Old 06-16-2019, 07:25 AM   #41
Reabert
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
The RME Digiface USB is having a lot of dropouts and other performance issues
You must be doing something fundamentally wrong. We have it here in the studio in massive use. No dropout ever!
Reabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #42
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reabert View Post
You must be doing something fundamentally wrong. We have it here in the studio in massive use. No dropout ever!
" what should I have in the "Madiface settings" app for "Enable MMCSS for ASIO" and what should REAPER options/prefs/audio/device Audio Thread Priority be set to? "

Do you know how you have those set?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #43
bogo

To me it's default settings. What's the buffer size you are using ?
bogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #44
pipelineaudio
Mortal

128 or 256.... 128 was working fine on the MOTU 424, so I was trying to do an apples to apples.

So after changing the USB buss to make sure the Digiface is the only thing on, I only had "USB Diagnosis" in RME settings give my a single USB error as opposed to hundreds when it was sharing a buss

Its working pretty well in reaper, but its still giving lots of dropouts in OBS monitor for some reason.

When you say defaults, do you mean that you left "Enable MCMCSS for ASIO" on in Madiface settings?

In REAPER are you using the default settings?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #45
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Moving this off of a Via chipset seems to be helping, crossed fingers!
Old 06-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #46
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Moving this off of a Via chipset seems to be helping, crossed fingers!
Interesting. I'll be keen to hear how this goes. My RME interfaces (I now have two UFXs) have always been run on Intel chipsets with zero issues. I usually run my buffer at 128 even for most final mixes.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #47
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I put an add on Rosewill USB card that uses renases chips and so far, not a single dropout! Now working in the other thread with people to create some stuff to make totalmix easier to control from reaper
Old 06-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #48
Dannii

Great to hear you got this sorted reasonably easily.

I've been following the other topics about controlling Totalmix mainly just to see how others are doing things. I ended up purchasing an ARC USB a couple of weeks ago and it is a perfect solution for my needs. I can control all my mic gains, phantom power, Ambisonic monitoring and headphone monitoring and switch between various recording and mixing setups at the press of a button and spin of the dial. Well worth the money for me.
I love being able to control things without even needing to have Totalmix open but I can show and hide it with one button press when needed.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #49
pipelineaudio
Mortal

For me, since Im using that M32 for a lot of stuff, in addition to the loopback stuff, I'd have to give up a few more input channels and have to work in Buss mode in the Midas M32 in order to really take advantage of the other features of the ARC

But if I did, I was wondering, are you really using it as your volume knob? Do you ever forget to have the knob all the way down when you first start up in the morning?
Old 06-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #50
Dannii

Quote:
But if I did, I was wondering, are you really using it as your volume knob? Do you ever forget to have the knob all the way down when you first start up in the morning?
I do indeed use it as my main volume (and headphone volume) control. I never touch the levels on my amps. The sub amp doesn't even have a level control, just a power switch. It's a MOSFET amp from a Village Roadshow Cinema, as are my subs, and I run it in bridge mode for around 2KW total maximum RMS power to four EV DL15W 15" drivers.
I have speaker de-thump protection on all ten amplifier channels so don't need to be concerned about thumps at on/off time.

As for levels, I've never had an issue with my monitors starting at the level I left them at the previous day. I have snapshots and workspaces set up in Totalmix for quick recall of complete configurations for either monitoring or recording. Those snapshots all have the monitor level at a nominal level that matches the K System calibration I'm using.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #51
rjeunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb945 View Post
What does that mean? MOTU just released updated drivers this month for all of their AVB/USB interfaces and also recently released some new interfaces (8-pre-es, 828es and UltraLite-mk4) all of which feature USB2.
I got a MOTU Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid 4 years ago, and the Windows drivers haven't been updated since 2015. It dosent work properly on my new system. But this product is still in their catalogue. Only the MacOS version got refreshed recently. MOTU is mainly for exclusive Mac users. As I've got PC and Mac I gave up MOTU.
rjeunet is offline   Reply With Quote