Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 07-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #361
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
You're welcome! it was pretty easy to figure out once I saw you're screenshot.
The bug was also there in Windows, so I'm surprised no one reported it sooner.
Maybe I've just been lucky every time I clicked it, but yesterday I was doing a lot of testing for an envelope problem someone else was having and that was the first time I've seen it.

Quote:
It doesn't do that in Windows, so I can't troubleshoot since I haven't set up a Reaper/Linux box yet.
Pretty sure all the vertical faders use the same image file, but notice the Threshold slider is not nearly as wacked out as the Wet/Dry sliders.
If it's not repeating in the other Reaper plugins, then I suspect it's a UI code bug for that specific plugin.

Did you test in other themes, like the Default, to see if the slider lane is wider than it should or needs to be?
It may be less noticeable in the default, so it might be easier to miss.
ReaComp looks like something might be up UI wise even with the stock theme. Here's a side by side of what ReaComp looks like compared to ReaDelay. Specifically note how wide the wet and dry faders are on ReaComp vs ReaDelay.

Last edited by Glennbo; 08-15-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:37 AM   #362
biopsin

Default mixer bug 5.965 ->

I have a oddball behavor if I want to add "send/receives & hw outputs"
on channel 1 in the mixer, the popup just autocloses and it's impossible to use.
This does not happen on any other channels in the mixer; also add "send/receives & hw outputs" on track 1 behaves normal.

So there something bobo with the mixer and channel 1.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:43 AM   #363
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopsin View Post
I have a oddball behavor if I want to add "send/receives & hw outputs"
on channel 1 in the mixer, the popup just autocloses and it's impossible to use.
This does not happen on any other channels in the mixer; also add "send/receives & hw outputs" on track 1 behaves normal.

So there something bobo with the mixer and channel 1.
Don't think so - at least I can't reproduce that behaviour - it's all working normally here AFAICS. Can you provide more detailed (step-by-step) instructions?

Also, do you have any plugins running on channel 1? If so, what happens when you remove them?
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:17 AM   #364
biopsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Don't think so - ....
I have narrowed it down to the WM (pekwm) - I use a sloppy mouse option that focuses under pointer without raise, however this only affects channel 1 in the mixer all other channels behave ok until I move the pointer off the popup. Also this does not happen on any of the tracks, and no plugs are loaded.
So I don't know what to think..

# mkv video (expires after 1 day)
https://tknk.io/Y9nG

Last edited by biopsin; 08-07-2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: addon
biopsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:46 AM   #365
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopsin View Post
I have narrowed it down to the WM (pekwm)...
...So I don't know what to think..
In that case sorry, I have no experience with pekwm so I can't help. Hopefully someone else who's using it will be able to chime in and help you.
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #366
theeighth

Hello.
I'm using Reaper on Linux (Debian 10 amd64) and here are some bugs I found:

1. Plugins options is not working properly. The bug's affects sliders - for example, I can't change Threshold for Fairly Childish compressor because there are only two options for me: -60 dB or 0 dB . I can't use slider to make it -30 or -20 or -5 dB, I can move it only stricktly to the left or to the right. That's it. I see this problem with mostly all plugins except for ReaComp, ReaEQ and other Rea-plugins series.
I've also moved my LV2-plugins to reaper via lv2vst and the situation with them is the same. I can't configure almost all plugins except some of them.
2. Graphics in plugins windows not showing properly. Here's the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0L...ew?usp=sharing

I'm sorry if somebody has already posted about those problems here and there is a solution.
And I'm also sorry for bad english =)
theeighth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #367
biopsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
In that case sorry..
Well found out it's not a WM issue at all.

I had set Master Track to show in docker (separate from mixer tracks),
this creates the issue with the first track in the mixer.
Moving Master track back to left side of mixer and all is good.
(having master track on the right also bugs the first track).
Old 08-17-2019, 04:38 AM   #368
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeighth View Post
Hello.
I'm using Reaper on Linux (Debian 10 amd64) and here are some bugs I found:

1. Plugins options is not working properly. The bug's affects sliders - for example, I can't change Threshold for Fairly Childish compressor because there are only two options for me: -60 dB or 0 dB . I can't use slider to make it -30 or -20 or -5 dB, I can move it only stricktly to the left or to the right. That's it. I see this problem with mostly all plugins except for ReaComp, ReaEQ and other Rea-plugins series.
I've also moved my LV2-plugins to reaper via lv2vst and the situation with them is the same. I can't configure almost all plugins except some of them.
2. Graphics in plugins windows not showing properly. Here's the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0L...ew?usp=sharing

I'm sorry if somebody has already posted about those problems here and there is a solution.
And I'm also sorry for bad english =)
(edit)

Try changing the decimal point for your system locale to be a period rather than a comma.

Normally the system locale isn't used by REAPER, but perhaps you loaded a plug-in which is setting the numeric locale?

In either case, future builds will have a warning/setting to try to override.

Last edited by Justin; 08-17-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #369
kytdkut

Hello. Using BSPWM; if the REAPER window has borders (BSPWM's window decorations) the GUI stuff gets offset from where is "actually located". In this example I have exaggerated the border width to make the error obvious, because this offset varies depending on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g9nuq1xxy...14-21.gif?dl=0
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #370
wholehalf

Default No scrollbar

Hello,

When I resize a window so that part of its contents are hidden, no scrollbar appears to move the window's contents. This happens both to floating and docked windows. I am currently on Kubuntu 19.04 with KDE, but have had the same behavior on Pop!_os 19.04 with gnome desktop and Ubuntu studio 19.04 with Xfce desktop.

EDIT: I just realized that this stops happening if the window (floating or docked) is a plugin and I disable the plugin's UI.
EDIT 2: This is not consistent, for example there are no scrollbars on ReaEQ even after disabling its UI.
EDIT 3: Same behavior on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Raspbian.

System:
Reaper Version 5.982
HP Pavilion x360, 11 inch laptop
Display: 1366x768
Processor: 4 × Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 4GB of RAM
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20190817_220150.png (42.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20190817_220345.png (38.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by wholehalf; 08-20-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: New info
wholehalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:51 AM   #371
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
Hello. Using BSPWM; if the REAPER window has borders (BSPWM's window decorations) the GUI stuff gets offset from where is "actually located". In this example I have exaggerated the border width to make the error obvious, because this offset varies depending on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g9nuq1xxy...14-21.gif?dl=0
Hmm I need to check, but this looks like a bug with bspwm, as it should be responsible for accounting for the window decoration sizes...
Old 08-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #372
benebomber

Default LinVST bridged plugin windows don't size properly.

Sorry if this might be a double post, but I searched the forum and didn't find something similar.

I have several VST2 plugins from different vendors bridged by LinVST, and all of them open in a minimal plugin window which I have to manually resize every time I open the window (so it doesn't keep its size). See attached screenshot.)
This only appears in Reaper, not in Ardour. I installed the latest WINE after this tutorial:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

... and compiled all VSTs again with LinVST 2.65 using the embedded method.

I'm on Linux Mint 19.2 (Cinnamon) and Reaper 5.981.

Thanks for any help or hint!
Attached Images
File Type: png epicVerb.png (44.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #373
kytdkut

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebomber View Post
Sorry if this might be a double post, but I searched the forum and didn't find something similar.

I have several VST2 plugins from different vendors bridged by LinVST, and all of them open in a minimal plugin window which I have to manually resize every time I open the window (so it doesn't keep its size). See attached screenshot.)
This only appears in Reaper, not in Ardour. I installed the latest WINE after this tutorial:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

... and compiled all VSTs again with LinVST 2.65 using the embedded method.

I'm on Linux Mint 19.2 (Cinnamon) and Reaper 5.981.

Thanks for any help or hint!

For me that happens if you select "in separate plug-in process" or "in dedicated process per-plugin" in REAPER prefs -> compatibility -> VST bridging/firewalling. "Only native" does not have this issue.
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #374
benebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
For me that happens if you select "in separate plug-in process" or "in dedicated process per-plugin" in REAPER prefs -> compatibility -> VST bridging/firewalling. "Only native" does not have this issue.
Oh yeah, that did it. But then, bridging is totally disabled, right? So I'd rather consider that a momentary workaround. I initially activated it because I have loads of Win plugins running and hoped it would stabilize the thing. But let's see ...

Anyway, thank you for the heads up, kytdkut!
Old 08-30-2019, 01:26 PM   #375
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
ReaComp looks like something might be up UI wise even with the stock theme.
ReaComp seems to have gotten worse about graphic UI elements in v5.983. Here's what I'm seeing now. Before 5.983 only the vertical sliders were messed up. Now the horizontal ones are too.

Last edited by Glennbo; 09-01-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #376
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
ReaComp seems to have gotten worse about graphic UI elements in v5.983. Here's what I'm seeing now.
Thanks! Good news: this will be fixed in the next +dev builds. Bad news: might not get into 5.98x any time soon .
Old 08-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #377
SmajjL

- -
Old 08-31-2019, 05:29 AM   #378
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks! Good news: this will be fixed in the next +dev builds. Bad news: might not get into 5.98x any time soon .
Thanks. I'm just glad it can be fixed and not something unique to my setup. I'll start watching the pre-release forum.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:39 AM   #379
Glennbo

Default Another UI issue

Installed v5.983 and double clicking a wave clip I get this dialog box with blank space where stuff should be.

Edit:

On closer inspection, I am noticing that many UI containers are now smaller than the panels they host. For instance, open ReaEQ in an existing project and the right and bottom edges are covering the right and bottom edges of the panel inside the container.

Then I noticed I had a scroll bar at the bottom of the panel above, and when I stretched out the right edge of the container, the missing stuff from the above capture is now sitting to the right, rather than the bottom of that panel.

Last edited by Glennbo; 09-01-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #380
Justin
Administrator

Yeah we changed the default scaling of UI elements in 5.983, so pixel sizes saved in the ini and projects may be a little small, doh. “experimental release” disclaimer
Old 09-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #381
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yeah we changed the default scaling of UI elements in 5.983, so pixel sizes saved in the ini and projects may be a little small, doh. “experimental release” disclaimer
Thanks, I did figure out that stretching the bottom of the first screen cap image does cause the missing stuff at the bottom to snap back to the bottom where I'm used to seeing it.

For grins, I created a new project using the default template I've used for some time now, and it doesn't seem to have the issue when I add new instances of ReaEQ or other native plugins. I'm guessing that since they are new instances, they will default to the new scaling. I was thinking I would need to tweak my template, but since it has no FX saved in it, they will instantiate properly and I don't need to worry about creating future projects using that template.

Hehe, for an experimental release, REAPER for Linux seems pretty solid to me!