probably my favourite tools for reaper. Can't think of a single tool that saves as much time as this one.

Was considering getting a stream deck, but found this to do basically the same thing but without having to look away from the screen, so i really want to perfect my setup with it!
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #853
Roland-Music

Hi there, i haven't red all posts yet, but i have the issue form the first page and from the tab-Page in radial:

Quote:
...the window is rapidly opening and closing...
whatever key I use (Shift+K now). Default Template, Windows 64-bit, REAPER v6.09
In the undo List it Shows for every open: View: Toggle master track visible (this is ALT-V). In the MIDI Editor (Shift+K --> Misc: Pass through key to main window)is the same, open/close?

Last edited by Roland-Music; 04-30-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Roland-Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:57 AM   #854
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland-Music View Post
Hi there, i haven't red all posts yet, but i have the issue form the first page and from the tab-Page in radial:

whatever key I use (Shift+K now). Default Template, Windows 64-bit, REAPER v6.09
In the undo List it Shows for every open: View: Toggle master track visible (this is ALT-V). In the MIDI Editor (Shift+K --> Misc: Pass through key to main window)is the same, open/close?
Just to clarify: is this a different issue than the one mentioned in post #846 (which is related to the default settings)?: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=846

If that's the case: can you maybe record a short licecap (https://www.cockos.com/licecap/) screen capture of the issue and attach it to a post?

Last edited by solger; 04-30-2020 at 02:04 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #855
Roland-Music

Okay, thanks for the hint, the one mentioned in post #846 works. So many Options ....
Roland-Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:30 AM   #856
Beat Machine

Default missing info

typicaly i might want to know what people are useing something for and how much time its going to take modifiying my workflo before Im going to try something

i can make some guesses what i could use this for recording?

this exiting new development is in the development forums?
Beat Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:48 AM   #857
Suzuka

Default Possible super ultra awesome feature

Hey Lokasenna, thanks A LOT for the radial menu and all your awesome work! (I used your GUI tool for making my first script!).

This post is to ask if this is possible (and if not, IMHO it would be an awesome feature).

Is it possible to execute a certain menu via shortcut?

Why I think that would be great?

I use the radial menu a lot, is super useful. I'm constantly adding new menus. The bad thing of this is, the more things I add, the less intuitive is the radial menu to use (because I need to navigate more and more between menus to reach the things, becomes less intuitive).

For example, lets say I have some some screen sets on F1 to F5.
IMHO, having the option to execute a certain menu via shortcut would be awesome in order to group related stuff.
That way, I could simply press F1 to launch my screen sets menu, and directly choose one from there.

And also, I could leave that menu "out" from my "main" radial menu, in order to "keep it clean", and more "context oriented" (without misc things that difficult the navigation).

Not sure if its possible (I'm just asking).
At first I thought that maybe, duplicating the radial menu script (and renaming it) maybe could do the trick (I have not tested it, but, if works, I guess that I would need to duplicate the script for each "separate" menu I want)

Thans again for your awesome work, Lokasenna.
Suzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:43 AM   #858
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuka View Post
Hey Lokasenna, thanks A LOT for the radial menu and all your awesome work! (I used your GUI tool for making my first script!).

This post is to ask if this is possible (and if not, IMHO it would be an awesome feature).

Is it possible to execute a certain menu via shortcut?

Why I think that would be great?

I use the radial menu a lot, is super useful. I'm constantly adding new menus. The bad thing of this is, the more things I add, the less intuitive is the radial menu to use (because I need to navigate more and more between menus to reach the things, becomes less intuitive).

For example, lets say I have some some screen sets on F1 to F5.
IMHO, having the option to execute a certain menu via shortcut would be awesome in order to group related stuff.
That way, I could simply press F1 to launch my screen sets menu, and directly choose one from there.

And also, I could leave that menu "out" from my "main" radial menu, in order to "keep it clean", and more "context oriented" (without misc things that difficult the navigation).

Not sure if its possible (I'm just asking).
At first I thought that maybe, duplicating the radial menu script (and renaming it) maybe could do the trick (I have not tested it, but, if works, I guess that I would need to duplicate the script for each "separate" menu I want)

Thans again for your awesome work, Lokasenna.
I have some great news for you. This is already implemented! In the setup script, in the top right panel. Go to your screen set menu from the dropdown, then click "create shortcut script" (it's on the bottom right of that lighter gray panel) and that adds that menu to the action list. Brilliant!

I use this feature all the time for inserting plugins. For me, 77 pulls up ReEQ on the selected tracks. 88 is my main compressor. 7 and 8 also pull up my favorite eqs and compressors respectively. It's so fast
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #859
Suzuka

Omg I'm blind! Thanks cjewellstudios for the info!
Really, this is awesome!
Suzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #860
Chimpscookie

Lokasenna is a reaper legend. Hoping he'll use the sickle again one day.

I have one problem with radial menu though, i assigned my numpad keys as shortcut key binds(i try to make exactly 9 entries/submenus per context just for this) but most often the function doesn't work. Instead, the radial menu just kind of hangs on even when i released it's shortcut button.

Anyone here experienced the same?

EDIT: Never mind! Solved it within 3 minutes of posting this lol. It was just me being too fast to press the key binds. There's a time window of about half a second after you opened the radial menu before you can press any of the key binds, or so i think.

Last edited by Chimpscookie; 08-01-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Solved.
Chimpscookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #861
strachupl

I have ps3 wired gamepad and I was wondering if there is a way to navigate radial menu with analog stick/s and buttons. Has somone idea?
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:16 PM   #862
MusoBob

Just had a quick look
http://atzitznet.no-ip.org/Joy2Mouse3/
https://keysticks.net
https://www.howtogeek.com/404214/how...ows-and-macos/
Old 08-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #863
Chimpscookie

Question. I tried using radial menu on a docked midi editor. I've put on some custom scripts like julian sader's multi-tool and lokasenna's theory helper on it, but it doesn't seem to call the action, both mouse clicking it's name or using the keybinds. The radial menu will just close without opening the actions i tried to call. Also tried cloning the LUA file from the Main section of the actions to the midi editor section but it still won't work.

Here's hoping someone will pick up this amazing script and continue improving it. I'm so dependent on radial menu now i'm afraid one of the updates might break it.

Last edited by Chimpscookie; 08-02-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:41 AM   #864
tompad

Have you assigned "midi" to the action ID?
(See help in Radial Menu - Buttons command p1)
Old 08-02-2020, 03:51 AM   #865
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpscookie View Post
Question. I tried using radial menu on a docked midi editor. I've put on some custom scripts like julian sader's multi-tool and lokasenna's theory helper on it, but it doesn't seem to call the action, both mouse clicking it's name or using the keybinds. The radial menu will just close without opening the actions i tried to call. Also tried cloning the LUA file from the Main section of the actions to the midi editor section but it still won't work.

Here's hoping someone will pick up this amazing script and continue improving it. I'm so dependent on radial menu now i'm afraid one of the updates might break it.
Quote:
Ah.

What command string are you using in Radial? Any MIDI editor commands need to be written as midi 40496 - see "Button commands - p1" in the Help tab.
Here you go
Old 08-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #866
Meo-Ada Mespotine

A question for those of you experienced with Radial Menu:
How configurable is the Radial Menu? And do you know, where the settings are stored in?
I may try coding some functions in Ultraschall-API to customize different settings on the fly via script, so having different "setting-layouts" would be possible by shortcut.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #867
strachupl

Thanks, I will check these out, but I am not sure it will make me able to do this:

I mean to open radial menu with button on controller, aim entry on radial menu and press button to execute or go deeper into menus.
strachupl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #868
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
A question for those of you experienced with Radial Menu:
How configurable is the Radial Menu? And do you know, where the settings are stored in?
I may try coding some functions in Ultraschall-API to customize different settings on the fly via script, so having different "setting-layouts" would be possible by shortcut.
"Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua" in action list

Old 08-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #869
MusoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
.....I mean to open radial menu with button on controller, aim entry on radial menu and press button to execute or go deeper into menus.
So do you need it to navigate with Left/Right rather than mouseover with the joypad moving the mouse pointer ?
Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #870
Chimpscookie

Thanks tompad and Skorotbagatko. This is really amazing script.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #871
BryanChi

Thanks for this amazing script Lokasenna, it's been immensely helpful! Just wondering if there's any setting to make the whole window bigger? So things don't get so cluttered when there's 16 buttons.
Also, is it not possible to have a boarder-less window? Or better yet transparent background? It'd look so much nicer...
BryanChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #872
MusoBob

See
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....62#post2121862

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....66#post1995266
Old 10-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #873
BryanChi

Got it, thanks a lot MusoBob!
BryanChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #874
Skorobagatko

When launching Radial Menu I get this after Reaper crush, didn't change anything in script before:

Reinstalling through ReaPack didn't help.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:17 AM   #875
chip mcdonald

Radial Menu is a really great thing, and I appreciate Loksenna's work, but...

.... it would be nice if it had a "vertical menu" option?

Maybe because I'm on a trackball, it's awkward to traverse the circle; it would easier if it popped up a vertical menu of user definable options.

$.10
Old 10-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #876
MusoBob

Do you mean like a right click menu ?
if so you should be able to add that as I did in the other GUI.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #877
Skorobagatko

FR: Add "Razor Edit Area" to context menu.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:08 AM   #878
Djobo

Thanks
Djobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #879
SubbaseDnB

this thing is awesome,gonna try setting this up when im back in the studio,and see if it can speed up my workflow
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #880
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
this thing is awesome,gonna try setting this up when im back in the studio,and see if it can speed up my workflow
I suggest to try this method, I use it this way and it's fantastic

https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/mus...nu-system.html