Old 03-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #441
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
You may feel that CSIX is just a simple re-skin of the default theme
Clearly, this troll is entirely wrong to imply that reskinning or modifying an existing theme is in any way invalid. That's bollocks, its the very foundation of Reaper theming and he doesn't deserve a response.

With that said, this is a clearly reskin of the default theme, it seems disingenuous to dance around that fact, and to do so seems to imply that the troll is to some degree correct. Which, to repeat, he's not. Compared to all those themes that all those people have made from scratch, its taken a lot less work. So what? Its not a competition. There's no marks for effort. Everything that is added to the pantheon of available Reaper themes is a contribution. I went to all that effort to make the theme as easy to mod as possible because I want people to do it.

It is what it is. And that's 100% a good thing and 0% a bad thing. There's no reason to obfuscate that.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #442
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Clearly, this troll is entirely wrong to imply that reskinning or modifying an existing theme is in any way invalid. That's bollocks, its the very foundation of Reaper theming and he doesn't deserve a response.

With that said, this is a clearly reskin of the default theme, it seems disingenuous to dance around that fact, and to do so seems to imply that the troll is to some degree correct. Which, to repeat, he's not. Compared to all those themes that all those people have made from scratch, its taken a lot less work. So what? Its not a competition. There's no marks for effort. Everything that is added to the pantheon of available Reaper themes is a contribution. I went to all that effort to make the theme as easy to mod as possible because I want people to do it.

It is what it is. And that's 100% a good thing and 0% a bad thing. There's no reason to obfuscate that.
Yeah agree to that. How Reaperthemes should correctly be classified as originals, mods, tweaks, reskins or even rip-offs, easy or demanding, is something I will gladly leave for others.

Anyway, this 'resource' is made from the heart and meant to support the community and those who are positively interested in exploring REAPER, which btw. wouldn't be what it is without the default theme. And I mean that in a good way!
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 03:58 PM   #443
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Looks nice!
Hey R., nice of you to stop by here once a while. Stay safe my friend! ☮︎

Old 03-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #444
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Good to hear. Perhaps if you tone down the rhetoric on quite how innovative you've been, it'll feel less like you're trying to disguise what the theme is, and what it is not. It just doesn't matter, right?

Quote:
Anyway, this 'resource' is made from the heart and meant to support the community
That's also good to hear. Perhaps you'll reconsider not allowing people to reuse your elements? You're entirely within your rights, of course, but that's not how we've traditionally done things around here, and while I can warn you that while you might seldom personally like what people do with your bits, there's a real joy in how they take on a life and an identity of their own and people get a kick out of them.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:18 AM   #445
Hartley Mays

Default website working, follow-up on mcp C (narrow) layout

The website seems to be working ok for now, finally got logged on using the different account and a new password.

Back to the question about the narrow C layout strip. I didn't follow your reply from last week (post 434):

"– not sure where this issue belongs, could be the HW device itself or could be handling of MCU with REAPER, which in any case does not feel very predictable here."

From your response, I do see what the intended purpose of the wider selected layout is, so I understand why it's good to have that option.

Thanks,
Hartley

Last edited by Hartley Mays; 03-29-2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: corrected post number
Hartley Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #446
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley Mays View Post
The website seems to be working ok for now, finally got logged on using the different account and a new password.

Back to the question about the narrow C layout strip. I didn't follow your reply from last week (post 434):

"– not sure where this issue belongs, could be the HW device itself or could be handling of MCU with REAPER, which in any case does not feel very predictable here."

From your response, I do see what the intended purpose of the wider selected layout is, so I understand why it's good to have that option.

Thanks,
Hartley
Hi, okay good!

– Yes it was about the generally faulty drawing of MCP layouts with a sidebar, that only happens when they're selected from an external device and only right after intervening with the UI.

I was just trying to say that I excluded ReaLearn as being the culprit. Maybe somewhere there is an option or preference for connected devices that will work better, but I haven't looked into it any further.

Old 04-05-2022, 02:34 PM   #447
Tomwhite1970

Default Updates

How does one get the updates for themes already purchased? I have the dm series as well as the mc series. At the time of purchase the website was not allowing log in so I had to make the purchases as a guest and I see now it shows I have no purchases.
Tomwhite1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 03:47 PM   #448
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomwhite1970 View Post
How does one get the updates for themes already purchased? I have the dm series as well as the mc series. At the time of purchase the website was not allowing log in so I had to make the purchases as a guest and I see now it shows I have no purchases.
Hi Tom, please try login once more, should work now.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:20 PM   #449
Tomwhite1970

Yes I can log in. That That's been fixed since the last time I replied to this thread but I don't see how to get the update unless I purchase the themes again.
Never mind. I had to refresh the page and now my purchases are showing. Thank you for correcting this and sorry to be of bother.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:34 PM   #450
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomwhite1970 View Post
Yes I can log in. That That's been fixed since the last time I replied to this thread but I don't see how to get the update unless I purchase the themes again.
Never mind. I had to refresh the page and now my purchases are showing. Thank you for correcting this and sorry to be of bother.
good, sorry for the inconvenience!
Old 04-05-2022, 05:34 PM   #451
Tomwhite1970

Quote:
good, sorry for the inconvenience!
Don't be sorry. I wish everyone took care of their customers as promptly especially for such a small matter.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:15 AM   #452
CDS

1. I see your sample illusion and I downloaded your theme and find nothing similar, how does one get the same thing as your illusions show.

2. Is there a font in Window's 10 that is compatible without installing another font.

3. Did you remove forward and backwards arrows at the bottom of the tracks screen, I did not see them when I tried using your theme.

4. The horizontal VU meter is excessively tall, how to make it half the height and extend the full width of the track view, like in the Paulie theme.

5. When I tried the theme adjuster I only get the settings for non version six themes, other version six themes work properly. I put the adjuster in the scripts/cockos folder that didn't work so I tried another folder like I have the other version six themes.

CDS

Last edited by CDS; 04-09-2022 at 04:26 AM.
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #453
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
1. I see your sample illusion and I downloaded your theme and find nothing similar, how does one get the same thing as your illusions show.
Hi, not sure what you are comparing, images from Stash, images in the CSIX GUIDE, screenshots on the web page or in this thread? Many things have been changed and not all pictures have been updated, I hope you understand.
Quote:
2. Is there a font in Window's 10 that is compatible without installing another font.
If the Roboto fonts aren't installed it will most likely have a fallback to another swiss style font, e.g. 'Arial', 'Helvetica' or 'Switzerland'. Some text may be cut off here and there, but it should work okay. ** In the GIF below I have deactivated the Roboto fonts on my Mac, and as you can see, instead it uses Helvetica as fall back.

Quote:
3. Did you remove forward and backwards arrows at the bottom of the tracks screen, I did not see them when I tried using your theme.
If you mean the small blurry arrows to tap inside scrollbars, then yes, they're omitted in CSIX.

Quote:
4. The horizontal VU meter is excessively tall, how to make it half the height and extend the full width of the track view, like in the Paulie theme.
If I understand correct, it's not possible for you to set up like that from the adjuster or any settings. Also I don't think it will function the exact same way due to the jumping rows in the default 6 theme -which CSIX is based on.

But, just out of interest I did a quick and dirty alternate layout of the Control Panel, is it something like this you mean?
Perhaps it could be useful for more users, and I'll consider it further.

^ Possible alternate TCP layout. Example showing *wrong* fallback font if the 4x Roboto font isn't installed.

Quote:
5. When I tried the theme adjuster I only get the settings for non version six themes, other version six themes work properly. I put the adjuster in the scripts/cockos folder that didn't work so I tried another folder like I have the other version six themes.
Aha it seems strange, it's not clear to me if you got it working or not. I haven't heard of others who have had this problem lately. It should work if you follow the CSIX GUIDE, and of course your REAPER installation should also follow normal practice.

Last edited by PhelixK; 04-11-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #454
CDS

The blurry buttons as you call them I use them frequently I guess I can assign them to unused buttons on my launch pad.

The theme modifier I will look at it again.

CDS
Old 04-10-2022, 11:08 PM   #455
CDS

I got it to show the adjuster views but it did nothing,
I clicked every box available still nothing.

CDS
Old 04-10-2022, 11:37 PM   #456
CDS

I got it to work somewhat but cannot see any changes it can do.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #457
PhelixK

Quote:
I got it to work somewhat but cannot see any changes it can do.
Alright, can you possibly check and answer the following;

1)
For the installed CSIX theme,
what version number is shown at the bottom of the Master Mixer when selected ?

2)
For the CSIX Theme Adjuster script,
what version number is shown when holding the mouse pointer over the Help-button (upper left corner when help text is turned on) ?

3)
In a fresh instance of REAPER with an active CONCEPT SIX theme, does the CSIX Adjuster open if you run the action: Options: Show theme adjuster, yes or no ?

I assume you installed both the theme and CSIX Theme Adjuster resources from the latest Zip on Stash.

– Not sure what you changed to make it work only partially, I might be thinking that the whole REAPER installation is double on your system, or something.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #458
nepenthe

How can I adjust the color for selected media items? I'm used to red=recording, so having this be the color for selected items isn't ideal.
nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:39 PM   #459
CDS

Quote:
Alright, can you possibly check and answer the following;

1)
For the installed CSIX theme,
what version number is shown at the bottom of the Master Mixer when selected ?

2)
For the CSIX Theme Adjuster script,
what version number is shown when holding the mouse pointer over the Help-button (upper left corner when help text is turned on) ?

3)
In a fresh instance of REAPER with an active CONCEPT SIX theme, does the CSIX Adjuster open if you run the action: Options: Show theme adjuster, yes or no ?

I assume you installed both the theme and CSIX Theme Adjuster resources from the latest Zip on Stash.

– Not sure what you changed to make it work only partially, I might be thinking that the whole REAPER installation is double on your system, or something.

I got it to work somewhat.
How do I get the track elements spread across the track with the level and meter below the track elements. In three rows it would be an easy description.

When I change something it applies to all the tracks eg I make the meter horizontal it applies to all the tracks, is there a way to only apply to selected tracks.

CDS

Last edited by CDS; 04-12-2022 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:49 PM   #460
PhelixK

Quote:
I got it to work somewhat.
Okay, well done.
Now, if only I could get you to install the Roboto fonts, but let's not waste any more time on that

Quote:
How do I get the track elements spread across the track with the level and meter below the track elements. In three rows it would be an easy description.
erhm, maybe it wasn’t crystal clear, but I’m afraid the type of layout you wish for isn’t available in present release, has never been and maybe never will be. The perhaps good news I can give, is that I’m still considering to add it.

Quote:
When I change something it applies to all the tracks eg I make the meter horizontal it applies to all the tracks, is there a way to only apply to selected tracks.
From the Adjuster, it’s possible to have different layouts at the same time e.g. Layout A with narrow meter and Layout B with a large meter and only selected TCP controls.

Maybe get some inspiration on how to use different layouts together with the Theme Adjuster in general. Kenny has a nice entry level tutorial here: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#3me_j5dOWg4

Last edited by PhelixK; 04-12-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #461
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthe View Post
How can I adjust the color for selected media items? I'm used to red=recording, so having this be the color for selected items isn't ideal.
Hey!
Personally I have found the red color helpful to quickly identify any not yet color-tagged items, and have kept it as a small but practical workflow thing, and only for the MC Producer theme.

On the other hand, I think it’s not consistent with other CSIX theme variants, and I can fully understand why this item appearance may not suit everyone, so, I have changed it to a more neutral color instead.

If you re-download MC Series, the change has already been made and available as a ‘silent’ update.

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #462
nepenthe

Quote:
Hey!
Personally I have found the red color helpful to quickly identify any not yet color-tagged items, and have kept it as a small but practical workflow thing, and only for the MC Producer theme.

On the other hand, I think it’s not consistent with other CSIX theme variants, and I can fully understand why this item appearance may not suit everyone, so, I have changed it to a more neutral color instead.

If you re-download MC Series, the change has already been made and available as a ‘silent’ update.

Cheers!

Oh cool. Thanks 🙏
Old 04-12-2022, 06:03 PM   #463
CDS

Quote:
Okay, well done.
Now, if only I could get you to install the Roboto fonts, but let's not waste any more time on that

erhm, maybe it wasn’t crystal clear, but I’m afraid the type of layout you wish for isn’t available in present release, has never been and maybe never will be. The perhaps good news I can give, is that I’m still considering to add it.

From the Adjuster, it’s possible to have different layouts at the same time e.g. Layout A with narrow meter and Layout B with a large meter and only selected TCP controls.

Maybe get some inspiration on how to use different layouts together with the Theme Adjuster in general. Kenny has a nice entry level tutorial here: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#3me_j5dOWg4

the font included in your down load is in the fonts folder.
I will try to watch the video but most of the videos take to much time getting to the point they are trying to make.
======================
Kenny's video was too long for the little information it provided. The first two minutes could be deleted since it is already stated in the title of the video.

Last edited by CDS; 04-13-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:17 PM   #464
CDS

Quote:

CONCEPT SIX GUIDE - Installation instructions, screenshots and useful tips.

CONCEPT SIX Series - for HiDPI & 1080p [RELEASE]

Latest revision: 2.3.2
Tested with Reaper 6.53, Win10/11, macOS10/11/12
---------------------
Based on Reaper 6, default theme and theme adjuster.
---------------------
The idea for CONCEPT SIX is to present an organized and
clean appearance of the control panels, giving space
and visual freedom to concentrate on the arrangement,
and the process of creating beautiful sound!
---------------------
Revisions:
2020-04-04 | dev_0.1 | pre-release hidpi (@2x)
2020-04-14 | dev_0.2 | pre-release 1080p (@1x)
2020-04-18 | dev_0.3 | combined resources
2020-04-24 | rev_1.0 | release for PC and Mac
2020-05-10 | rev_1.1 | added channel strips, minor fixes, updated scripts
2020-06-01 | rev_1.2 | see below,
2020-06-14 | rev_1.3a| Corrected: Margins in tcp section. Added: Purple mixer caps.
2020-06-15 | rev_1.3b| Media Explorer: Adjusted color for preview and selection range.
2020-07-20 | rev_1.4 | see below,
2020-10-19 | rev_1.5 | see below,
2020-12-19 | rev_1.6 | Maintenance update.
2021-01-16 | rev_1.7 | see below,
2021-03-01 | rev_1.8 | see below,
2021-07-04 | rev_1.9 | see below,
– – – – – – – – – – –
2021-11-07 | 2.0.0 | Update/upgrade for Themes and custom Theme Adjuster, see info below.
2021-12-20 | 2.1.0 | Update for Themes, see info below.
2022-02-19 | 2.2.1 | Update for Themes and Theme Adjuster, see info below.
2022-03-12 | 2.3.0 | Update for Themes, Theme Adjuster and CSIX Track Icons, see info below.
2022-03-19 | 2.3.1 | Maintenance and update for Themes, see info below.
2022-04-02 | 2.3.2 | Update for Themes and Theme Adjuster, see info below.

Revision 1.2:
+ Two new theme variants for CONCEPT SIX BASIC, plus an experimental skin for fun!
+ Customized CONCEPT SIX theme adjuster for all variants.
• Script and functions updated to fit Reaper 6.11
• Arrangement: Adjustet color for un-selected automation items
• Graphics: Small adjustments for mcp narrow mode and tcp folders.
- Mixer Panel, automation icons: Swap colors for latch and preview
- Alternate mixer thumbs: Corrected alignment when displayed in lower resolutions.

Revision 1.4:
+ Additional layouts prepared for hi-dpi
• Larger font size for tcp labels
• Updates to theme configuration and custom Theme Adjuster (rev.1.01).
- Corrections for Media items, Fx/parm/sends slots, Media Explorer, Matrix/Diagram view.

Revision 1.5:
• Maintenance and update for existing variants,
• Various elements optimized for latest Reaper features
• Minor updates and corrections in configuration scripts
- Changed color for solo buttons (MC series)
- Changed super-collapsed tcp height
- Channel Strips, fixed compact view for folder tracks
+ New theme-variant: CONCEPT SIX - DM ONYX, prepped for 'dark mode' system appearances.

Revision 1.7:
• Maintenance and update for existing variants,
+ New theme-variant for dark mode series: CONCEPT SIX - DM XENON.
• Adjusted Transport bar.

Revision 1.8:
• Maintenance and update for all theme variants,
- Toolbars: button padding, bold font style
– Transport: larger readout for BPM/time signature
- Arrangement: theme colors for Razor Edit and selected track lanes
- BC Series: darker window lists
- DM Series: additional theme variants with inverted (bright) media peaks/midi
- MC Series/Integral: larger fader thumbs, enhanced tcp highlighting and VU meters

Revision 1.9c:
• Maintenance and update for all variants
- Corrected scrollbars for Media Explorer and Midi Editor
- Updated Theme Adjuster v1.02 with more coloring options and action buttons
– Minor corrections in Master VU to fit loudness readout

– – – – –
CONCEPT SIX 2.0.0
• Global enhancements and corrections
– MCP, Trimmed mixer layout, enlarged controls
– MCP, Added Recording Mode and Volume readout in 'narrow form'
– MCP, Adjustable height and optional Sidebar for slim channel strip (layout 'C')
– MCP, Resizable Fx GUI embed
– TCP, Separated Send List
– TCP, 4 digit track numbers
– Themed loudness-meters for tracks/master
– Improved markers text and matrix view

• CSIX Theme Adjuster v1.03
– Additional coloring options and settings; TCP Sends List - Channel Strip - Fx Embed

– New in Basic Color Series: BC EXTENDED

Revision 2.1.0 - 2.2.1
• Maintenance and update, all theme variants

– Master Mixer, added two alternate layouts: Wide + Wide Sidebar (auto-expand for Fx Embed)
– Adjusted media item appearance
– Some general color corrections
– Updated toolbar icons
– Adjusted transport bar
– Adjusted envelope CP
– Generic knob, fixed wrong size @1x
– TCP, cleanup folder start/end
– MCP, slim channel strip, 4-digit track numbers
– MCP, fix folder icon/last when fxembed scaling is used

• CSIX Theme Adjuster v1.04
– MCP settings, added options to display parm/sends below inserts
– TCP settings, adjusted track name auto-size
– Transport settings, toggle external timecode synchronization.

Revision 2.3.0 - 2.3.2
• Maintenance and update, all theme variants
– TCP, slightly larger pan/width knobs
– TCP, reworked mute/solo/phase/icon/lanes -section
– TCP, optionally hide VU meter (from Theme Adjuster)
– TCP separator, added title field for existing Divider layout
– Some color corrections for control panels/tracks/items appearance when locked/muted/soloed
– Arrangement, minor adjustments for grid and lines
– Media Items, added two-color knobstack for the Volume Knob (BC Series only)
– Larger font in some places (@1x)
– Updated icons for Media Explorer toolbar (theme colors)

CSIX Theme Adjuster v1.05 - v1.06
– TCP settings, added vu meter size 'HIDE'
– TCP settings, added button to show/hide fx inserts
– MCP settings, added slider to scale FxEmbed in Master Mixer Wide/Sidebar layouts.

---------------------

Update instructions:

Revision 1.3 a-b
1) Overwrite old Theme
2) Manually discard old CONCEPT-SIX-BASIC_theme_adjuster script.
3) Install new CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster.lua script including the new Images folder.

Revision 1.4
1) Overwrite ReaperTheme(s)
2) Overwrite CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster.lua script (root folder > Scripts > Cockos/).

Revision 1.5
Overwrite/install ReaperTheme revisions. Done.

Revision 1.6

Revision 1.7

Revision 1.8

Revision 1.9
1) Overwrite/install ReaperTheme revisions.
2) Overwrite custom script: CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster.lua AND the updated image folder: CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster_images
(REAPER resource path > scripts > cockos/).

--- Version 2.0.0 ---
1) Install ReaperTheme(s). * New 'version 2' themes initialize on first run and will not overwrite older theme variants and settings. Remove old themes manually.
2) Overwrite/install custom script: 'CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster.lua' AND the updated image folder: 'CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster_images' (REAPER resource path > scripts > cockos/).

Revision 2.1.0
1) Overwrite/install ReaperTheme(s).

Revision 2.2.0 - 2.3.2
1) Overwrite/install ReaperTheme(s)
2) Overwrite/install Theme Adjuster script: 'CONCEPT-SIX_theme_adjuster.lua' v1.06 (REAPER resource path > scripts > cockos/)
3) Update/install CSIX Track Icons.

---------------------
Corrections for next update (awaiting):
- none

Basic Edition available from Stash server. BC, MC and DM Series from external webpage.

Full installation packages, theme variants and description, please visit the Download and Donation Page: https://additive.audio/csix

Reaper Stash resource (small basic install): CONCEPT SIX BASIC

*Download from the Donation and Support Page include additional content. There you can also sign up to receive notifications about updates.

Has any one in the Reaper community been able to create with your download of concept six basic, or are the images wish images. I asked the creator but just got jibber jabber.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:13 PM   #465
PhelixK

Quote:
Has any one in the Reaper community been able to create with your download of concept six basic, or are the images wish images. I asked the creator but just got jibber jabber.
Quote:
the font included in your down load is in the fonts folder.
I will try to watch the video but most of the videos take to much time getting to the point they are trying to make.
======================
Kenny's video was too long for the little information it provided. The first two minutes could be deleted since it is already stated in the title of the video.

Hello @CDS,
Please completely delete the last two post of yours, thank you.
If not deleted by yourself within a very short time, I'll will report all your postings including you to the admins.

– I tried help you in a friendly professional manner, still I haven't seen the slightest appreciation of any kind. I believe it's the same case for other threads where you have participated.

– Now you start attacking and criticizing other creators of the community, and using my thread to try involve other people by talking around me. Don't know if you've been drinking or what, but that's a no go.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:49 PM   #466
dasherma

This is perhaps not possible, but -- is there any way to set the cursor to _not_ blink? I'd like to be able to turn that attribute off and see how I feel about it.

Thanks.

Oh, I'm using the MC-Integral version of the theme.

EDIT: figured it out. Just set the edit cursor and edit cursor alternate colors to the same color.

Last edited by dasherma; 04-17-2022 at 08:55 PM.
dasherma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:28 PM   #467
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasherma View Post
EDIT: figured it out. Just set the edit cursor and edit cursor alternate colors to the same color.
Hi, yes exactly!
And to preserve settings from the Tweaker, save it into a new ‘child-theme’ next to the original theme. Just remember if other important basic settings for the theme are changed in future updates, you may want to trash this child theme and repeat the tweaking to include other new setting.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:09 AM   #468
dasherma

Quote:
Hi, yes exactly!
And to preserve settings from the Tweaker, save it into a new ‘child-theme’ next to the original theme. Just remember if other important basic settings for the theme are changed in future updates, you may want to trash this child theme and repeat the tweaking to include other new setting.

Thanks, I did eventually figure that out, though it took me a couple of tries.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that if you tweak a theme, Reaper will save it as an anonymous theme if you don't explicitly save it.
dasherma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:51 AM   #469
nepenthe

Is there any way to make track labels longer? I'm only able to see ~ 14 characters before the text is cut off, no matter how wide the track headers are.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:42 PM   #470
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasherma View Post
Thanks, I did eventually figure that out, though it took me a couple of tries.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that if you tweak a theme, Reaper will save it as an anonymous theme if you don't explicitly save it.
Yeah if not renamed, REAPER saves the tweak as the working sub-theme. This can be useful if the theme has been assigned to actions and function lists, then the setup should continue to work. Also the theme is only showed as a single entry in the themes drop-down menu.

Again, I think this is something to be aware of; if an update to CSIX (or any other theme) includes specific theme settings for newly introduced features and changed behavior in REAPER, these settings may be different from the factory theme settings and will not be automatically copied to the custom theme tweak, which means the theme can become obsolete, or in better words, not fully maintained

Old 04-18-2022, 01:03 PM   #471
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthe View Post
Is there any way to make track labels longer? I'm only able to see ~ 14 characters before the text is cut off, no matter how wide the track headers are.
Hmm, if I set Name Size to the largest fixed size, which is 170 from CSIX Theme Adjuster > track panel settings, it shows 26 characters here, in both standard and hi-res. Have you tried that? And if I set Name Size = Auto, labels can fill almost the entire screen width.

Last edited by PhelixK; 04-18-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #472
PhelixK

Default CSIX - revision 2.4.0

2022-04-22 | revision 2.4.0 |

• Maintenance update, all variants
  • Transport, adjusted slider for play rate setting
  • Added alternate TCP layout: ALT Pan & Meter (A formatted).

The alternate TCP layout has new slider buttons for panorama and stereo width, and full horizontal meter with a fixed height.

With the exception of the meter, all settings will follow layout (A) from the CSIX Theme Adjuster.

– I haven't really incorporated this into my own workflow yet, so until further the layout is kind of an experimental addition to check out if you like. Maybe the pan buttons can be used in other layouts, we'll see

Last edited by PhelixK; 04-24-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #473
CDS

When I have horizontal VU meter how do I adjust the level and assign the sends and receives. I don't use the modifier since it doesn't work with version 5, switching to version 6 is not a option since there is little benefit to me to switch.

Cds
Old 04-28-2022, 04:55 AM   #474
CDS

Your revision is great I can now use your revision out of the box, rather than revising how I work.

I have to be careful how I described any reference to your work or someone will have an attitude.

CDS
Old 05-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #475
nepenthe

Quote:
Hmm, if I set Name Size to the largest fixed size, which is 170 from CSIX Theme Adjuster > track panel settings, it shows 26 characters here, in both standard and hi-res. Have you tried that? And if I set Name Size = Auto, labels can fill almost the entire screen width.

Ah, ok. "Auto" works great. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #476
PhelixK

Default CSIX - revision 2.5

2022-05-22 | revision 2.5.0 |

• Maintenance update, CSIX Series / Basic edition.
  • some corrections for muted items/takes appearance (again)
  • added alternate mixer panel layout: "ALT Pan & Width" (MCP A-formatted)
Some more tweaking have been made to the existing TCP layout "ALT Pan & Meter", and now also possible to have a similar alternate layout in the mixer. Sometimes when performing a lot of panning and corrections for stereo width, I like to use these layouts as they provide a different (IMO better) peripheral overview, and also reason for making the sliders quite large in size.

CONCEPT SIX Series - MC Integral, rev. 2.5

For comparison here's CSIX DM Onyx showing default pan knobs (also has the alternate sliders available):

-

*At present, if using the alternate layouts, it's not an option also to change colors for volume thumbs. I'm considering a variant that uses sliders by default, which more efficiently allows for alternate thumbs, adjustable TCP meters, and so forth.

Last edited by PhelixK; 05-22-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:32 AM   #477
Bouroki

@PhelixK Is it possible to get back the selected item's red color when track is at default color? Sorry if this has been answered before.
Bouroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:51 PM   #478
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
@PhelixK Is it possible to get back the selected item's red color when track is at default color? Sorry if this has been answered before.
Hi! Sure, do this to get back the red indication and how it was in MC Producer (until revision 2.3):

From the Actions List > Find and run Theme development: Show theme tweak
In tweaker window > Find Media item background selected (even and odd tracks)
Click and change settings for both entries to RGB = 255/0/0
Save the now customized color theme.

like this: https://i.imgur.com/t1WtDAH.png

Old 06-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #479
Bouroki

Quote:
Hi! Sure, do this to get back the red indication and how it was in MC Producer (until revision 2.3):

From the Actions List > Find and run Theme development: Show theme tweak
In tweaker window > Find Media item background selected (even and odd tracks)
Click and change settings for both entries to RGB = 255/0/0
Save the now customized color theme.

like this: https://i.imgur.com/t1WtDAH.png

Perfect! Thank you so much and I'm really enjoying working with MC Producer daily!
Bouroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:48 PM   #480
PhelixK

Default Coming up in rev. 2.6

With REAPER 6.61 it is now possible to overlay value labels on knobs and sliders which is very suited for the alternate layouts that I've recently added to the CONCEPT SIX Series. In particular useful when tracks are minimized, I think. As for the horizontal VU meter it can now adjust height slightly, or be completely hidden.

Before next release I need to do some adjustments on the corresponding alternate MCP layout and versioned for the various theme variants, but it shouldn't take so long

Here's a glimpse of how it works in TCP, along with various settings from the custom theme adjuster,