Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-19-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
WaterWaterTasmania
Human being with feelings

Default Any solutions for manually transcribing dialogue in Reaper? (or automatically)

I'm working on long chunks of dialogue for a documentary and usually I would use a transcription service like Trint to just AI transcribe everything, which works OK when all the accents are American, but this piece has lots of accents from around the world, so while I understand everything, the AI does not. At the moment to transcribe those bits that are too hard for the AI i'm just having Reaper and a word processor side by side in split screen and tabbing between the windows. Is there a better way?

I know this is an obscure request - i've just noticed so many amazing solutions in Reaper by third parties so thought i'd ask the question.
WaterWaterTasmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
DarrenH

Unfortunately i can't offer a better solution than Trint but interested in what others might suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWaterTasmania View Post
I'm working on long chunks of dialogue for a documentary and usually I would use a transcription service like Trint to just AI transcribe everything, which works OK when all the accents are American, but this piece has lots of accents from around the world, so while I understand everything, the AI does not. At the moment to transcribe those bits that are too hard for the AI i'm just having Reaper and a word processor side by side in split screen and tabbing between the windows. Is there a better way?

I know this is an obscure request - i've just noticed so many amazing solutions in Reaper by third parties so thought i'd ask the question.
DarrenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #3
hopi

you could hire a person to do it... I might know of one

you'd need to supply her with an mp3 of the talk