Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
endgroove
Human being with feelings

Default "Current Position" and Markers question

I want to lay down markers as I record. No problem there. I set it so that when I hit 'M' I get a marker at the "current position".

The current position is by default the "play cursor". This is great. However, if I go and drag a cursor to a new position this default behavior changes to creating markers at the "edit cursor".

Again, this is fine for that particular maneuver.

What I want is to be able to change the default back to laying down a marker at the "play cursor" after I've dragged some marker around...

I know there's SWS extensions that force this behavior, and that's totally cool. However (this is a big one) the SWS extensions do not include prompting the operator with the edit marker dialog.

Bottom line: I'm happy to force a marker at the edit cursor -OR- the play cursor using SWS, but I also want the operator prompted with the edit marker dialogue too...

Is this possible?

Thank you!
endgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
uncleswede
Human being with feelings

yes - irritating behaviour.

I use the custom action (attached pic) bound to Shift-M to guarantee dropping a marker at the play cursor, wherever the edit cursor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-05-11 00_40_16-Edit Custom Action.jpg (13.5 KB, 211 views)
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote